Rumor: Faulty flash memory in select iPhone 6 & 6 Plus units prompts Apple to make switch [u]

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 92
    successsuccess Posts: 1,040member

I'm sticking with what I want. Something about a free country. If you have a problem with that you're free to click ignore.

• Reply 82 of 92
    idreyidrey Posts: 647member
    jack c wrote: »
    I have a IP6 16g and yesterday it started to reboot itself over and over. I had to take it to service (company phone). Service company gave today a new 6, but they had a catch. It was not aluminium body but plastic body. Very well made copy. I noticed it quite after I got home, but found it hard to believe. Then after few hours, the display started to come off. So that was the final proof of a made copy. I am so f...king mad at this company. Can't believe they do this. Well, on Monday they will have some embarrasing moments and hopefully I will get a REAL iPhone this time. But, the rebooting issue was clearly there.

I said it before in my case i linked the rebooting and weir behavior to apps that have not yet been optimized for iphone 6, 6+ i deleted those apps and my phone is fine
  • Reply 83 of 92
    solipsismysolipsismy Posts: 5,099member
    success wrote: »
    I'm sticking with what I want. Something about a free country. If you have a problem with that you're free to click ignore.

Oh, no one has stated you can't choose to be irrational and make unsubstantiated claims without proof, but I will choose to point it out when I read it and hope others will point out when I also make absurd leaps that defy logic.
  • Reply 84 of 92
    Originally Posted by success View Post

I'm sticking with what I want. Something about a free country.

I want a harem of 12 year olds. A free country won’t help me with that.

*If anyone actually thinks I want a harem of 12 year olds, I refer you here.

There may be an issue with display sealant on your device. YOUR device. Not in general.

• Reply 85 of 92

Wow you just brought me back to middle school. ????
  • Reply 86 of 92
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

I want a harem of 12 year olds. A free country won’t help me with that.

*If anyone actually thinks I want a harem of 12 year olds, I refer you here.

There may be an issue with display sealant on your device. YOUR device. Not in general.

Huh? ewww

• Reply 87 of 92
    Quote:

Originally Posted by idrey View Post

Wow you just brought me back to middle school. ????

2 years can seem like an eternity hey.

• Reply 88 of 92

But no, I don’t agree with you.

• Reply 89 of 92

Oh you are in high school now. Good good
  • Reply 90 of 92
    Quote:

Yes it has. I only buy Apple btw. Pretty much an Apple 'fanboi' and have always defended Apple except for the Maps debacle. Quality has turned to shit. I'm not talking about design build etc but factory production issues. 

I actually saw a YT video about the display issue it when I was searching for "iPhone 6 vs 6 plus" reviews and thought nothing of it. I bought my first iP6 a while after seeing the video. When I was putting on the screen protector film and pushing down on the display I noticed the clicking and immediately thought of the video. (My clicking wasn't nearly as loud but noticeable nonetheless). I then went to the Apple store in Ometesando and spoke to the manager and he actually went around the whole store to check his own stock (on the floor only of course) and found that a good portion of his phones did the same thing.  He was actually a bit flippant at first when I told him the issue was on YT. I could tell he was thinking "oh yeah, another YT complaint against Apple". When he came back to speak to me I could tell that he was a bit surprised.  He then told me that since I wanted to exchange it that he thought it would be best if I checked the new phone while I was in the store so that I wouldn't have to come back again lol I think he realized that that wouldn't be the last time someone would be coming in to exchange a phone because of a display problem. 

So I guess if the Apple store manager in the largest store in Japan witnessed what I was talking about and confirmed the issue on some of his phones it is pretty cut and dry.

The red screen of death is prevalent and occurs on 128GB models. Obviously related to the issue in this thread.

I had the blue/grey screen of death on my 5S 16GB back in April this year, so used it for 6 months. I took it to the store and because it was still under warranty I got a new one. I had all the iPhones except the very first one and never had one fail on me like the 5S that died while using safari. So I trust that is possible you had your 6 die on you. It's sad yours died brand new. There's probably something about quality control lately.
  • Reply 91 of 92
    Hi there, i am facing the same problem, reported to apple already, replace my phone already but stil have same problem again in the new devices. i was using my mobile on the street walking and reading message, suddenly i got call and all the phone goes blue on screen and than black, and apple logos come, whole the device got reset... during this two weeks already facing the same problem, in the apple support they ask me reset, and restore, it has been done already but the problems still come out. iphone6 plus 128Gb, HongKong version, Gold.
  • Reply 92 of 92
    jalystjalyst Posts: 3member
    Trying to subscribe to this thread but there seems to be no clear way to do so -hence trying this post as a solution! (didn't want to necropost :/ )
    edited July 2018