iPhone 6 outselling iPhone 6 Plus by 3-to-1 margin in US - report

Comments

• Reply 141 of 201
    clemynxclemynx Posts: 1,552member
    fallenjt wrote: »
    I own 2 iPads and both 6 and 6+. I love them all. What is your point? BTW, phone calls only take 10% usage nowadays and for me it's 5% or less. I have my headset on to listen to music and take call at the same time...
    BTW, please make some sense because the phone is more expensive than a damn tablet.
    and last but not least, you're horrible troll.

Sorry, that wasn't trolling, that's my opinion. The protruding camera is terrible. The 5.5 inch phone that's bigger than some other 6 inch phones is bad too.

I repeat my point : you look like an idiot when using that as a phone. But hey, apparently you constantly carry around a headset, that seems so practical...not!

I make sense, it's just that you don't want to understand. You are the guy that uses two iPhones at the same time, does THAT make sense??
  • Reply 142 of 201
    flaneurflaneur Posts: 4,526member

Africa is much poorer than Asia. Asia is, nonetheless, much poorer than Europe and North America; hence, the mistaken desire to combine a tablet with a phone in an attempt to save money.

I have to marvel at how you were able to come up with such a sophisticated point of view at such a young age.
  • Reply 143 of 201
    [quote name="ClemyNX" url="/t/183424/iphone-6-outselling-iphone-6-plus-by-3-to-1-margin-in-us-report/120#post_2639629"]The protruding camera is terrible. [/QUOTE]

I'm not a fan of that aestheti but I can't say it's an issue in practice.

[QUOTE]The 5.5 inch phone that's bigger than some other 6 inch phones is bad too.[/QUOTE]

Which 6" smartphones are smaller than the iPhone 6 Plus?

[QUOTE]I repeat my point : you look like an idiot when using that as a phone. But hey, apparently you constantly carry around a headset, that seems so practical…not![/QUOTE]

Why not? I've been carrying headphones with me pretty much everywhere since I got my first iPod and the headset is the best way to make a call whilst not in the car since you can either have two hands free or use the iPhone for other tasks whilst on a call. If I'm in the car I then use the hands-free connection. None of those solution seem any less practical or idiotic on any device with the iPhone moniker.
  • Reply 144 of 201
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    clemynx wrote: »
    That's way too technical for me :)

More like too hood for you :lol:
  • Reply 145 of 201
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    solipsismy wrote: »
    Which 6" smartphones are bigger than the iPhone 6 Plus?

I think you meant to ask 'which 6" smartphones are smaller than the iPhone 6 Plus'?
  • Reply 146 of 201
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

Females have an advantage, because most of them usually carry around some sort of purse or handbag that is already filled with lots of junk and strange stuff inside.

Where is a male going to put a phablet? 

I can also see an iPhone Mini as being something that certain females would like, since it would be small and cute.

Scott evest has a whole array of men's and women's "Tech Enabled Clothing" with tailored pockets for just about everything, up to and including an iPad.

Check it out here: http://www.scottevest.com/v3_store/subindex_mens.shtml#pants
  • Reply 147 of 201
    enzosenzos Posts: 344member
    Depends what you use it for, eh? 3.5" is probably best for a 'phone', > 4" is a compromise to the non-phone uses. I'd go for a (say) 3.7" iPhone if Apple made one - a lightweight one (4S is too heavy).
  • Reply 148 of 201
    Originally Posted by enzos View Post

Depends what you use it for, eh? 3.5" is probably best for a 'phone', > 4" is a compromise to the non-phone uses. I'd go for a (say) 3.7" iPhone if Apple made one - a lightweight one (4S is too heavy).

After nearly two months with my iPhone 6, I picked up my iPhone (first ‘un) to check on something.

And I felt bad. Because it felt nubby in my hand. Fat and curvy and all stubby and stuff. Tells you how well they’ve designed their new, insanely thin products. But it’s still a great size for a phone.

• Reply 149 of 201
    After nearly two months with my iPhone 6, I picked up my iPhone (first ‘un) to check on something.

And I felt bad. Because it felt nubby in my hand. Fat and curvy and all stubby and stuff. Tells you how well they’ve designed their new, insanely thin products. But it’s still a great size for a phone.

I imagine now, many iPhone 6 series owners can more easily understand how users of larger Android-based smartphones may want to try or back to the iPhone except that the display size was too small.
  • Reply 150 of 201
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Xiamenbill View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

Females have an advantage, because most of them usually carry around some sort of purse or handbag that is already filled with lots of junk and strange stuff inside.

Where is a male going to put a phablet? 

I can also see an iPhone Mini as being something that certain females would like, since it would be small and cute.

Scott evest has a whole array of men's and women's "Tech Enabled Clothing" with tailored pockets for just about everything, up to and including an iPad.

Check it out here: http://www.scottevest.com/v3_store/subindex_mens.shtml#pants

That site actually had a few cool things. I like how their stuff has so many pockets. I might just order something from there. Thanks for link.

• Reply 151 of 201

You pretty much said what I wanted to say.  I had my doubts about getting such a large phone at first, but I got my preorder in on day one and received my phone in about two weeks.  It was a learning curve, but if someone tried to take my iPhone 6+ away from me now they would get quite the fight.  It just fits in my hand and my front pocket, but it has replaced my iPad for most purposes.  As a matter of fact I gave my iPad Air to my wife to use since she's stuck with a 5S.  I don't have huge hands, but the phone fits pretty well.  Purely anecdotal, but the other 3 people in my office who bought a new iPhone all got the 6+ and nobody is complaining.  It's not for everyone, but I am sure glad it was an option.

Making phone calls is sort of unwieldy.  Good thing I make about 4 calls a month. 

Now...for that 12" retina MacBook Air.  Still waiting.

• Reply 152 of 201
    Originally Posted by SolipsismY View Post

I imagine now, many iPhone 6 series owners can more easily understand how users of larger Android-based smartphones may want to try or back to the iPhone except that the display size was too small.

Hmm. I still don’t find even a 3.5” too small; it’s just the shape that feels... primitive. Like coming back to my Early 2008 MacBook Pro after a trip to the Apple Store to fondle the 2nd generation unibody.

Oh, speaking of which...

Attention to detail.

• Reply 153 of 201
    bsenkabsenka Posts: 799member
    The sales breakdown has no relationship to demand that can be measured. The 6 plus is much harder to get. We have no idea how many people came in for a 6 plus, couldn't get one, so they bought a 6 instead.
  • Reply 154 of 201
    bsenkabsenka Posts: 799member
    apple ][ wrote: »
    I haven't actually held an iPhone 6+ in my hands yet, but I'm pretty sure that there's no way in hell that that thing would ever fit in any of my front pockets, and I'm not a midget either.

It easily fits in any and all of my pockets. No issues whatsoever.

If anything, I was surprised by the size in the opposite way: it's not nearly as big as I was expecting after the big deal some people made about it.
  • Reply 155 of 201
    Got the 6+ to see how I'd like it. Felt way too big in my hands. I'm always making mistakes typing as I'm used to a smaller keyboard. One-handed use is tough and I don't find the one-handed mode that useful. I was going to take it back and get a 6 but a co-worker said to stick it out until you get used to it.

So I kept it and after a week he was right. The things that initially bothered me don't anymore and overall I really like this phone.

Edited: Forgot about the battery life, which is great. My 5S would last from 6:00am Monday until about noon on Tuesday before needing a charge. My 6+ goes until Tuesday night. So I get 2 full days on a charge. Battery usage shows 9-10 hours of actual use. I never play with BT, WiFi or do any tricks to micro-manage my power consumption - I always leave everything on.
  • Reply 156 of 201
    rogifan wrote: »
    it's too hard to make any conclusions because we don't know what the supply was of each device. Some people who own the 6 plus initially thought it was too big but now would never go back to anything smaller. And there are others like John Gruber who would never own a 6 Plus and even think the 6 is too big.
    I was one of those who thought the 6+ was too big... Until I bought one, that is. Let me explain. I've been waiting since the release of the 6 to get a 6, not the plus. But I needed 64GB to import everything from my 32GB iPhone 5. All stock in any 64GB model 6 was all sold out... Until last week. But it was the 6+ that was now available in 64GB, not the 6. Desperate for a new I-device because my iPad Mini 2 was now unusable and void of its warranty, I decided just to compromise and get the 6+.

It fits in my pocket. I like it. I can't stop liking it more. I keep finding unannounced "hidden" new features. For starters, look at the keyboard in landscape mode.
  • Reply 157 of 201
    brlawyer wrote: »
    What a surprise: the iP6+ is a flop.
    People like this never cease to amaze me... Always anticipating the next Apple product to be a flop. For this, here's all I have to say:

The 3:1 ratio has nothing to do with it being a flop, but because of supply. I just now got my phone and waited since it was released. All variations of the plus were sold out for several weeks until just recently when I got mine.

According to the article, the 6 plus ranks as the second selling phone during the timeframe of the article. With that ranking and demand being stronger than its supply, it is by no way a "flop" but a strong success!
  • Reply 158 of 201
    pazuzu wrote: »
    It's simply too big for a pants pocket. .
    That's what I thought at first before I got mine. But it's not.
  • Reply 159 of 201
    peteralt wrote: »
    It fits in my pocket. I like it. I can't stop liking it more. I keep finding unannounced "hidden" new features. For starters, look at the keyboard in landscape mode.

I decided to do get the iPh6+ as a combination device (sold my Retina iPad mini), but mainly for the extra battery life. I did first go to an Apple Store to make sure it fit in my jeans front pocket whilst sitting down. Adequate room and possibly slides in and out more easily because the curvature compared to 4+ years of a thicker, squared-off design. That said, if I could do it again I think I'd go with the 4.7" model. No real reason for that just thinking that 4.7" would be sufficient.

I'm also not a fan that the iPh6+ has some iPad-like features that the iPh6 doesn't. One that I find particularly annoying is the Home Screen can be turned in all 4 directions but if you click on an app, even default apps, they be upside down, which is unlike iOS for iPad apps.
  • Reply 160 of 201
    iPhone 6 plus is in short supply, you can't purchase a phone that isn't available, can you? I spoke with an AT&T employee, one month after the release of the new iPhone, that particular store had only received 4 iPhone 6 plus units, customers opted for what they could get their hands on, the iPhone 6 has been in greater supply.