iPhone 6, 6 Plus shipment times drop to 7 to 10 days, 6 Plus at 1 to 2 weeks

Posted:
in iPhone edited November 2014
Apple is slowly catching up with demand for its popular iPhone 6 two months after the handset launched, with the company's online storefront now showing shipping times pegged at 7 to 10 days for most models, including the 16GB iPhone 6 Plus.

A check with the Online Apple Store shows iPhone supply is slowly creeping up on a balance with demand, which quickly depleted initial stock when the smartphone duo hit store shelves in September.

Currently, both 64GB and 128GB iPhone 6 models, as well as the 16GB iPhone 6 Plus, are available to ship in 7 to 10 days in all colors and on all major U.S. cellular carriers. Additionally, the 16GB iPhone 6 variant is on a 5 to 7 day ship-by timeline, while some brick-and-mortar Apple Stores are showing in-store pickup availability for various iPhone 6 versions.

As for the iPhone 6 Plus, shipment times are slightly improved from previous 2 to 3 week estimates, but supply is still coming in at a trickle. The Online Apple Store is now listing 1 to 2 week ship-by dates for most iPhone 6 Plus variants operating on U.S. networks, while only a few 16GB versions are available for in-store pickup.

AppleInsider has confirmed that in-store availability as reflected on Apple's website is up to date, though customers may want to check back regularly as stock may fluctuate.

Apple announced the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus at an event on Sept. 9. Initial supply quickly ran dry as both models saw pre-order delivery dates slip just hours after going live. Recent market analysis found the 4.7-inch model to outsell the larger 5.5-inch "phablet" by a three-to-one margin in the U.S.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 41
    Uhh, the headline doesn't make sense.
  • Reply 2 of 41
    fallenjtfallenjt Posts: 4,054member
    6+ is available in Apple stores almost every where with any color/version except the 128GB version.
  • Reply 3 of 41
    Oh really just checked yesterday with the 3-4 weeks and 7-10 days that where in September, haven't checked stores yet.
  • Reply 4 of 41
    poochpooch Posts: 768member
    iPhone 6, 6 Plus shipment times drop to 7 to 10 days, 6 Plus at 1 to 2 weeks

"Personally, I would like nothing more than to thoroughly proof each and every word of my articles before posting. But I can't."

appleinsider's mike campbell, august 15, 2013

it's as true now as it was then.
  • Reply 5 of 41

Isn't 7-10 business days the same thing as 1-2 weeks (ok, that's 5-10, but effectively)?

• Reply 6 of 41
    pooch wrote: »
    "Personally, I would like nothing more than to thoroughly proof each and every word of my articles before posting. But I can't."

appleinsider's mike campbell, august 15, 2013

it's as true now as it was then.

He prefers to be called Mikey, thank you very much. :)
  • Reply 7 of 41
    dunksdunks Posts: 1,254member

I don't understand why anyone would spend almost a grand on a 16 GB iPhone. 128 GB all the way.

• Reply 8 of 41

Cue Gene Munster to drop his target price tomorrow.

• Reply 9 of 41
    Cue Gene Munster to drop his target price tomorrow.

Gene Munster will release a note predicting an Apple Televison in Q2 2015.
  • Reply 10 of 41
    mcdavemcdave Posts: 1,927member
    Waited long enough for my 6. Still seems a bit big.

I think Apple's move out of the one-handed phone market is a bad decision. One they'll regret soon.

Apple the Appeaser might not work out.
  • Reply 11 of 41
    Just checked local stock; store down the street has all models, all colors, all capacities. Same as it's been for the last two releases by this time of the launch. I'm guessing the only people who are willing to wait 10 days are those who don't have an Apple Store nearby.
  • Reply 12 of 41
    mcdave wrote: »

I think Apple's move out of the one-handed phone market is a bad decision. One they'll regret soon.

So sell it or return it, and go get a 5S? Love my 6 for the very reason the screen is larger, like most people who have purchased one, so personally I'm thankful Apple is "appeasing" customers like me.
  • Reply 13 of 41

Mine is expected end of this month. 128GB 6 Plus. I hope it comes. My 5c is only a couple of months old but I'm getting pangs for the new one!

• Reply 14 of 41
    fallenjtfallenjt Posts: 4,054member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by McDave View Post

iPhone 6 is perfect for one hand use. Everyone loves it. It's the best decision that Apple ever made. The sale number tells all.

• Reply 15 of 41
    mcdavemcdave Posts: 1,927member
    fallenjt wrote: »

iPhone 6 is perfect for one hand use. Everyone loves it. It's the best decision that Apple ever made. The sale number tells all.

As the annual average market share slips away.
  • Reply 16 of 41
    Rey just became available on 11/14 here in Uruguay, which means the probably released it on some other South American countries last week.
    The 2 main telcos here are offering them but you have to make a reservation and they say it will probably be two weeks before they are delivered.
    The prices are amazing, the 16 gb iPhone six is $700 on a one year contract for $60/ month (approx).
    So far they are not offering the 64gb option.
    I guess that the 64gb iPhone six must be so popular they just can't send us any!
  • Reply 17 of 41

It's NOT too big. It's Mama Bear Size and my wife loves it.

The Plus is Papa Bear Size and I love mine. It's big enough that I don't use my iPad Mini much, now. And it's still small enough to fit easily in my front jeans pocket. The home button double-tap, one-handed, works fine for bringing the top of the page down.

Apple doesn't "appease". They skate to where the puck WILL be.
  • Reply 18 of 41
    As the annual average market share slips away.

For cryin' out loud, QUIT with the market share crap!
  • Reply 19 of 41
    Quote:

Originally Posted by McDave View Post

The 6 is fine. It's the upper limit of one handed use. You have to change the way you hold it just slightly and it's not a real issue.

The only thing that suffers are screenshots, those aren't easy with the new setup.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cash907 View Post

So sell it or return it, and go get a 5S? Love my 6 for the very reason the screen is larger, like most people who have purchased one, so personally I'm thankful Apple is "appeasing" customers like me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fallenjt View Post

4.7" is about as big as they can make it while retaining one-handed capability.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drunkzombie View Post

Rey just became available on 11/14 here in Uruguay, which means the probably released it on some other South American countries last week.

The 2 main telcos here are offering them but you have to make a reservation and they say it will probably be two weeks before they are delivered.

The prices are amazing, the 16 gb iPhone six is $700 on a one year contract for $60/ month (approx).

So far they are not offering the 64gb option.

I guess that the 64gb iPhone six must be so popular they just can't send us any!

The 64GB 6 in Space Gray has been the one that's out of stock the most here in the US, the other colors haven't been quite as bad but still in demand.

• Reply 20 of 41
    Shipment times decreasing, could be increased and streamlined production.

But I suppose this [I]could[/I] be construed as sales decreasing !
    Quick trolls ! Now is your chance to remind us of why a larger IPhone will never sell !