Apple earns 100% score on Human Rights Campaign's Corporate Equality Index for 13th year in a row

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 92
    volcanvolcan Posts: 1,799member

Human Rights? What is it?

From our resident conservatives it probably means outlawing abortion. Well, maybe not all abortion. You know all those minority babies born into poverty and  welfare...might not be such a bad idea to mandatorily abort them. But otherwise yeah, restrict women's rights. Someday soon I can see myself moving to Canada. They are more to my liking, socially, although the weather is not that nice.

Seriously, why are all these conservatives against peace, love and understanding? All they seem to want is kill, deny, oppress and segregate. Disgusting really.

• Reply 82 of 92
    Originally Posted by Volcan View Post

Human Rights? What is it?

From our resident conservatives it probably means outlawing abortion. Well, maybe not all abortion. You know all those minority babies born into poverty and  welfare...might not be such a bad idea to mandatorily abort them. But otherwise yeah, restrict women's rights. Someday soon I can see myself moving to Canada. They are more to my liking, socially, although the weather is not that nice.

Seriously, why are all these conservatives against peace, love and understanding? All they seem to want is kill, deny, oppress and segregate. Disgusting really.

Take your antipsychotic medications, please.

• Reply 83 of 92

Boredom is a "human issue" and one that arguably affects more humans than mere gender issues. Who will defend the rights of the bored? What about the able bodied and their discrimination from using handicapped parking spaces? Who speaks for them? And what about people who, by no fault of their own, were born with dry skin? What about their rights? Everyone has skin, right? Let's keep inventing "rights", why don't we?

"Mere gender issues"?

"Inventing 'rights'"?

Is this a cultural thing? It isn't bigotry so much as ignorance.

You're perceving some sort of rights one-upmanship. There isn't any, though.
  • Reply 84 of 92
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Quadra 610 View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Boredom is a "human issue" and one that arguably affects more humans than mere gender issues. Who will defend the rights of the bored? What about the able bodied and their discrimination from using handicapped parking spaces? Who speaks for them? And what about people who, by no fault of their own, were born with dry skin? What about their rights? Everyone has skin, right? Let's keep inventing "rights", why don't we?

"Mere gender issues"?

"Inventing 'rights'"?

Is this a cultural thing? It isn't bigotry so much as ignorance.

You're perceving some sort of rights one-upmanship. There isn't any, though.

Correct.

There is no such thing as human rights.

• Reply 85 of 92
    idreyidrey Posts: 647member

Human rights don't exist. Do you comprehend why? Are you actually reading anything I've posted?

Well "human rights" exist for those who have the power to make them exist in favor of themselves. The weak and powerless have no "human rights" so i agree with you. Is all politics and bs. If any one has a hard time believing this take a trip to Sudan o Uganda.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jan/12/joseph-kony-uganda-massacres-survivors-stories

If you have power you have rights!
  • Reply 86 of 92
    Another week and yet another Apple-LGBT story.
  • Reply 87 of 92
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Benjamin Frost View Post

I couldn't agree more.

And if those best workers happen to be all white and all male, then so be it.

They're not by a long shot so don't know what the hell your saying. That's coming from a company that had a worforce with 50% of Indian born engineers and 10-20% Chinese and Koreans, all brilliant but only had 3 women engineers, including me.

In general, there is a heavy bias in selecting who is "best" so even by that supposedly neutral criterion, there could a huge difference between the theoretical best and the selected "best". The good old boys network in engineering is still present as I can attest as a women with 25 years in high tech (including many years in the SFO region).

• Reply 88 of 92

Correct.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_rights

I'd say you're high, but you managed to crank out nine words without spelling errors.

Which in this case is even more troubling.
  • Reply 89 of 92
    tcaseytcasey Posts: 199member
    walmart got 90 so can't be a good judge of corp behaviour.
  • Reply 90 of 92
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member

You can take a degree in human rights, you can be a lawyer practising in human rights law, and you can sit on a human rights tribunal or in a human rights court.  Man, a lot of people will be very confused when they hear that human rights don't exist because a pair who frequent an Apple tech forum decided so.

• Reply 91 of 92
    splifsplif Posts: 603member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Benjamin Frost View Post

Correct.

Prove you exist.