Samsung responds to Apple's Continuity with its own cross-device 'Flow' feature

Comments

• Reply 41 of 78
    fallenjtfallenjt Posts: 4,053member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sflocal View Post

The huge flaw in this is that Samsung seems to believe that they are on-par with Apple's ecosystem compatibility.

Samsung can't even get their own devices to work together seamlessly.  At the very least, it's laughable that Samsung believes they have a consumer-culture that worships any sort of all-Samsung environment.

Samsung sells garbage.  Their software sucks.  Their quality is horrible.  They don't support any devices once they are sold.

Is Samsung really that dense?

What OS Samsung have? Nothing beside pathetic Tizen...How does it called FLOW when they don't even have desktop OS? FLOW with Windows? I doubt it. The desktop OS appeared to be Android/Chrome OS.

• Reply 42 of 78
    Quote:

Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

I have a AirPort extreme.  thanks alot.

so i need both my iPad/iPhone on the same GHz band?  Which is better to use the 2.5 or 5?  Will this hurt wifi speeds?

5GHz of course. 90% of routers around your area are probably at 2.4GHz. I just disable 2.4GHz and only use 5GHz since all of my devices can recognize it.

• Reply 43 of 78
    She needed an iPad?

Flow?

Really.

Once upon a time I heard a woman tell another woman that she was having a "heavy flow" day and was going to ask for the day off from work.

... and that's the first thing I thought about when I saw this.

(sorry, guys and gals...)
  • Reply 44 of 78
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Dickprinter View Post

WOW, a week ago when he jumped the gun and told me to go to another (Android centric) website because I made a comment about some of the sillier DED articles, I told him I've been an AI member for 5 years longer than him and I'd be here way after he loses interest. I also told him to calm it down after all of the nasty GT Advanced comments he was making.

Funny he got banned a week later.

I believe you referred to Sog35. He got banned often, but believe me, this forum needs someone like him or it'll be so boring...lol.

• Reply 45 of 78
    And since I am not the one who started with jokes, I'll say:

"It is no [B]Mistry[/B] that Apple is Samsung's research arm."
  • Reply 46 of 78
    Is anyone surprise. Samsung's in house mantra is 'copy' and 'paste'. Haven't seen any of their next big thing ads lately. I even refuse to buy their TVs. LG, Sony or Panny for me.
  • Reply 47 of 78

The Verge & Samsung?!!

I always knew these 2 are in same bed! :smokey: 

?For the record, what a lousy, long and boooooooooring video!!

• Reply 48 of 78
    Quote:

Originally Posted by saarek View Post

I wish them luck, I really do. I'm hoping that Apple brings the ability to move a mobile phone based call back from the Mac to the iPhone so that you can switch between the two devices mid conversation.

I've already done this. It works.

• Reply 49 of 78
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

Flow?

Really.

EDIT: NSFW.

• Reply 50 of 78
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member
    saarek wrote: »
    I wish them luck, I really do. I'm hoping that Apple brings the ability to move a mobile phone based call back from the Mac to the iPhone so that you can switch between the two devices mid conversation.

I do that all of the top me using Viber between my Nokia 1020 phone and Nokia 2520 tablet, works great. Unfortunately it a Windows 8 only feature right now but I'm sure iOS is in the pipeline.
  • Reply 51 of 78

Where's the Windows Phone feature of this? Did i miss the announcement?

• Reply 52 of 78
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member
    Where's the Windows Phone feature of this? Did i miss the announcement?

http://www.viber.com/products/windows8
  • Reply 53 of 78

Samsung R & D: Rip-off & Disguise...

..they still need help in the disguise department.

• Reply 54 of 78
    A
    inkling wrote: »
    Is Samsung's version going to work with their older tablets that have the proper hardware. I'm ticked off at Apple that my iPad 3 meets the hardware specs but doesn't have Continuity. I specifically got it for Bluetooth 4.0.

Apple's planned obsolescence. Clearly and obviously.
  • Reply 55 of 78
    rogifan wrote: »
    Who cares if they copy? Samsung is going to have a sucky version that they pull out of their rear ends putting in one tenth of the Apple effort.
  • Reply 56 of 78
    Vice President of Research? Shouldn't that be Vice President of Duplication?
  • Reply 57 of 78
    mcdavemcdave Posts: 1,927member
    sflocal wrote: »
    The huge flaw in this is that Samsung seems to believe that they are on-par with Apple's ecosystem compatibility.

Samsung can't even get their own devices to work together seamlessly.  At the very least, it's laughable that Samsung believes they have a consumer-culture that worships any sort of all-Samsung environment.

Samsung sells garbage.  Their software sucks.  Their quality is horrible.  They don't support any devices once they are sold.

Is Samsung really that dense?

You're missing the point; people don't buy Samsung because it's Samsung, they buy because it's not-Apple. As hard as it tries to be.
  • Reply 58 of 78
    PhoneAmego and AirDroid... Windows let's you answer a call on a PC since Vista - non of this is new.
  • Reply 59 of 78
    saarek wrote: »

And playing a game.

When I'm shooting the baddies, I want to be able to pause my game on the iPad, Matrix-style, with the bullet in mid-air, whilst I migrate to my iMac and continue where I left off.
  • Reply 60 of 78
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Inkling View Post

Is Samsung's version going to work with their older tablets that have the proper hardware. I'm ticked off at Apple that my iPad 3 meets the hardware specs but doesn't have Continuity. I specifically got it for Bluetooth 4.0.

How many more times are you going to post this?  Let it go already.