• Reply 21 of 78
    of course they did, what were the odds.
  • Reply 22 of 78
    snovasnova Posts: 1,281member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

Quote:
    Originally Posted by snova View Post

I had similar issue. I figured out in the end it was related to my Time Capsule - 802.11ac.  The fix was to give the 5Ghz network a separate SSID instead of having both 2.4GHz and 5Ghz advertise the same SSID name.

I have a AirPort extreme.  thanks alot.

so i need both my iPad/iPhone on the same GHz band?  Which is better to use the 2.5 or 5?  Will this hurt wifi speeds?

no.. they can be on either as long as they are bridged.   

i.e. you can have them on both the same frequency or one using 2.4Ghz and the other on 5Ghz.   They will see each other no problem. The issue for me was only with the SSID name being the same logical name for both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz. They got confused somehow. 

Also, I needed to sign off FaceTime and back on one time on all my devices to be able to receive/send calls from my iPhone. 

• Reply 23 of 78
    Quote:

Originally Posted by MJ Web View Post

Ugh! How do you say schweinhund in Korean?

"pigdog"?

• Reply 24 of 78

SERIOUSLY ! if all these firms didn't have Apple to copy from, could you just imagine the state of computing today ? - We would still be using the command line interface for everything ! - or worse, the abacus.

I highly doubt that the "flow" feature on samsung phones will be used for much.

• Reply 25 of 78
    Originally Posted by MJ Web View Post

Ugh! How do you say schweinhund in Korean?

Somebody needs to annex the Sudetenland, if you catch my meaning.

• Reply 26 of 78
    knowitallknowitall Posts: 1,648member

"Samsung did not reveal a release date for Flow, but is currently holding sessions on the feature for developers during the conference."

It took them this long to make the video.

It will take a bit longer to implement it.

• Reply 27 of 78
    Samsung Flow, sponsored by Tampax.
  • Reply 28 of 78
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by knowitall View Post

"Samsung did not reveal a release date for Flow, but is currently holding sessions on the feature for developers during the conference."

It took them this long to make the video.

It will take a bit longer to implement it.

Now that Samsung's Android marketshare has dropped rapidly over the past year, does it even still make sense for an Android developer to lock themselves into an Samsung specific ecosystem?  Seems like a shrinking value proposition now that the Android ecosystem is no longer mostly Samsung. 

• Reply 29 of 78
    tzeshantzeshan Posts: 2,351member

That means the copy is still in gross. 

• Reply 30 of 78
    Quote:

Originally Posted by GTR View Post

They also unveiled their new logo...

No, that would be a trademark, which Apple does own.

• Reply 31 of 78
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    Oh Sammy. Next "original "features: SamPay, sOS, SammyID, ...
  • Reply 32 of 78
    sog35 wrote: »
    Next up SAMPay

SPay...as in spay your dogs and cats.
  • Reply 33 of 78
    Samsung Flow, sponsored by Tampax.

You realize iPads will stop the Flow.
  • Reply 34 of 78
    dachardachar Posts: 330member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by sflocal View Post

The huge flaw in this is that Samsung seems to believe that they are on-par with Apple's ecosystem compatibility.

Samsung can't even get their own devices to work together seamlessly.  At the very least, it's laughable that Samsung believes they have a consumer-culture that worships any sort of all-Samsung environment.

Samsung sells garbage.  Their software sucks.  Their quality is horrible.  They don't support any devices once they are sold.

Is Samsung really that dense?

I agree that Samsung's is poor in supporting the customer long term.  Years ago when I was using a version of Windows I purchased a Samsung laser printer. Microsoft replaced Windows with a new version. My Samsung laser no longer worked properly. Samsung never updated the printer driver to solve the problem and I never purchased another Samsung product. 

• Reply 35 of 78

Echoes of "squirting" with the Microsoft Zune...

• Reply 36 of 78
    paul94544paul94544 Posts: 1,027member

But  But they didn't say they were gay too... Slipping

• Reply 37 of 78
    Quote:

Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

This is what Samdung is:

? ??

WOW, a week ago when he jumped the gun and told me to go to another (Android centric) website because I made a comment about some of the sillier DED articles, I told him I've been an AI member for 5 years longer than him and I'd be here way after he loses interest. I also told him to calm it down after all of the nasty GT Advanced comments he was making.

Funny he got banned a week later.

• Reply 38 of 78
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    http://www.dezeen.com/2014/11/13/design-education-tragic-says-jonathan-ive-apple/

[QUOTE]Ive also hit out again at companies that copy Apple's designs, which he said take up to eight years of design development work to produce.

"We may seem a little testy when things we have been working on for eight years are copied in six months – but it wasn't inevitable that it was going to work."

"It's not copying, it's theft. They stole our time, time we could have had with our families. I actually feel quite strongly about it. It's funny – I was talking to somebody and they said do you think when somebody copies what you do it's flattering? No."[/QUOTE]
  • Reply 39 of 78
    dachar wrote: »

I agree that Samsung's is poor in supporting the customer long term.  Years ago when I was using a version of Windows I purchased a Samsung laser printer. Microsoft replaced Windows with a new version. My Samsung laser no longer worked properly. Samsung never updated the printer driver to solve the problem and I never purchased another Samsung product. 

Been there. Samsung's solution was: buy our new printer model, which is just different enough that it is software incompatible. To which I said: no way. HP used to have printers that was supported for a decade afterwards. Sammy just wants to sell you another disposable printer.
  • Reply 40 of 78
    fallenjtfallenjt Posts: 4,054member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by bdkennedy1 View Post

I'm sure it will all work flawlessly.

On Note 4 and S5 only...lol.