Best Buy slashes $100 off iPad Air 2 (from $399), $200 off MacBook Pro with CD/DVD ($899), $150 off

Posted:
in General Discussion edited November 2014
Following up on its "Get a Jump on Black Friday" sale launched, U.S. electronics retail chain Best Buy on Thursday added Apple's latest iPad Air 2 to the list with deep $100 discounts on all models, putting the starting price at only $399.99 for a 16GB Wi-Fi only version.

After being teased on Wednesday, Best Buy's Black Friday iPad Air 2 sale is now live, as can be seen in our iPad Price Guides, with 16GB Wi-Fi models in all three colors going for $399.99, while the same capacity with cellular LTE starts at $529.99.

While Best Buy plans to keep its sale running throughout the day, stock is not guaranteed, especially at such low prices.

Update 7am: Best Buy's stock of WiFi models is already beginning to sell out, and those in stock are not guaranteed to deliver until Dec 10th unless you pay another $16-$30 for expedited shipping. Couple that with roughly $30+ tax collected on each sale and your net price may be higher than purchasing from some alternative resellers, like MacMall, which is selling the same models for $40 off with free shipping and no tax collected on orders shipped outside (CA, CO, GA, IL, MN, NC, NY, TN, and WI).

Wi-Fi versions of Apple's iPad Air 2 are priced as follows: Versions supporting LTE are also on sale at $100 off retail: As mentioned earlier today, Best Buy is also lopping $75 off all iPad mini 3 models and up to $200 off iPad mini 2.

Other Apple products on sale include: Best Buy's Black Friday doorbuster sale runs all day online, while customers can visit brick-and-mortar outlets on Thursday starting 5 p.m. until 1 a.m. on Friday, local time. Stores will again reopen at 8 a.m. for continued Black Friday sales.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    The 64 and 128 GB space gray models were already sold out before this was posted as was the Silver 128 GB models. Gold is still there because apparently no one wants gold.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    john.bjohn.b Posts: 2,742member

• Reply 3 of 9
    They were sold out early.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    So, Black Friday sales start Thursday...
  • Reply 5 of 9
    eckergus wrote: »
    So, Black Friday sales start Thursday...

Yes. Thursday at 5:00 pm for many stores near me.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    Yes. Thursday at 5:00 pm for many stores near me.

I'm with you, I just think it's crazy how "Thursday is now Friday." Stores are fighting over customers! This is great for all of us!
  • Reply 7 of 9
    morac wrote: »
    The 64 and 128 GB space gray models were already sold out before this was posted as was the Silver 128 GB models. Gold is still there because apparently no one wants gold.

I actually like the gold iPad much more than the iPhone. I'm just waiting for the Air 3 so we get a Retina HD display and curved cover glass.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    I believe Best Buy pulled a "slick One". They never had them and never intended to. They were sold out across the country according to Best Buy on Saturday night. I have a Best Buy card and I have Best Buy coupons which I am in the process of ritual burning all of them. I will never deal with Best Buy again.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    Originally Posted by GarySellersvill View Post

I believe Best Buy pulled a "slick One". They never had them and never intended to.

That reminds me of a pair of DeLorean sneakers that Nike made one year. Available only on Black Friday, they were sold out instantly at midnight...