Samsung Electronics' heir apparent Lee Jae-yong profiled as silver spoon-fed product of corrupt nepo

Comments

• Reply 61 of 83
    Quote:

Originally Posted by stompy View Post

So true. I'm just reading the comments for a laugh.

That is the AppleInsider experience in a nutshell.

• Reply 62 of 83
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    techlover wrote: »
    DED you have an unhealthy obsession with samsung.

He wouldn't be that upset with someone that cursed out his mom, and kicked his dog. :lol:
  • Reply 63 of 83
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Lenovo’s getting sued over this, period.

Perhaps ... but Apple needs us and NOW!

We should stop buying anything with Samsung, Lenovo name on it including any other smart ass tech company who tries to copy Apple like this!

That, my friend, is the only way to teach them how to behave. :smokey:

• Reply 64 of 83
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member
    disturbia wrote: »

Perhaps ... but Apple needs us and NOW!

We should stop buying anything with Samsung, Lenovo name on it including any other smart ass tech company who tries to copy Apple like this!

That, my friend, is the only way to teach them how to behave.

Yeah, with Apple teetering on the edge and all that, and being the lowly underdog in tech it's time to circle the wagons, rally the troops. No time to waste. :\
  • Reply 65 of 83
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TechLover View Post

Healthy or UNhealthy, he's NOT the only one. You wouldn't wanna name google, android or samsung in front of me.... :smokey: 

• Reply 66 of 83
    Healthy or UNhealthy, he's NOT the only one. You wouldn't wanna name google, android or samsung in front of me.... :smokey:  

Yikes. Duly noted. I bet that you are really fun at parties ;)

I guess I just don't have the energy to hate a corporation that doesn't give a shit about me. If a company makes a useful product at fair price that works for me, then I'll buy it and use it. If not then I don't.

Then again I'm not religious or political either, which is basically the same thing.
  • Reply 67 of 83
    g000g000 Posts: 3member
    The last statement in the article is inaccurate, its not sales but brand recognition in china.
  • Reply 68 of 83
    Quote:

Originally Posted by TechLover View Post

Yikes. Duly noted. I bet that you are really fun at parties image

Actually, I am really fun at parties ... not geek and certainly not religious ;)

But, I just hate these 2 ... google and samsung. Sorry :)

• Reply 69 of 83
    Yikes. Duly noted. I bet that you are really fun at parties ;)

Actually, I am really fun at parties ... not geek and certainly not religious ;)

But, I just hate these 2 ... google and samsung. Sorry :)

No apology needed, we all get to have our own opinions and feelings.

I guess that as I was reading the piece, it dawned on me that I've read that same thing with the same graphics by DED countless times. It's like a broken record.

FWIW you can come to my party any time.
  • Reply 70 of 83
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member

Apple reportedly <a href="http://www.cnet.com/news/apple-replaces-samsung-as-top-mobile-brand-in-china/">just passed up</a> Samsung in Chinese smartphone sales.
    It wasn't smartphone sales, it was the Brand Power Index in the mobile segment.
  • Reply 71 of 83

Lee Jae-yong.  Ballmers second coming. Photo-copier, photo-copier, photo-copier,...

• Reply 72 of 83
    ninuola wrote: »
    What does that mean?

It means they are in 70 different kinds of businesses that make up all of Samsung. Samsung electronics, credit cards- financing etc. they even partner with Renault on cars for the South Korean market. I don't know if they make them for other markets outside South Korea. Samsung is HUGE conglomerate in Korea. They have their hands in just about everything.
  • Reply 73 of 83
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Lenovo’s getting sued over this, period.

Apple does not hold a patent on rounded rectanglesi

• Reply 74 of 83
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

It wasn't smartphone sales, it was the Brand Power Index in the mobile segment.

But don't let facts get in the way of a good DED rant....

• Reply 75 of 83

God only knows where Apple would be if they operated with the same unbridled support of their local government like Samsung.  As a Apple shareholder I'll enjoy watching Samsung burn. 

• Reply 76 of 83
    badmonkbadmonk Posts: 1,293member
    No DED is not being hyperbolic. The technical term for what Samsung is a chaebol. Typically these large Korean companies engage in borderline or frankly criminal behavior. If someone wants to do a little more digging, check out the article that was in Vanity Fair about Samsung within the last year....similar conclusion.
  • Reply 77 of 83
    Quote:

Originally Posted by BestKeptSecret View Post

Apple does not hold a patent on rounded rectanglesi

Here we go again .... :smokey:

• Reply 78 of 83
    We get it. You are a hack of the first order and the worst fan boy ever. I get that they pay you by the word but good god do we need to see this crap every week?
  • Reply 79 of 83
    Shit tend to rise to the top in companies like Sameshit
  • Reply 80 of 83
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mubaili View Post

That subtle vibration once Apple Pay is processed is just so addictive.

Really so is that why women have an orgasm every time they go to the Mall and purchase something esp. shoes? Could this be the male equivalent? rock on...