Apple shares hit all-time high above $118 as market cap flirts with $700B

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 32

sigh.   Every $14 share price rise will be an 'amazing... Apple is almost at X+100 Billion' story

Market cap is a beauty contest. 

Some days, I think apple should go private just to take the investment noise out of their business plans.

• Reply 22 of 32
    fallenjtfallenjt Posts: 4,054member

$120 by Thanksgiving.

• Reply 23 of 32
    mpantonempantone Posts: 2,040member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

Go private?  Who on earth has $700B to acquire Apple? 

There is no single organization with that amount of leverage. It would have to be a consortium of private-equity firms.

That said, this doesn't make much sense for who Apple is today. Apple is not a credible takeover candidate.

• Reply 24 of 32

@512ke, the iPhone and iPad death watch lists are amazing, aren't they?

I also love reading Techpinions - some of their articles are amazing. And the good ol' Macalope on the weekends.

The people will never apologise, but as long as we have the Internet, all their stupidity will be recorded for the ages.

They'll be the first against the Wall when Apple takes over the universe. Resistance is futile... oh crap! I slipped up. It's not 2104 right?

• Reply 25 of 32
    fallenjtfallenjt Posts: 4,054member
    <a data-huddler-embed="href" href="/u/22529/512ke" style="display:inline-block;">@512ke</a>
    , the iPhone and iPad death watch lists are amazing, aren't they?
    I also love reading Techpinions - some of their articles are amazing. And the good ol' Macalope on the weekends.

The people will never apologise, but as long as we have the Internet, all their stupidity will be recorded for the ages.

They'll be the first against the Wall when Apple takes over the universe. Resistance is futile... oh crap! I slipped up. It's not 2104 right?
    Because of this, I'll buy another 200 shares tomorrow. I hope stocks won't be over $120 opened. I'll be making $3000 by Christmas when stocks hit $135. I'll bet on next year too regardless slower sale. Apple Watch, larger iPad and iPhone refresh will keep Apple stocks up. Apple product pipeline is amazing.
  • Reply 26 of 32
    If I could only go back in time and buy more than one share in 1993 for $25... That one share is worth $2491.12 now.
  • Reply 27 of 32
    What about all the people who said Tim Cook missed it cause he didn't release any new hardware at the last WWDC?
  • Reply 28 of 32
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,728member
    What about all the people who said Tim Cook missed it cause he didn't release any new hardware at the last WWDC?

All the people that criticize Tim should be either running multi-billion dollar companies making massive profits or explain how they know better.
  • Reply 29 of 32
    This is almost as bad as a Business Insider story trashing Apple.
  • Reply 30 of 32
    Huge drop in AAPL this morning...looks like a major buying opportunity to me! (A low of $111.27 so far)

Update: Massive gyrations in stock price, probably just the usual panic/corrections and this time because of the global drop in oil prices (the market's being nuts, as usual)! Could be that Apple itself is taking up the slack and repurchasing their own shares.
  • Reply 31 of 32

Why not ? i think apple is making effort to expand its business with other companies and they also are planning to partnering with IBM and its going to be a Trillion company in 2015. For Reference : http://www.bidnessetc.com/30709-apple-aapl-a-trillion-dollar-company-in-2015/