Natalie Portman rumored for troubled Steve Jobs biopic

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 60
    hentaiboyhentaiboy Posts: 1,252member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DroidFTW View Post

Terrible choice. She looks nothing like Steve Jobs!

I think the idea is to look like Lisa Jobs

Jobs

Portman

• Reply 42 of 60
    pazuzupazuzu Posts: 1,728member

Natalie USB Portman.

• Reply 43 of 60
    pazuzu wrote: »
    Natalie USB Portman.

Natalie Portmantle.
  • Reply 44 of 60

Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

She was great in The Professional.

I enjoyed her performance in Garden State as well.

• Reply 45 of 60
    I'd watch her mail letters for 90 minutes.
  • Reply 46 of 60
    Quote:

Originally Posted by pfisher View Post

The development of this movie could be made into a movie - if it gets made.

You wonder if by the time it comes out, that anyone will actually be interested.

Something like Synecdoche, New York.

They could get Khaufman and Spike Jonze together for it! Not a bad idea at all.

Speaking of which, why isn't John Malkovich being considered for the role of Jobs? He'd literally tear everyone a new hole...

• Reply 47 of 60
    Joan Baez?
  • Reply 48 of 60
    19831983 Posts: 1,225member
    Fassbender is Irish not German I think?
  • Reply 49 of 60
    marvfoxmarvfox Posts: 2,275member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by BestKeptSecret View Post

Something like Synecdoche, New York.

They could get Khaufman and Spike Jonze together for it! Not a bad idea at all.

Speaking of which, why isn't John Malkovich being considered for the role of Jobs? He'd literally tear everyone a new hole...

No way he is suited for Job's role.His roles are always to psychotic.

• Reply 50 of 60
    Quote:

Originally Posted by marvfox View Post

No way he is suited for Job's role.His roles are always to psychotic.

Perfect!

• Reply 51 of 60
    1983 wrote: »
    Fassbender is Irish not German I think?

Germany-born, but part Irish.
  • Reply 52 of 60
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

What if that’s interspersed with an hour of her sitting perfectly still?

• Reply 53 of 60
    What if that’s interspersed with an hour of her sitting perfectly still?

I'd still buy a full price ticket.
  • Reply 54 of 60
    Quote:

Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

Perfect!

Jobs was not psychotic.He was a genius in his own way.

• Reply 55 of 60
    asciiascii Posts: 5,936member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

So would I. She has the most important attribute for a visual medium like the movies, she looks good. If you want acting ability buy a season pass to your local theatre company.

• Reply 56 of 60
    Very funny stuff, LOL!
  • Reply 57 of 60
    shsfshsf Posts: 302member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ascii View Post

So would I. She has the most important attribute for a visual medium like the movies, she looks good. If you want acting ability buy a season pass to your local theatre company.

amen. Plus she's not that hot.

and as someone else pointed out she needs to get her acting skills honed pronto if she stands any chance to play Steve. :smokey:

I just wish they would f. off with the biopics by the way. Do a decent documentary instead, in due time. The dust hasn't even settled upon his body, find another damn cash cow hollywood. Or do something creative like an acid trip pixar special effects story or something, as someone else pointed out. 

• Reply 58 of 60
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SHSF View Post

amen. Plus she's not that hot, and has an annoying jewish princess thing about her... and lest someone gives me the third degree about antisemitism, I 've dated two jewish girls, not "princesses" like Nat here. At the end of the day, yeah I 'd do her, and yeah I 'd rather be at an English theatre instead watching a play. 

and as someone else pointed out she needs to get her acting skills honed pronto if she stands any chance to play Steve. :smokey:

I just wish they would f. off with the biopics by the way. Do a decent documentary instead, in due time. The dust hasn't even settled upon his body, find another damn cash cow hollywood. Or do something creative like an acid trip pixar special effects story or something, as someone else pointed out. 

That is Apple is a cow cash company. You are right let Jobs rest in peace.Give it a rest!

• Reply 59 of 60
    asciiascii Posts: 5,936member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SHSF View Post

A decent documentary is a really good idea actually. I just watched a documentary about Benjamin Franklin this afternoon and it was as entertaining as any movie.

• Reply 60 of 60
    shsfshsf Posts: 302member

I am the most concerned about Laurene and the kids. No matter how much money one has, or especially if someone's wealthy enough, it's still basically a single mom raising three young children alone, who, god knows, they have their grief, a world of expectations on them, as well as I am sure a few apple hating morons lurking about. If Steve's mom and dad are still around as well as her parents they should be the greatest support mechanism, that as well as close friends of the couple. Plus Steve's 7 year struggle with death must have drained the family morally. I just wish his kids get their fair chance of growing up normal and somehow that the grace of God oversees that. This I am convinced will be the case, but what with society having free will and all, sometimes it's not enough.