Roundup: The best third-party keyboards for iOS 8

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 38
    haarhaar Posts: 563member
    I fear that that's a regret that you will have to live with for the rest of your life.

such a cross to bear!... how will i ever get though it!... with a "swype" of finger, 99 cents wasted!... /sarcasm.
  • Reply 22 of 38
    I like Fleksy.
    Fleksy Keyboard - Custom Colors, Faster Typing by Fleksy, Inc.
    https://appsto.re/us/ED7aF.i
  • Reply 23 of 38
    cpsrocpsro Posts: 3,198member

How many of these keyboard extensions do anything useful without giving them Full Access to everything stored on your device?

• Reply 24 of 38
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,728member
    cpsro wrote: »
    How many of these keyboard extensions do anything useful without giving them Full Access to everything stored on your device?

That would be one clever keystroke capture device!
  • Reply 25 of 38
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,728member
    duplicate
  • Reply 26 of 38

Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

So where is John Dvorak's version of his uncle's keyboard? image

I'll take whatever Dvorak keyboard for iOS I can get at this point - it could be by John, August or even Antonin for all I care!

• Reply 27 of 38
    These seem nice, now 1. Don't understand why IOS 8 doesn't natively support split keyboard/one hand keyboard. 2.none of these where shown in portrait.
  • Reply 28 of 38

How do i delete an extension i don't like? Do i have to delete the whole app? 

• Reply 29 of 38
    Have you guys tried Adaptxt? Yay or nay?
  • Reply 30 of 38

It's hard enough to have a workable level of trust with Apple and I am supposed to trust one of these developers? The big guys can't keep from being hacked and I would imagine these smaller operations are even less secure. So far, Apple's new keyboard is meeting my expectations well enough that I am unwilling to trust these guys with my data.

• Reply 31 of 38
    Are you guys planning to review all of the major third party keyboards?
  • Reply 32 of 38
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TheWhiteFalcon View Post

There's even less of a reason to jailbreak these days than ever before, IMO. I jailbroke my iPod Touch back in the day before the App Store even existed, so it was pretty cool then, and that iPod Touch (1st gen) is still jailbroken because the home button started failing, so I got SBSettings on it before it died, for a software home button...but I just haven't had a reason to jailbreak anything since. Now that iOS 8 is pretty darn open and flexible...

Obviously, piracy will still be a draw for most.

Anecdotally, I hate when idiots (this isn't directed at anyone in particular) tell people they need to jailbreak/root their phones/tablets. 99% of people have no need, nor any business doing that. It's usually the wannabe techies that insist it's necessary. Thankfully most of those people choose Android.

I don't tell anyone to jailbreak, and obviously you don't have much of an idea of the benefits of jailbreaking. Don't worry it's not for you.
  • Reply 33 of 38
    I just downloaded the TypeNine App for .99¢ bringing back memories with T9. I always wondered why Apple didn't offer this as a built in option for English. In Koran there's a full keyboard and one that looks like T9 so why not offer it for English? I like T9 probably one of the few ones out there left.

Do these third party keyboards only get what you type when you use that keyboard or even when you use the built in one?
  • Reply 34 of 38
    cyniccynic Posts: 124member

One item definitely missing from that list is ProType.

Discovered it a couple of days ago. Basically gives you a full Mac keyboard layout with some cool features. Really great, made it my default.

Only works on iPad, though.

• Reply 35 of 38

3D Keys, keyboard has custom made 3d greetings and does not require internet to download gifs

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id927568052?mt=8

• Reply 36 of 38

I've just saw this one called thingthing, I think they are just starting but looks promising  www.thingthing.co

• Reply 37 of 38
    22taps22taps Posts: 2member
    Try OptionBoard :-) Set your own upper index and lower index and use OptionKey
    Coming soon in App Store

See preview:

• Reply 38 of 38
    Agar53Agar53 Posts: 1member
    AIR Social Keyboard should be mentioned here. It connects with your social networks and address book giving you one tap access to all your contacts and previously posted content on Facebook, Twitter, etc. It also has a cool image editor built right in that allows you to add text to any photo in your camera roll - any then, crop, edit, etc. Pretty cool.

edited May 2016