Facebook says 66% of Android phones it sees have iPhone 4 era specs from 2011 (or worse)

Comments

• Reply 61 of 169
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

Thank you!

And yes, it was merely my own observations of what I see in my area. 

I only see what I see with my own two eyes. Apparently, certain people have a problem with what my eyes see, and that is not my problem, but theirs. I tend to trust my own eyes, and not the make believe world of what a few fanatics and ideologues might believe.

I think it's more the way you, in a bad light, 'colorfully' paint those who use Android, always leaving out shades of gray. I live in one of the most affluent parts of NJ where the CEOs of Verizon, Square, J&J and many sports figures, as a short list, make residence.  While there are more iPhone users, there are certainly a lot of Android users, also, and income bracket has nothing to do with it. You often get too personal and descriptive, saying things that should remain as thoughts in your own mind.....and because of this, those comments make you come across like a bigot.

• Reply 62 of 169
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    I think it's more the way you, in a bad light, 'colorfully' paint those who use Android, always leaving out shades of gray. I live in one of the most affluent parts of NJ where the CEOs of Verizon, Square, J&J and many sports figures, as a short list, make residence.  While there are more iPhone users, there are certainly a lot of Android users, also, and income bracket has nothing to do with it. You often get too personal and descriptive, saying things that should remain as thoughts in your own mind.....and because of this, those comments make you come across like a bigot.

Were you unaware that [@]Apple ][[/@] lives in NYC? Manhattan if I remember correctly. He's surrounded by liberals. He gets the NYT home delivered just so one less liberal reads it. :lol:
  • Reply 63 of 169
    Dan_DilgerDan_Dilger Posts: 1,583member
    gatorguy wrote: »
    Where does Facebook say these are new phones?? You're claiming Facebook was only interested in NEW phones, so how new? 6 months new, 30 days new? That doesn't even make sense. :no: .

Nobody said the phones are all new. You just don't understand what was being discussed.

The point is that those 66% of "2011 era or worse" Android phones are not actually +3 years old, they just have +3 year old functionality. Obviously.
  • Reply 64 of 169
    Nobody said the phones are all new. You just don't understand what was being discussed.

The point is that those 66% of "2011 era or worse" Android phones are not actually +3 years old, they just have +3 year old functionality. Obviously.

So does the iPhone 5c that Apple still sells, so what is the point?
  • Reply 65 of 169
    chadbagchadbag Posts: 2,000member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

So does the iPhone 5c that Apple still sells, so what is the point?

The 5c has three year old functionality?

• Reply 66 of 169
    No, that graphic shows representative devices of Facebook's Year Class system, not the most popular device of the year.

Ohhhhh... gotcha!

Thanks!
  • Reply 67 of 169
    jr_bjr_b Posts: 64member

"Facebook is made up of Uber Liberals! Zuckerberg is one of the biggest around!"

I guess that's why Zuckerberg is friends with Uber Liberal, Chris Christie.  Oh, wait.

• Reply 68 of 169
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jr_b View Post

"Facebook is made up of Uber Liberals! Zuckerberg is one of the biggest around!"

I guess that's why Zuckerberg is friends with Uber Liberal, Chris Christie.  Oh, wait.

Chris Christie is not a conservative.   

• Reply 69 of 169
    jr_bjr_b Posts: 64member

When did he change to the Democratic party?  

• Reply 70 of 169
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jr_b View Post

When did he change to the Democratic party?  

How is that relevant?  Liberal is not a place holder for Democrat.  There are conservative Democrats and  there are Liberal Republicans.

• Reply 71 of 169
    chadbag wrote: »
    The 5c has three year old functionality?

Yes
  • Reply 72 of 169
    Quote:

Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

Yes

How are you defining that?

The 5c was released last year.  If you want to say it is a reskinned 5, that was 2 years ago.

• Reply 73 of 169
    ddawson100 wrote: »
    I'm proposing a new game: guess the author by reading the headline. I scored a point on this one!

I score every time Dilger spews another Android slur piece onto the internet. Sadly it doesn't make up for choking on the verbal dysentery that he shoves down our throats on a regular basis.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Dilger's posts are a disease on this website. He also lacks basic intellectual hygiene, given the various sock puppet accounts he posts from in support of them.
  • Reply 74 of 169
    A typical Android user complaint about the latest iPhones is all about how they're basically 2012 spec phones. As it turns out ... most Android users are still stuck in 2011 so what does it all matter?
  • Reply 75 of 169
    chadbag wrote: »

How are you defining that?

The 5c was released last year.  <span style="line-height:1.4em;">If you want to say it is a reskinned 5, that was 2 years ago.</span>

Yes, you're correct, I miscounted. Oops
  • Reply 76 of 169
    davidwdavidw Posts: 2,051member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mdriftmeyer View Post

And the vast majority of its user base votes GOP.

How so, when the vast majority of Android/Facebook users don't live in the US. 

• Reply 77 of 169
    I'm an Apple fan, but the amount of fanboyism on here is ridiculous. You don't have to hate other products to love your iPhone.
  • Reply 78 of 169

I'm with you some of the posters on here have issues

• Reply 79 of 169
    magman1979magman1979 Posts: 1,293member
    How the HELL did freaking politics get into this topic and completely derail the discussion?!

ENOUGH ABOUT PARTISAN POLITICS already!

This is a tech site, talk about tech, and leave the politics at the door!
  • Reply 80 of 169
    magman1979 wrote: »
    How the HELL did freaking politics get into this topic and completely derail the discussion?!

ENOUGH ABOUT PARTISAN POLITICS already!

This is a tech site, talk about tech, and leave the politics at the door!

[@]Apple ][[/@] of course. Politics, economics, and everything else but tech.