DOJ: A child will die due to Apple's iOS 8 encryption tech

1234568»

Comments

• Reply 141 of 156
    mcdavemcdave Posts: 1,927member
    relic wrote: »
    Both of my children are LoJacked, child tracking software, part of our no curfew policy as long as we know where they are. So I don't see a problem here, all parents should be tracking their child's movements now, especially when the technology is so widely available and inexpensive. It's certainly a lot more effective than trying to determine their whereabouts with messaging. As far as tracking child predators over messaging, again the parents should have a handle on who their child is speaking too and what is being said, one of the stipulations for my child joining any social network is that I have access to their accounts until 16, this is a new world we are living in, such measures have to be taken. Trust has nothing to do with my motives. This is an internal family matter, the government has no jurisdiction and this argument of there's falls flatter than my chest, pre-boobie implants of course.

www.phonesheriff.com

Good parenting.

And prepping them for a surveillance culture too!
  • Reply 142 of 156

Let me know when the [in]Justice Department publicly states that they support declassifying the 28 Pages on Foreign Financing of 9/11.

The Congressmen who have read what is contained in the 28 Pages, who are siding with and supporting 9/11 Families in their fight to have the information declassified, have said and hinted that US "allies" who helped attack us on 9/11 are also US "allies" supporting other terror groups that include ISIS / Infidel State. Infidel State murders children, butchering them. That butchering is happening currently.

So, [in]Justice Department: Your ball.

• Reply 143 of 156
    This kind of manipulation speaks volumes about the integrity of the Attorney General. It just proves that they'll do anything to get our data and this James Cole character should resign immediately.

In 2000, 6,466 children (0-18) were killed in motor vehicle crashes. Where were you James Cole? Where were you when 44 children died of heatstroke last summer from being left in cars? Shouldn't you be banning motor vehicles? http://www.childdeathreview.org/causesmv.htm

THERE'S REAL DEATHS OCCURRING -RIGHT NOW- MR. COLE! 17 CHILDREN DIE EVERYDAY FROM MOTOR VEHICLE RELATED DEATHS AND YOU'RE OVER HERE SQUABBLING ABOUT A HYPOTHETICAL DEATH THAT HASN'T EVEN OCCURRED?

Am I the only one who's extremely insulted that Mr. Cole thinks we're really that stupid? He doesn't give two shakes about children's lives, he just want our data! And for the record, many people have already died over iPhones. One woman fell over a balcony trying to grab her iPhone and this man was stabbed to death for his iPhone by a robber: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2067284/Killed-iPhone-Father-remonstrated-thieves-stabbed-head-screwdriver.html SCREWDRIVERS KILL PEOPLE!

Too bad his iPhone had a passcode lock on it, because he could have opened the "Time Machine App" and prevented the whole thing. (sarcasm). Mr. Cole, where were you when 1,027 children died from drowning? Shouldn't you be banning pools and beaches? You shouldn't be holding public office, that's for sure.
    http://www.childdeathreview.org/nationalchildmortalitydata.htm

[VIDEO]
  • Reply 144 of 156
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by stsk View Post

"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of

the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the

benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any

curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation." - Adolph Hitler

(Mein Kampf)

Wow... That's just disturbing. How is James Cole still in office?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ktappe View Post

Heaven forbid we actually blame the *perpetrator* for the child's death. No, of course, it's the *phone's fault*. WT actual F??? Cole is high on power and needs to be removed. Now.

What about an online petition calling for his resignation? How many signatures would it need?

• Reply 145 of 156
    1 - The DOJ uses an invalid emotive argument.
    2 - The encryption is to keep us safe from those criminals the DOJ thinks it's targeting.

Preventing crime is better than prosecuting it after the fact.
  • Reply 146 of 156
    Indicted for witchcraft, Apple must now prove itself not to be in league with dark forces. -- Salem magistrate John Hathorne

DoJ seems to be staffed by people who have zero regard for the Constitution: as in the Bush administration, the Constitution is just an impediment to taking unilateral and arbitrary actions, including global spying on U.S. citizens. And you name spying legislation The Patriot Act so that anyone who opposes it is ...

This crap from our alleged government has gotten very, very out of hand. Snowden was right.
  • Reply 147 of 156
    this is so ridiculous for DOJ to lay this on Apple. In that case we may as well grant them rights to enter our houses without warrants for the sake of solving crimes and saving children.
  • Reply 148 of 156
    iqatedoiqatedo Posts: 1,823member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Truffol View Post

...In that case we may as well grant them rights to enter our houses without warrants for the sake of solving crimes and saving children.

You weren't in Boston then in the wake of the marathon bombings. :\

• Reply 149 of 156
    marvfoxmarvfox Posts: 2,275member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by crazyclowntime1 View Post

Then let the child DIE.

MY PRIVACY IS MORE IMPORTANT.

It will never cease to amaze me to what depths the US govt will stoop in order to snoop. We are definitely living in the age of the new McCarthyism ("Are you now or have you ever been, a member of ISIS/Al Queda?")That is your wonderful U.S. No privacy at all.

• Reply 150 of 156

Which one?

• Reply 151 of 156
    I'd be keen to see how Apple spins this around. With the un-green allegations they spun themselves from Eco-Luddite to Eco-Evangelist in a matter of months.
    With Apple's Asian manufacturing partners I'm sure they could pull a heart-warmer of a story about little Ping who works hard to feed his mother, father and many siblings who remain off the official records.
  • Reply 152 of 156

Technology like this should be prolife not the other way around

• Reply 153 of 156
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by McDave View Post

I'd be keen to see how Apple spins this around. With the un-green allegations they spun themselves from Eco-Luddite to Eco-Evangelist in a matter of months...

...by gaining recognition for the work they'd been doing in this area over many years.

• Reply 154 of 156

Security in no longer an issue now a days because whether you are guarded or not because the government manipulates it all. We are like puppets, we have strings attached to us without us noticing it. 

• Reply 155 of 156
    masterchat wrote: »
    Security in no longer an issue now a days because whether you are guarded or not because the government manipulates it all. We are like puppets, we have strings attached to us without us noticing it. 

Please elaborate on these strings. What are they, why can't we see them?