Protestors take over Fifth Ave Apple Store in 'die-in' demonstration

Comments

• Reply 81 of 365

Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

It means that the main stream media intentionally buries news involving racial attacks against whites. The Knock Out game is a good example of that.

I don't know about you, but where I live we get coverage of white hate crimes.

How did you even find out about The Knock Out game?  Drudge Report linking to mainstream websites?

What do you think needs to be done to address this "problem"?  

• Reply 82 of 365
    Open season?  WTF does that even mean?  

Boy do you have a sense of victimhood.  Did you get that from talk radio or Fox News, where whites are always the victims?  

Then what other color or sex would you like to be so you can live an easygoing life?

I think he has a point. When everything is viewed through the lens of collectivist racial identity politics, it's a sword that cuts both ways. If a person is judged to be different because of skin color, rather than treated as an individual, then everything is fair game.

In this day and age, automatically assuming racism or privilege based on skin color alone is clearly a tactic for people or groups seeking to exploit a situation for their own means.
  • Reply 83 of 365
    Quote:

It means that the main stream media intentionally buries news involving racial attacks against whites. The Knock Out game is a good example of that.

How did you know about the so-called "knock out game" if it's being buried by the media? Why do all kinds of articles for it pop up under a standard web search? Plus, many of those articles debunk the idea that there was anything widespread, systematic, or racial about it.

• Reply 84 of 365
    You only need one look at the photo in this article to tell you why this protest was peaceful and the ones in Ferguson violent.

That's an interesting point also, however I think liberal protestors punishing one of the most liberal companies around is laughable and idiotic.
  • Reply 85 of 365
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,384member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jkichline View Post

I really don't understand what capitalism has to do with the problem. But then again I'm white and don't quite understand what the problem is. I've had some black friends lecture me on white privilege and how I had it easy and stuff. My mom was a waitress and my dad was a maintenance man and they worked hard to give us a better life. I was able to go to college and started my own businesses. Nobody ever gave me anything. We didn't resort to crime and we certainly respected those placed in authority over us.

These protestors seem to be following the crowd in this ridiculous notion that police shouldn't have any authority. If a cop tells you to get down or stop or whatever, you do it! That's the whole point. Should people be killed for selling cigarettes? No. But this wouldn't have happened if the guy was a law-abiding citizen. I don't care what race you are. Respect those in authority over you and those companies who have built this country and they will respect you. Funny how that works.

If you are unhappy with your lot in life, change it. Go to school and learn how to program or do something worthy of a career. People complain that Apple only hires white men, but I've yet to meet many others who are qualified for the type of work Apple needs in that regard. Equality needs to be accomplished from both directions.

Your post really is mind-numbing, in the extent of its naivity, ignorance, and how completely oblivious to anything that isn't a foot beyond your nose, and your lack of ability to put yourself if anyone's else shoes. Your simplistic "my parents were blue collar workers!" argument, used to waive away all evidence of discrimination, as well as your weak and frankly slightly horrifying "justifications" for the guy getting killed (he didn't go exactly what the cop told him to do, so meh) is beyond words. 

• Reply 86 of 365
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by foregoneconclusion View Post

How did you know about the so-called "knock out game" if it's being buried by the media? Why do all kinds of articles for it pop up under a standard web search? Plus, many of those articles debunk the idea that there was anything widespread, systematic, or racial about it.

I said mainstream media.

Luckily, the internet reports what the mainstream media intentionally hides.

• Reply 87 of 365
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

In this day and age, automatically assuming racism or privilege based on skin color alone is clearly a tactic for people or groups seeking to exploit a situation for their own means.

There's nothing "assumed" about racism in the St. Louis and Ferguson area. It's well documented. There were white police officers in St. Louis that intentionally hung up a noose inside their headquarters to intimidate black officers. The black officers were successful in a legal action to make them take it down, but the white officers involved were not punished in any other way by the department. Darren Wilson was previously a member of a St. Louis area police department that was literally disbanded due to how poor it's track record was for racial issues.

• Reply 88 of 365
    Quote:

I said mainstream media.

Luckily, the internet reports what the mainstream media intentionally hides.

CNN, NBC, CBS, ABC, FOX...they all have many different articles regarding the "knock out game". Mainstream media covered it.

• Reply 89 of 365
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Way too many people and groups are taking advantage of their privilege.

What about that disgusting woman from Django Unchained? The tramp was having sex in a car, in full view of the public, and she tried to bring racism into the story. What a lying tramp. When she first lied about the story, I bet she didn't know that photo evidence was soon to emerge.

• Reply 90 of 365
    There's nothing "assumed" about racism in the St. Louis and Ferguson area. It's well documented. There were white police officers in St. Louis that intentionally hung up a noose inside their headquarters to intimidate black officers. The black officers were successful in a legal action to make them take it down, but the white officers involved were not punished in any other way by the department. Darren Wilson was previously a member of a St. Louis area police department that was literally disbanded due to how poor it's track record was for racial issues.

But that happened recently in California also. Some firemen (I've no idea if they were all white or not) intimidated a black fireman, he sued and won his discrimination suit.

All I know is that as a taxpayer, I'm ultimately getting soaked with all of this protected public employee misconduct. Thanks to unions, idiots whose actions result in huge lawsuits end up retiring early and keeping their huge union-protected benefits. Public employee unions should be illegal.
  • Reply 91 of 365
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    apple ][ wrote: »
    And one black criminal dies, due to their own stupidity and violent nature, and the media reports about it 24-7, and people hold protests.

What's violent about selling loose cigarettes? Was the public, or the police in any danger? How many whites got rich selling something illegal? Ever hear of Joe Kennedy?
  • Reply 92 of 365
    Quote:

Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

What's violent about selling loose cigarettes? Was the public, or the police in any danger? How many whites got rich selling something illegal? Ever hear of Joe Kennedy?

I was speaking more about the Ferguson case. The thug in that case deserved to die in my opinion. Trying to murder a police officer is not a smart idea.

The NYC case is very different from Ferguson. No, selling loose cigs on the street is not any violent crime, and I don't believe that he deserved to die.

Apparently, the store owner called the cops on him, because he often would stand outside the store and sell his cigs. He would still be alive today if he had just listened to the cops. If you are a 350 pound person with asthma and other health issues, then do what the cops tell you to do, otherwise they will take you down.

• Reply 93 of 365
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    Ha, the Verge banned me because I said let black people police themselves. Apparently that falls under the Verge's "trolling" policy. Nevermind that pretty much any article posted there these days is click bait and for the express purpose of getting people riled up (or inciting fanboy wars) in the comments section, :rolleyes:
  • Reply 94 of 365
    The video you posted is a joke. He never had his hands up in the air, as if he was trying to surrender. The people running around making the hands up gesture are a bunch of ignorant morons who are simply repeating lies and making up their own reality. 

He was a violent thug who charged at the police officer and he rightfully got mowed down. 

He asked him for his license, and when he went to retrieve, the cop instantly commanded him to get out of the car, and started firing. As the man was raising his arms the officer fired one shot, and another once his arms were fully raised. There was not one single thing that the gentleman did to deserve being shot. No person that is that afraid of black people should ever be given a badge.
  • Reply 95 of 365
    Quote:

He asked him for his license, and when he went to retrieve, the cop instantly commanded him to get out of the car, and started firing. As the man was raising his arms the officer fired one shot, and another once his arms were fully raised. There was not one single thing that the gentleman did to deserve being shot. No person that is that afraid of black people should ever be given a badge.

I think that we're mixing up stories here, because the criminal in the Ferguson story was not in a car.

• Reply 96 of 365
    [quote name="Apple ][" url="/t/183758/protestors-take-over-fifth-ave-apple-store-in-die-in-demonstration/40#post_2648440"]

It worked exactly as intended. The Grand Jury saw all of the videos, they heard from countless witnesses and they reached a conclusion based on all of the evidence. They know more about the facts than anybody else.

You would benefit from following your own advice, to study your legal system. The Grand Jury is not a court. It is a body that decides whether a case justifies, even minimally, being sent on to an actual court for examination and decision. The GJ usurped the role of the courts.
  • Reply 97 of 365

I think that we're mixing up stories here, because the criminal in the Ferguson story was not in a car.

Which video were you referring to?
  • Reply 98 of 365
    Quote:

Which video were you referring to?

I wasn't referring to any video, just the Ferguson case and Mike Brown.

He and his partner in crime were on foot.

• Reply 99 of 365

Quote:
    Originally Posted by stargazerCT View Post

I agree 100%. Black on white stories get buried by the media. I think they only promote stories based on whether it would gain the attention of Al Sharpton...more ratings and clicks that way when the racial card is applied. 

You can add this to the list of media biased articles. Funny how there's no "black" or "white" labels applied to the victims when the perp is black. The only way you know that is to look at the photo, though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MessagePad2100 View Post

Why are you conflating what criminals do with what cops do?  Why are you redirecting the issue with police into something else?

If you hate violent crime so much, why don't you do something about its root causes instead of blaming the people who are conveniently not in your back yard?

I guess it's just easier to lump all black people and all black neighborhoods as being the same, and continue to look down on them?  Then it's easy to ignore them, and eat a sandwich?

My post is not about police versus criminals and it's not a redirect of the issue. It's a response in agreement to another post on how the media treats race and how they angle a story to get the best ratings or views. I was not a post about the article and the protests, so why are you conflating my post with how the media treats a story and protestors disrupting business at an Apple store? Which, by the way...as an Apple shareholder....they should have all been arrested for trespassing.

What do you suggest I do about tackling the root cause of violent crime that a parent is supposed to be doing already? I can't raise their children to respect others regardless of race or authority...that's their responsibility. And what are you proposing the root cause of the violent crime is?

And how in the world do you draw a conclusion that I'm looking down on African Americans from a comment on how the media reports crimes? I'm frustrated with the media making everything into a racial issue when it's people committing the crimes against other people. Why does it always have to be a black and white issue? 

• Reply 100 of 365
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    Hey I wonder if we can protest the protesters by fake attempting to get a cops gun and then fake robbing a convenience store.