Apple Watch website revamped with new UI and UX details

Comments

• Reply 21 of 71
    bluefire1 wrote: »
    I'd like to hear about the battery life before getting overly excited about it.

It's bad.
  • Reply 22 of 71
    I finally was able to look at all the updated images. I'm convinced more than ever that it's OLED and one photo with a guy splashing water makes me want to believe it'll be IP67 rated.
  • Reply 23 of 71
    solipsismy wrote: »
    I finally was able to look at all the updated images. I'm convinced more than ever that it's OLED and one photo with a guy splashing water makes me want to believe it'll be IP67 rated.

Isn't it AMOLED?
  • Reply 24 of 71
    Isn't it AMOLED?

I'm not sure what you mean. I don't recall reading or hearing anything about the specific display type being used. By OLED I specifically mean Active-Matrix OLED because Passive-Matrix OLED doesn't make any sense.
  • Reply 25 of 71
    I'm not sure what you mean. I don't recall reading or hearing anything about the specific display type being used. By OLED I specifically mean Active-Matrix OLED because Passive-Matrix OLED doesn't make any sense.

I got nothing. ????
  • Reply 26 of 71

Isn't it AMOLED?

I thought that was settled, it's LG's flexible OLED display.
  • Reply 27 of 71
    I thought that was settled, it's LG's flexible OLED display.

I still can't find anything on their site.
  • Reply 28 of 71

Spent a good half an hour ogling the site! There are a few repeated superlatives, but the screenshots and the feature-list made me drool! I want this soon.

The good news is that it still says 'Early 2015'! With luck we'll see it on 30th of June 2015!!

• Reply 29 of 71
    So I'm not sure if this is indicative of the 38mm and 42mm ?Watches requiring different sized MagSafe chargers, but the ceramic or composite* backings are not the same size. So the button and digital crown are the same size on each, but the casing, display, watch band, ceramic or composite back, and the sensor windows are different sizes.

That's unique for Apple as it is, but would even be more so if the MagSafe charger isn't designed for both sizes. My guess is that it is designed for both.

[IMG ALT=""]http://forums.appleinsider.com/content/type/61/id/52843/width/500/height/1000[/IMG]

* I just noticed ?Watch Sport doesn't have a ceramic back.
  • Reply 30 of 71
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,384member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by CanukStorm View Post

Looking at the amount of work that Apple's put into the Watch, it's no wonder that iOS 8 / OSX Yosemite are in the shape that they are.  All the best minds are on Apple Watch.

The state they're in? You mean the best mobile and desktop OSes that Apple has ever released? I haven't had a single issue with either Yosemite or iOS8, and they contain a metric shitload of new features. Apple can walk and chew gum at the same time. Or do you think if the Watch didn't exist, everything would be 100% bug free?

• Reply 31 of 71
    mr omr o Posts: 1,046member

I really love the Milanese loop ? watch.

• Reply 32 of 71
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    slurpy wrote: »
    The state they're in? You mean the best mobile and desktop OSes that Apple has ever released? I haven't had a single issue with either Yosemite or iOS8, and they contain a metric shitload of new features. Apple can walk and chew gum at the same time. Or do you think if the Watch didn't exist, everything would be 100% bug free?

You haven't had a single issue? Good for you. Plenty of others have, iOS 8 definitely shipped before it was ready,
  • Reply 33 of 71
    foggyhillfoggyhill Posts: 4,767member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Benjamin Frost View Post

It's bad.

Right.... What source hey buddy?

1 day intense use for the small watch (40% smaller than the big one, extrapolate from that) (Direct from Cook's mouth).

That's better than the rest already since nobody's getting close to 1 day from intense use right now. even on their much bigger watches).

You do like to troll hey, Frosty...

• Reply 34 of 71

i will not lie, i thought the moto 360 was looking good when i first saw it. better than whatever the hell samsung was trying to send out. i was hoping that apple's would be better. and i am ashamed i was hoping. apple watch is, in my opinion, awesome, far and away better than the competition. 

that is until the copying machines are fired up.

• Reply 35 of 71
    revenant wrote: »
    i will not lie, i thought the moto 360 was looking good when i first saw it. better than whatever the hell samsung was trying to send out. i was hoping that apple's would be better. and i am ashamed i was hoping. apple watch is, in my opinion, awesome, far and away better than the competition. 
    that is until the copying machines are fired up.

I thought the Moto 360 270 looked great when compared to other "smartwatches" but it was never a high-quality looking wrist-worn device. ?Watch, while I don't care for the design, looks like it's brilliantly crafted.
  • Reply 36 of 71
    mpantonempantone Posts: 2,040member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueFire1 View Post

I'd like to hear about the battery life before getting overly excited about it.

You'll have to wait until the product ships and feedback comes in from actual consumers.

See you next year!

• Reply 37 of 71
    mpantonempantone Posts: 2,040member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SolipsismY View Post

I thought the Moto 360 270 looked great when compared to other "smartwatches" but it was never a high-quality looking wrist-worn device. ?Watch, while I don't care for the design, looks like it's brilliantly crafted.

You can get similar workmanship from a $160 diver's watch.

By definition, a diver's watch must be extremely well crafted to withstand the enormous pressures. A poorly made timepiece (crystal, back, crown, gaskets, strap, etc.) will fail.

I have a quartz chronograph rated for 100 meters, an automatic diver's watch rated for 200 meters. Both are extremely well crafted, yet one would expect them to be. The chronograph is over thirty years old and still has its original stainless steel wristband.

Sadly, many of today's American consumers no longer have the expectation or hope to purchase a well made wearable item that will last for years, if not decades. A great watch should last 2-4 years, it should last 2-4 decades, even longer. Just look at the forgettable poorly made garbage that people put on their feet and call "shoes."

I know I'm old-school in this regard, but I would prefer to wear an old watch on my wrist, not a new one. An old watch has more character and history than something that just came out of a box. Even if you are wearing a new suit and new shoes, the one piece of fashion that can be old is the wristwatch.

Many here seem to be wide-eyed surprised by the exacting finish and detailed craftsmanship of the Apple Watch. I'm not because that's how decent watches have been made for centuries. That's part of what Jonny was alluding to when he used the term "historical significance" during the prolonged design phase of the Apple Watch.

If you want to be stunned by a timepiece, go to a clock museum and look at something a hundred or two hundred years old.

Apple certainly isn't breaking any new ground in the physical design of their watch.

• Reply 38 of 71
    mpantone wrote: »

You can get similar workmanship from a $160 diver's watch.

By definition, a diver's watch must be extremely well crafted to withstand the enormous pressures. A poorly made timepiece (crystal, back, crown, gaskets, strap, etc.) will fail.

I have a quartz chronograph rated for 100 meters, an automatic diver's watch rated for 200 meters. Both are extremely well crafted, yet one would expect them to be. The chronograph is over thirty years old and still has its original stainless steel wristband.

Sadly, many of today's American consumers no longer have the expectation or hope to purchase a well made wearable item that will last for years, if not decades. A great watch should last 2-4 years, it should last 2-4 decades, even longer. Just look at the forgettable poorly made garbage that people put on their feet and call "shoes."

I know I'm old-school in this regard, but I would prefer to wear an old watch on my wrist, not a new one. An old watch has more character and history than something that just came out of a box. Even if you are wearing a new suit and new shoes, the one piece of fashion that can be old is the wristwatch.

Many here seem to be wide-eyed surprised by the exacting finish and detailed craftsmanship of the Apple Watch. I'm not because that's how decent watches have been made for centuries. That's part of what Jonny was alluding to when he used the term "historical significance" during the prolonged design phase of the Apple Watch.

<span style="line-height:1.4em;">If you want to be stunned by a timepiece, go to a clock museum and look at something a hundred or two hundred years old.</span>

Apple certainly isn't breaking any new ground in the physical design of their watch.

Centuries? bah.

Our family timepiece has been around for millennia.

• Reply 39 of 71
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

You haven't had a single issue? Good for you. Plenty of others have, iOS 8 definitely shipped before it was ready,

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slurpy View Post

Speak for yourself.

• Reply 40 of 71

Centuries? bah.

Our family timepiece has been around for millennia.

Meh... The Egyptians were putting together things like the Pyarmids and the Sphinx then....