Apple's iOS devices accounted for 78% of record setting Cyber Monday mobile sales

Comments

• Reply 21 of 51
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Quote:
    Originally Posted by boredumb View Post

What year was this???

This past Friday! Apple still sells iPods, you know. And they're great for kids to play games.

I imagine they were wanting iPod Touches... Which makes sense. I strongly suspect they didn't mean a iPod Nano....

• Reply 22 of 51
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Macky the Macky View Post

I imagine they were wanting iPod Touches... Which makes sense. I strongly suspect they didn't mean a iPod Nano....

What about iTouches? For some reason, I notice some people calling it that sometimes.

• Reply 23 of 51
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member

I think that part was understood. My son loves his iPod Touch. He records all type of video, and then uses hyperlapse to speed them up.
  • Reply 24 of 51
    yojimbo007yojimbo007 Posts: 1,165member
    Thats huge!!!!
  • Reply 25 of 51
    Quote:

Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

I think that part was understood. My son loves his iPod Touch. He records all type of video, and then uses hyperlapse to speed them up.

Careful there... you just called iOS users 'lame and sorry'..... ;) 

• Reply 26 of 51
    apple ][ wrote: »

Are you trying to be funny or something?

I've heard a lot of lame and ridiculous excuses before, with somebody attempting to explain why Android devices always have a piss poor showing on all real world usage stats, but the one that you just presented is one of the lamest and sorriest excuses that I've ever heard.:lol:

I bet you that the majority of people that I saw on the news recently beating the crap out of each other, trying to get some cheap TV during some Black Friday sale were Android users.

They certainly weren't fighting over the $29 RCA tablets. :D

apple ][ wrote: »
    What about iTouches? For some reason, I notice some people calling it that sometimes.

I hate when people call it an iTouch.
  • Reply 27 of 51
    Careful there... you just called iOS users 'lame and sorry'..... ;)  

I didn't specify any one OS, but I can see how it looks that way. Thanks. ;)
  • Reply 28 of 51
    flaneurflaneur Posts: 4,526member
    dasanman69 wrote: »
    Lame and sorry are people that spend all day on their device.

Man, you have a tough job. My sincere sympathies. I hope you have a corner office, anyway.
  • Reply 29 of 51
    Why does the chart say "This October..."?
  • Reply 30 of 51
    flaneur wrote: »
    Man, you have a tough job. My sincere sympathies. I hope you have a corner office, anyway.

I do have a tough job, but I work outside. The great outdoors is my office. I do however appreciate your concern.
  • Reply 31 of 51
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

This is hardly surprising. The whole myth of Android's alleged activation numbers isn't worth a whole lot. What are all of those billions of people doing with their devices? They're certainly not shopping online too much, like normal people and Apple users do.

Does it surprise anybody that people buying tablets, with some of them even being in the sub 100 dollar range (complete garbage devices), are not buying too much online? They are obviously flat broke. Who else in their right minds would ever buy those junk devices?

But enough about damn Android devices and the ridiculous Fandroids who use them! Back to Apple!

It's pretty obvious to see that Apple is going to have a great holiday season. There have been a ton of sales for all kinds of Apple devices, and they must have sold a crap load in just the past week. An iPad Mini 2 for $225? Crazy cheap! And I don't think that Apple is going to do any worse going into the Christmas/New Year's season. Apple devices remain on top.

Precisely.

I can't get my head around the iPad's supposed 25% or so of the tablet market according to IDC. How do you square that with 80% payment share?

Nothing has materially changed since 2011, when Jobs stated that that there was no tablet market; there was only an iPad market.

• Reply 32 of 51
    Quote:

Originally Posted by macinthe408 View Post

iOS 77% + Android 23%. I'm not good at math, so what does that leave Windows Phone with?

The fragments under the table.

• Reply 33 of 51
    Quote:

Quote:

Are you trying to be funny or something?

I've heard a lot of lame and ridiculous excuses before, with somebody attempting to explain why Android devices always have a piss poor showing on all real world usage stats, but the one that you just presented is one of the lamest and sorriest excuses that I've ever heard.image

I bet you that the majority of people that I saw on the news recently beating the crap out of each other, trying to get some cheap TV during some Black Friday sale were Android users.

Lame and sorry are people that spend all day on their device.

Presumably the same can be said for academics who have their heads in books all day. Or avid readers.

• Reply 34 of 51
    Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macky the Macky View Post

Tell him to slow them down; less haste, more speed.

• Reply 35 of 51

Presumably the same can be said for academics who have their heads in books all day. Or avid readers.

Ahhhh the ol' bookworms. I have no issue with people informing themselves, or gaining knowledge. It's those that have to tweet every single move they make, or constantly post on Facebook, post selfies and plates of food on Instagram.
  • Reply 36 of 51

Tell him to slow them down; less haste, more speed.

Except that the videos only looking interesting because they're sped up. :lol:
  • Reply 37 of 51
    Quote:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by GTR View Post

Don't forget this year to give to the poor...sorry...I meant, Android users.

Imagine some of the poor and unfortunate children this year around the holidays, when their highest wish is maybe to get an iPad, and they open up their presents and they see some no name Android tablet inside. There will no doubt be a few tears shed around various Christmas trees this year for sure.

Some of these children will suffer mental anguish and some of them will no doubt grow up to be professional Android trolls with psychological problems, spending their time trolling Apple forums.

I think you're on to something...a recent poll of convicts in state and federal prisons; most of the crimes were committed by Android users, with Windows phone users disproportionally represented. The rare iPhone user was generally in for a white collar crime that they really didn't commit. Additionally, Windows phone users were most likely to re-offend. I guess they just never learn from their past bad choices.

• Reply 38 of 51
    Quote:

Originally Posted by TheWhiteFalcon View Post

I hate when people call it an iTouch.

Wasn't that the Bill Clinton approach? The man never met a thong he didn't snap.  :p

• Reply 39 of 51
    Wasn't that the Bill Clinton approach? The man never met a thong he didn't snap.  :p

It's so unsettling to me how the most powerful man on the planet even gave Monica Lewinsky the time of day. My hero is JFK for banging Marilyn Monroe :lol:
  • Reply 40 of 51
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

Cyber Monday sales were driven by spam email marketing

Really? Spam? I kind of doubt it, unless everyone was buying penny stocks, loan refinances, and tummy tuck devices.

My two Cyber Monday purchases were both driven by email marketing, but neither one was "spam".