Best Buy jumpstarts Black Friday sales with early $75 discount on all iPad mini 3 models, up to $200

Posted:
in iPad edited November 2014
U.S. retailer Best Buy on Wednesday flipped the switch early on some of its Black Friday gifts, including at $75 off all iPad mini 3 with Touch ID models, bringing the latest-generation tablet down to a starting price of just $324.99.

As can be seen in the AppleInsider iPad Price Guide, Best Buy has discounted all second- and third-generation iPad mini models, which means a new iPad mini can be had for a starting price of just $224.99.

Apple's iPad mini 3 comes with a flat $75 discount on all models, both Wi-Fi and cellular. They are:

Apple's iPad mini 2 is also discounted ahead of Black Friday, with a minimum savings of $75 on Wi-Fi-only models: LTE-capable iPad mini 2 models are also available with an even greater discount of up to $200, while most are $100 off: Wednesday's sale is just a taste of the bargains to be offered by Best Buy on Black Friday. The sales will actually begin on Thanksgiving, running on the retailer's site all day and available at brick-and-mortar stores starting at 5 p.m.

The biggest bargain for shoppers at Best Buy will be a $100 discount on all iPad Air 2 models. That means the latest-generation iPad can be had at the following prices: Other Apple-related Black Friday deals at Best Buy will include:

Comments

• Reply 1 of 32

I've been hoping for a deal on the Beats Solo2's, haven't seen a good one yet.

$899 for that iMac is a good price. Same with the Mini 2 prices.

• Reply 2 of 32
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member

$225 for a Mini 2 is a damn good deal.

There really is no excuse for anybody to buy any of those cheapo,, malware infested and dangerous, inferior Android tablets, especially when there are such killer deals and cheap prices on great Apple hardware.

• Reply 3 of 32

Really good pricing IMO. Been waiting for something like this, but they didn't do the same discounts in Canada! Measly $15-$20 off here...

• Reply 4 of 32

Don't forget, a Mini 2 is $249 refurbished from Apple if you can't take advantage of this deal. Refurbished from Apple might as well be new.

• Reply 5 of 32
    This is the one I've been waiting for. Looks like the best deal you can get on an iPad mini 2. And now I don't have to wait in any lines and I get to pick it up today. What a steal!
  • Reply 6 of 32
    I really don't get it how these 3rd party retailers can cut such deep discounts. Who is taking the hit? Best Buy? Apple? Both? But if I were on the market for a purchase it is sweet!
  • Reply 7 of 32

Boycott Best Buy. They are opening at 5PM on Thanksgiving, making their employees work instead of being with family. Stand up for family over saving a few dollars on things you don't really need.

• Reply 8 of 32
    razorpitrazorpit Posts: 1,796member

I bet Apple is silently working deals with the vendors.  Order X amount of X product and receive X discount or "rebate" wink, wink.

• Reply 9 of 32
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ktappe View Post

Boycott Best Buy. They are opening at 5PM on Thanksgiving, making their employees work instead of being with family. Stand up for family over saving a few dollars on things you don't really need.

While I'm not necessarily endorsing the opening of the store, did you consider the fact that many of their employees may appreciate the opportunity to make some extra money? Last I saw, Best Buy largely employed younger 20-somethings anyway, not sixty year old grandmas.

• Reply 10 of 32
    Quote:

Best Buy isn't making their employees do anything.  If they don't like that the company is open on Thanksgiving, they're free to quit anytime they want.

• Reply 11 of 32
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    Quote:

They're getting paid, are they not?

Certain lines of work do indeed work on Holidays, that's how things are. Many years ago, I had a job where I was even working on New Years Eve. I didn't mind, since I got paid extra, and I knew what I was getting into.

If they don't like it, they can quit and choose a different line of work.

Not everybody can have off on holidays. What about Police, Firemen, Paramedics? The whole country does not get to have off on holidays. Some people have to work the graveyard shift too.

Having off on holidays is not a human right. Holidays are the busiest time of the year for retailers. It's common sense that employees should work during those times. 

I side with retailers and corporations against individuals and families.

• Reply 12 of 32
    Quote:

I worked at a movie theatre.  We never closed.  Not even Christmas Day, on which I worked.  Not the end of the world

• Reply 13 of 32

B&H Photo has the 5K iMac for $2299 with free shipping and no tax. That's $500 savings.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1086734-REG/apple_mf886ll_a_27_imac_with_retina.html

• Reply 14 of 32
    Quote:

Making them work? I don't think so. When I was in college, I always wanted to work on holidays because the pay was double time. It was also a great excuse to get away from your annoying family. 

• Reply 15 of 32
    volcanvolcan Posts: 1,799member
    ktappe wrote: »

Let's shut down the police, hospitals, public transit, the airlines and make everyone kiss their grandma and stuff themself with sugar and cholesterol at Thanksgiving instead of earning overtime pay and maybe sending a nice greeting card or txt message instead.
  • Reply 16 of 32
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,382member

Pretty good discounts, but already picked up an Air 2 (had a $90 Apple gift card) and not in the market for any of these. 

• Reply 17 of 32
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,382member
    Quote:

Not really sure if this is a joke post or not, but if not...that's a pretty mind-numbingly moronic statement. 

• Reply 18 of 32

Do these have malware preinstalled, too?

• Reply 19 of 32
    volcanvolcan Posts: 1,799member
    Do these have malware preinstalled, too?

Yes, if you consider Google search configured by default as malware.
  • Reply 20 of 32
    fallenjtfallenjt Posts: 4,053member
    I've been hoping for a deal on the Beats Solo2's, haven't seen a good one yet.

$899 for that iMac is a good price. Same with the Mini 2 prices.
    Got mini 2. Pick up in an hour