Spymac Site Down

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Everybody's favorite site has been that way for two days now.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    bodhibodhi Posts: 1,424member
    Everybody's favorite site? Speak for yourself!
  • Reply 2 of 9
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    Good riddance. Pansy-ass, rumor-mongering Meader wannabes.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    Yay, it's back up again! (and yes, MacsR4U) it's my fav rumor site too!)

[ 03-11-2002: Message edited by: CharlieBrownGirl ]</p>
  • Reply 4 of 9
    They're changing hosts. The reason it's still down for some people is because your ISP has yet to update their DNS Servers.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    ybotybot Posts: 329member
    Bleh too bad, SpyMac is such an awful site!
  • Reply 6 of 9
    [quote]Originally posted by Ybot:

<strong>Bleh too bad, SpyMac is such an awful site!</strong><hr></blockquote>

Why do you think that? The news and rumors are a bit outrageous, but I go there for the forums and gallery...

Just don't go there for the news and I think you will start to like the page.
  • Reply 7 of 9
    Why exactly do people have this hatred for them? Yeah, they took the iwalk thing a bit too far; their whole existence banked on it initially I think. The reason I read a Rumors site is for entertainment, and a taste of what may or may not come in the future. The forums here at AI allow you to take it a step further, and have conversations with other geeks about your ideas.

I don't know anybody who reads a rumors site for hard evidence to make purchasing decisions or for any sort of real scientific value. Every site has to be taken with a grain of salt.

I don't like MOSR because Meader always has something posted on the top of his site saying that he can't get Mail.app to work for doing his mass emailing lists, and that top OS X engineers at Apple are helping him. I'm sorry, but if you're going to ask people to pay you to get mailings, at least be able to do it right... and don't feed me BS about how Apple engineers love you so much they're trying to fix your personal problems with the operating system.

Spymac has been straight up about everything... and they know how to make their servers work (I've seen way too many MySQL errors over at MOSR). They've posted bogus stuff, but they tend to correct themselves as well, and that should count for something.

If I'm going to believe anyone though, I'd start with Nick over at Think Secret. Everything else is really just taken as entertainment.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    [quote]Originally posted by M3D Jack:

<strong>Why exactly do people have this hatred for them? Yeah, they took the iwalk thing a bit too far; their whole existence banked on it initially I think. The reason I read a Rumors site is for entertainment, and a taste of what may or may not come in the future. The forums here at AI allow you to take it a step further, and have conversations with other geeks about your ideas.

I don't know anybody who reads a rumors site for hard evidence to make purchasing decisions or for any sort of real scientific value. Every site has to be taken with a grain of salt.

I don't like MOSR because Meader always has something posted on the top of his site saying that he can't get Mail.app to work for doing his mass emailing lists, and that top OS X engineers at Apple are helping him. I'm sorry, but if you're going to ask people to pay you to get mailings, at least be able to do it right... and don't feed me BS about how Apple engineers love you so much they're trying to fix your personal problems with the operating system.

Spymac has been straight up about everything... and they know how to make their servers work (I've seen way too many MySQL errors over at MOSR). They've posted bogus stuff, but they tend to correct themselves as well, and that should count for something.

If I'm going to believe anyone though, I'd start with Nick over at Think Secret. Everything else is really just taken as entertainment.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Very well said. I feel the same way.. Anyway, I find that it is largely members of others boards that really don't like them. I'm on the Spymac board and most of the people there really love the site, just as most people on the TS boards only love their site etc.

So is it rivalry? I think that has a bit to do with it.

But I agree with your main points:

The most reliable rumor site is Think Secret, only because "nick deplume" post rather tame rumors.

MOSR is at the bottom of my list, because I don't like his contant begging for money and his promising that his site will be updated "tonight" and then it will go for weeks.

Spymac is really nice in my eyes. Great design, friendly admins... as I said, their rumors are usualy extremely inaccurate, but I don't care about that.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    It's back? That's show biz!