iPhone 6, 6 Plus shipment times drop to 7 to 10 days, 6 Plus at 1 to 2 weeks

Comments

• Reply 21 of 41
    dugbugdugbug Posts: 283member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by McDave View Post

As the annual average market share slips away.

oh jesus not this silliness again

• Reply 22 of 41

Just got my 6+ 64GB yesterday, having placed an order with my carrier on Sept 23.

• Reply 23 of 41

About a month ago, I tried to order an iPhone 6 from the Applestore. I received an email from Apple saying they did not have any, but they "reserved" one for me, and would let me know when it was available.  Never heard back from them, ever.

A few days later I went to the local Target store, and they had about two dozen of them in all colors and configurations, plus an easy trade in set up for my old phone.

It's a mystery to me.

• Reply 24 of 41
    foggyhillfoggyhill Posts: 4,767member
    Quote:

I guess Apple should really be going for the under $100 phone market... Losing money on every phone.

They're sure passing on a good thing there.

• Reply 25 of 41
    calicali Posts: 3,494member
    dev tty01 wrote: »
    Uhh, the headline doesn't make sense.

It makes sense, it's just worded bad.
  • Reply 26 of 41
    badly.
  • Reply 27 of 41
    Quote:

Originally Posted by cali View Post

... it's just worded poorly.

If you wish to call him out on his use of the language.

• Reply 28 of 41
    Quote:

What is the point in pursuing the marketshare of a demographic that has no money?

Apple never really regained the desktop marketshare after losing to the PC, but Apple continues to make margins on desktops that is enviably better than industry average. No one wins the race to the bottom, I'm glad Apple conceded that race to everyone else to fight over crumbs.

• Reply 29 of 41
    Quote:

Waited long enough for my 6. Still seems a bit big.

I think Apple's move out of the one-handed phone market is a bad decision. One they'll regret soon.

I got my 6 on the first day, and I'm mostly used to it now, but I admit that I did see somebody using a 5s on the subway yesterday and felt a little envy, due to the size. I've gotten used to what for me is a more awkward experience.

I doubt Apple will regret the decision soon, since they seem to be selling like crazy, but I do hope they offer a smaller top-tier device in the future. I might have traded my 6 in for a 5s if they still offered it with 64gb, but of course the 6 does have some advantages too, which I'm sure anyone who is reading these comments knows. I'm hoping in time to feel more comfortable with it, so I can just enjoy what's great about it.

I also think that a few of my biggest issues with the device are related to software. I think they could have done a better job of optimizing it for the larger devices. For example, you should never be required to touch the upper left corner of the screen, because it's almost impossible for a right-handed person to reach without using their left hand. And really, you should almost never be required to touch the top third of the screen in general, because it's seriously awkward, even for somebody with fairly large hands, such as myself. Also, the keyboard in landscape mode has some extra keys and a slightly different format that makes things difficult for somebody used to switching keyboards frequently. I guess I may be able to download other keyboards that will solve this.

Of course, I hold Apple to a high standard because they have such an incredibly good history of getting this stuff right.

• Reply 30 of 41
    mcdavemcdave Posts: 1,927member
    danielsw wrote: »
    For cryin' out loud, QUIT with the market share crap!

dugbug wrote: »
    oh jesus not this silliness again

foggyhill wrote: »
    I guess Apple should really be going for the under $100 phone market... Losing money on every phone.

pbrstreetg wrote: »

What is the point in pursuing the marketshare of a demographic that has no money?

Apple never really regained the desktop marketshare after losing to the PC, but Apple continues to make margins on desktops that is enviably better than industry average. No one wins the race to the bottom, I'm glad Apple conceded that race to everyone else to fight over crumbs.

I'm familiar with, and agree with many of these points. We all know that the only reason iPhone market share is slipping is because most droids are 3rd world cheapies and Samsung are giving away Galaxies. My comment was simply a response to a sales figure comment.
  • Reply 31 of 41
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    He prefers to be called Mikey, thank you very much. :)

And he hates everything except Life cereal. :lol:
  • Reply 32 of 41
    mcdavemcdave Posts: 1,927member
    danielsw wrote: »
    It's NOT too big. It's Mama Bear Size and my wife loves it.

The Plus is Papa Bear Size and I love mine. It's big enough that I don't use my iPad Mini much, now. And it's still small enough to fit easily in my front jeans pocket. The home button double-tap, one-handed, works fine for bringing the top of the page down.

Apple doesn't "appease". They skate to where the puck WILL be.
    To join all the other smartphone vendors!
    The 6 is fine. It's the upper limit of one handed use. You have to change the way you hold it just slightly and it's not a real issue.

The only thing that suffers are screenshots, those aren't easy with the new setup.

4.7" is about as big as they can make it while retaining one-handed capability.

The 64GB 6 in Space Gray has been the one that's out of stock the most here in the US, the other colors haven't been quite as bad but still in demand.
    I can hold & operate my 4S with one hand. I can hold my 6 in one hand but to operate it I need to break the grip & balance it in one hand which is less than ideal, especially in public where it can be easily knocked out. Reachability helps but it's not as easy as not having to use it.
    cash907 wrote: »
    So sell it or return it, and go get a 5S? Love my 6 for the very reason the screen is larger, like most people who have purchased one, so personally I'm thankful Apple is "appeasing" customers like me.
    You can't know the size was the reason most people purchased one, their options were big, bigger & old. So my solution is to get last years phone - great! Maybe the iPhone8 Mini will be the next one.
  • Reply 33 of 41
    Quote:

Originally Posted by K.C. View Post

Quote:
    Originally Posted by cali View Post

... it's just worded poorly, if you wish to call him out on his use of the language.

• Reply 34 of 41
    jbdragonjbdragon Posts: 2,311member
    foggyhill wrote: »

These idiots don't seem to understand basic math. If one company sells 10 million phones and just breaks even and Apple sells 1 iPhone and makes $50, who's really winning?. Apple is winning!!! All the other company can do is brag about market share for all the good that does them. Apple's sales continue to climb every year. Apple is now making 87% of the profits in the smart phone market's. Do the math, how much does that leave everyone else, with Samsung taking the biggest chunk of that?. Apple is acc single company making billions and mist everyone else is not making much of anything.
  • Reply 35 of 41
    fallenjtfallenjt Posts: 4,054member
    mcdave wrote: »
    market share is just a BS reason for androids to be happy. What's good to dump Junks into market to gain shares while make no profit? Apple with 12% market share but 86% profit. I guess who gives the shit how many android handsets out there?
  • Reply 36 of 41
    fallenjtfallenjt Posts: 4,054member
    wubbus wrote: »
    Just got my 6+ 64GB yesterday, having placed an order with my carrier on Sept 23.
    Poor you. Next time go through Apple. Mine was ordered on Oct 4th and shipped on Oct 22nd: Space Grey 64GB 6+.
  • Reply 37 of 41

The 64GB 6 in Space Gray has been the one that's out of stock the most here in the US, the other colors haven't been quite as bad but still in demand.

• Reply 38 of 41

• Reply 39 of 41
    undefined
  • Reply 40 of 41

Thanks buddy! I highly appreciate your opinion.