Best Buy's Black Friday sales include $100 discount for iPad Air 2, up to $200 off Macs

Posted:
in General Discussion edited November 2014
Best Buy on Tuesday published the "doorbuster" deals it will offer for Black Friday 2014, with significant discounts on a range of Apple products including Macs, iPads, iPods, iTunes gift cards, and Beats headphones.

Highlighting this year's deals is a $100 discount on all iPad Air 2 models. That means users can buy a 16-gigabyte iPad Air 2 for $399.99, a 64-gigabyte version for $499.99, or the high-end 128-gigabyte model for $599.99.

LTE-capable models will also be discounted, available for $529.99 for the 16-gigabyte version, $629.99 for 64 gigabytes, and $729.99 for 128 gigabytes.

The iPad mini 3 with Touch ID will also see a $75 discount on all models, knocking the 16-gigabyte model down to $324.99, the 64-gigabyte version to $424.99, and the 128-gigabyte variant to $524.99.

Best Buy will also be knocking $200 off Apple's entry-level 21.5-inch iMac, featuring an Intel Core i5 processor, 8 gigabytes of RAM, and a 500 gigabyte hard drive. Usually priced at $1,099.99, the all-in-one desktop will be available for $899.99 from Nov. 27 through 29.

Though they are technically Black Friday deals, the sales will begin a day earlier, on the Thanksgiving holiday. Deals will be available online all day both Thursday and Friday.

Brick-and-mortar doors will open Thursday, Nov. 27 at 5 p.m., with tickets handed out two hours before store opening. Stores will remain open until 1 a.m., and then will reopen Friday, Nov. 28 at 8 a.m.

For iTunes users, Best Buy will be selling $100 iTunes gift cards for $85. The Apple TV will also see a $10 discount to $89.99, and will come with a free $10 Best Buy gift card.

The Intel Core i5 13.3-inch Macbook Air with 4 gigabytes of RAM and 256 gigabytes of flash storage will be discounted on Black Friday by $150 to $1,049.99. It's already on sale at the moment for $1,099.99.

And the 27-inch non-Retina iMac with 8 gigabytes of RAM and a 1-terabyte hard drive will be discounted by $150 to $1,649.99. It's currently discounted $50 to $1,749.99.

Other deals include $200 off Apple's legacy non-retina 13-inch MacBook Pro, which will be available for $899.99. Regularly priced at $1,099.99, it's currently on sale with a $100 discount ahead of Black Friday.

Best Buy will also be offering $90 off Apple's Beats Solo HD On-Ear Headphones. Available in a wide range of colors, the $169.99 headphones can be bought for $79.99 between Nov. 27 and 29.

The 16-gigabyte iPhone 6 will also be sold for half-price, costing $99.99 with a new two-year service contract and the use of a trade-in gift card. The 16-gigabyte iPhone 5s will also be available on Black Friday for $1.

The current-generation 16-gigabyte iPod touch will also see a $50 discount to $149.99 in a range of colors.

Some discounts advertised in the Black Friday ad are already active. For example, shoppers looking for a MacBook Pro with Retina display can currently save $150 on the 13.3-inch model featuring 8 gigabytes of RAM and a 256-gigabyte solid-state drive.

Non-Apple deals include a 55-inch Samsung Ultra-High Definition 4K television for just $899.99, discounted from $1,399.99. For those looking for the cheapest possible option, the retailer will also offer a 50-inch Panasonic 1080p HDTV for $199.99 in-store only, less than half of its current $499.99 price.

Best Buy will also knock $50 off the price of the GoPro Hero3+ Silver Edition, and add in a free 16-gigabyte SD card and LCD Touch BacPac valued at $94.98.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 21
    I wish it was the Solo2's at that price, I might snag a pair.
  • Reply 2 of 21
    fallenjtfallenjt Posts: 4,053member

availability: 3 for each category.

• Reply 3 of 21
    That's a great deal on the iPad Air 2!
  • Reply 4 of 21
    pazuzupazuzu Posts: 1,728member
    Cool- much better than Apple's miserly "discount" of gift cards for future purchases.
  • Reply 5 of 21
    pazuzu wrote: »
    Cool- much better than Apple's miserly "discount" of gift cards for future purchases.

I know, I hate when companies that don't have to offer anything go ahead and do so. :rolleyes:
  • Reply 6 of 21
    I know, I hate when companies that don't have to offer anything go ahead and do so. :rolleyes:

Right? Because by definition it's not really a discount at all?
  • Reply 7 of 21
    Right? Because by definition it's not really a discount at all?

Sarcasm detector not working?
  • Reply 8 of 21
    Sarcasm detector not working?

Bazinga!
  • Reply 9 of 21
    Just pass these deals up folks. Recall that Best Buy is part of MCX and won't accept ApplePay. Show them that you are not interested in their offering since you can't tap to pay. I've almost forgotten they exist already. /s
  • Reply 10 of 21
    Just pass these deals up folks. Recall that Best Buy is part of MCX and won't accept ApplePay. Show them that you are not interested in their offering since you can't tap to pay. I've almost forgotten they exist already. /s

My wallet speaks on behalf of my interests not my phone's ability to make purchases or not.
  • Reply 11 of 21
    Quote:

Originally Posted by pazuzu View Post

My wallet speaks on behalf of my interests not my phone's ability to make purchases or not.

Greed always wins out over values and principles. 

• Reply 12 of 21
    Quote:

Originally Posted by kent909 View Post

Greed always wins out over values and principles. 

Bazinga!

• Reply 13 of 21
    linkmanlinkman Posts: 1,035member

"The 16-gigabyte iPhone 6 will also be sold for half-price, costing $99.99 with a new two-year service"

Prices like these need to stop being reported or advertised as such. What is next, car dealers with ads stating that you can get any new car for free*?

*with 5 year payment plan

• Reply 14 of 21
    Quote:

Originally Posted by pazuzu View Post

If you have iPad Air 2 in mind, note that only a few will be available - this is just a bait so they could make you visit the store and buy some obsolete crap they could not sell during the year.

• Reply 15 of 21
    idreyidrey Posts: 647member
    No thanks! No shopping for this guy! I rather have dinner the family! I also hate going into crowded stores
  • Reply 16 of 21
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jsmythe00 View Post

Ehh. I'm skipping shopping because these stores are encroaching on people's holiday. What employee wants to spend thanksgiving with their coworkers.

They'll see me ON black Friday. Not before

Even on Black Friday, I'll shop online. I prefer not to be trampled to death like seems to happen every year at Walmart or some other store now. Online shopping is much safer.

• Reply 17 of 21
    tyler82tyler82 Posts: 1,100member
    Wow, thanks AI! Will definitely be getting a 64gb iPad Air. I currently have the iPad 3, will be a much loved upgrade.
    My question is, if you can get these deals online, why would anyone show up at Best Buy at 5pm on Thanksgiving?
    My next question is, gold or space gray? (I currently have the 5s space grey).
  • Reply 18 of 21
    icoco3icoco3 Posts: 1,474member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by linkman View Post

"The 16-gigabyte iPhone 6 will also be sold for half-price, costing $99.99 with a new two-year service"

Prices like these need to stop being reported or advertised as such. What is next, car dealers with ads stating that you can get any new car for free*?

*with 5 year payment plan

Yeah, upgrading my wife's phone would add around $30-$35/month to my phone bill to pay for the subsidy part that we don't pay now.

• Reply 19 of 21

woww, thats an amazing news , i am looking to buy Apple laptop mac pro3 with such amazing discounts.

• Reply 20 of 21
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,718member

Yep keep that phone under control! ;)