iPhone 6, 6 Plus owners complain of easily scratched screens

Comments

• Reply 21 of 215
    cindercinder Posts: 381member
    Yep, same exact thing happened to my iPhone 6.

Hairline scrape about a half centimeter long on the bottom right portion of my screen.
    No idea how it happened.

I dropped it once *after* the scratch appeared but it landed on its back and received very minor nicks in the metal back.
  • Reply 22 of 215
    No scratches lol. Launch model. I hate screen protectors so while I have some, I won't apply them.

I do have a case though.

I use an Apple Leather case and a screen protector from Power Support. Sold my 5S for $500 and the buyer described it as mint.

#ProtectYourTech
  • Reply 23 of 215
    boredumbboredumb Posts: 1,418member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Disturbia View Post

A competitor who spends millions, if not billions, to advertise their shit .....

How much would it cost them to pay a few thousands to post crap?!!

Samsung? :smokey: 

Honestly, I suspect this with each new Apple product - anything the competitors can do

to make the story a negative, instead of about the thrill of it being finally in our hands.

• Reply 24 of 215

zzzzz

• Reply 25 of 215
    Quote:

Originally Posted by NailedToTheX View Post

My wife's 6 has got several nasty scratches across the top. We speculate that it happened when the cat knocked it to the laminate floor. Her old 4s and 3G are still pristine. She's pretty bummed out :/

My 6 has a very slight scratch between the front facing camera and the ear mic... I'm not real careful with it, but haven't noticed any specific reason for that scratch. My old 4s and 3G had a few deep scratches and chips.

I'm not real careful with it(the phone, right) but I haven't noticed any specific reason for the scratches? LOL!

Are you for real. Did you really write that.

If you're not careful with your stuff, like you admitted, then stuff can happen like scratches. 

I'm going to stop right there before I get banned.

Have a great day.

• Reply 26 of 215
    black friday.. Holiday season.. And FUD time by competition.

Mine has no problems .. And its my first iphone on which i have not used a screen protrctor !
  • Reply 27 of 215
    gonevw wrote: »
    I had the iphone 6 for a good month with no scratches, broke the screen last week, and in a week there are these same scratches. I dont think the screen I had originally is the same

Trust me, it's the same. What you think are scratches are where the Apple Genius glued your broken screen back together. Pretty fancy glue, but you can pick it up at any hardware store. Just ask for it by name; Gorilla Glue.
  • Reply 28 of 215
    The Great Gates of Scratch and Bend.

Or should that be the Bendy and Scratchy Show? ????

These things tend to come in threes, so I presume the Apple Watch will engender an ItchGate due to the type of materials used for the back of the watch.

Seems that my decision to bypass the 6 in preference for my two-year old scratchless 4" iPhone 5 has been vindicated.

Ah well. Some you win, some you lose. I'm enjoying slurping my hot chocolate.

It certainly explains all the kerfuffle with GT going bust.
  • Reply 29 of 215
    Screen protectors. Yes, They exist.
  • Reply 30 of 215
    christophb wrote: »
    No scratches lol. Launch model. I hate screen protectors so while I have some, I won't apply them.

I do have a case though.

I use an Apple Leather case and a screen protector from Power Support. Sold my 5S for $500 and the buyer described it as mint.
    #ProtectYourTech

I don't know, you sound excessively careful. I use mine to break walnuts. I have to straighten it back out now and then, but otherwise, good as new!
  • Reply 31 of 215

Have had my 6 Plus for about a month, Love it. No scratches and I carry it every day, also in my pocket while biking. No screen protector, yet. Apple leather case. Very happy with 6 Plus.

• Reply 32 of 215
    I don't know, you sound excessively careful. I use mine to break walnuts. I have to straighten it back out now and then, but otherwise, good as new!

nutgate!

Nah, I've dropped it, accidentally put it my pocket with my keys, marred the case through a hole in my jeans back pocket while setting Christmas lights on my roof. I buy AppleCare+ and like to upgrade each year. A case and cover pays for itself.
  • Reply 33 of 215
    Another bs article.. As soon as I got my 5s it got a Zagg put on it, good thing too was hiking up a really steep canyon and slipped and came down on a rock with my 5s. The Zagg saved the screen still pristine. You would think just as a matter of being careful that people would put a screen protector on there iPhone. I always do, especially with the 6 and the 6 because the screen is not set back in the case.
  • Reply 34 of 215
    626 posts don't seem like a major issue but I supposeto the people who've had it scratched it probably is.

I'd like to hear [B]HOW[/B] they were using it before atributing it to a defect in design
  • Reply 35 of 215
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    I'm sure this will find its way to Business Insider, BGR, etc. now. Thanks a lot AI. :rolleyes:
  • Reply 36 of 215

I have a ton of scratches on the upper curved side, got them in less than a week. I attribute it to the fact that I put them in my jean pockets that I use to do projects around the house and there was a tiny bit of grit in the pocket. this grit rubbed on the screen when I was kneeling down doing projects and ground it in. I was pretty pissed about it, I may try to get it replaced, idk. 

• Reply 37 of 215
    bageljoey wrote: »
    This report makes no sense to me unless there were different materials or processes used...

Unless...these scratches which just appeared have a paranormal explanation! ;)
  • Reply 38 of 215
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    100,000 views?! The horror! /s

I'm sure I have some scratches but nothing to cry online about. Plus I have a case to minimize any damage.
  • Reply 39 of 215
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    626 posts don't seem like a major issue but I supposeto the people who've had it scratched it probably is.

I'd like to hear HOW they were using it before atributing it to a defect in design

I bet they will say the phone is stored in a climate controlled case and they only handle it with white gloves in a clean room.
  • Reply 40 of 215

None here, and don't really care.

Take care of your stuff, folks. 

Simple as that. 

Story sounds bogus, anyway. Another double-digits out of tens of millions or whatnot. 

*moving right along*