Uh-oh new gateway coming...

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
<a href="http://news.com.com/2100-1040-855959.html"; target="_blank">A cnet report...</a>

I am sure apple is scared s***less

[quote] Profile 4 will be a significant upgrade to Profile 3, sources said. The new model will finally bring Pentium 4 processors to Profile and add some features not found on iMac or NetVista. Gateway plans to add a second model using a 17-inch monitor, sources said, and the Profile 4 also will have USB (universal serial bus) 2.0--the successor to USB 1.1--capitalizing on Gateway's early advantage of offering high-speed connectivity, according to sources. <hr></blockquote>

Wow, high-speed connectivity... 40 mbps faster than the new iMac... Ohhhh....

This is a piss-poor response, the only area where Gateway will have a slight edge is the 17-inch LCD, but this should be moot by MWNY.

Gateway has me scared

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Wouldn't it be lame if it had a round base and a swiveling neck?
  • Reply 2 of 8
    sapisapi Posts: 207member
    that's no competition for Apple, that thing is butt ugly
  • Reply 3 of 8
    vvedgevvedge Posts: 41member
    and the drives are mounted VERTICALLY...

You know what Steve said about putting the drives on the side...
  • Reply 4 of 8
    [quote]Originally posted by vvedge:

<strong>and the drives are mounted VERTICALLY...

You know what Steve said about putting the drives on the side...</strong><hr></blockquote>

The Profile 4 may or may not look anything like the Profile 3. So many of these comments are irrelevent.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    macaddictmacaddict Posts: 1,055member
    I don't know. Gateway seems to have a severe inability to produce something that distinguishes itself from a pile of shit...
  • Reply 6 of 8
    bellebelle Posts: 1,574member
    Bet it ships on time, though.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    serranoserrano Posts: 1,806member
    Isn't Gateway dead yet...

[quote]

"I'm surprised they said their sales have gone up twofold since the new iMac's release," she said. "I honestly don't know what that means. What I've seen on this end is that their Profile lineup has actually thinned, and by some appearances it hasn't done all that well. In fact, I would say that up until now the Profile hasn't won much acceptance at all."

<hr></blockquote>

[ 03-10-2002: Message edited by: janitor ]</p>
  • Reply 8 of 8
    The LCD on the Gateway Essential(y a piece of crap) probably sucks in comparisson to the iMac LCD.