Printers?????

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Hey, anyone out there know of a good printer. My old style writer bit the dust. I need to find a printer in the $150-$230range. One that can printer over 800 pages of color with one ink set. Seperate Ink tanks and is very fast. Any suggestions??? :cool:

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    steve666steve666 Posts: 2,600member
    Epson C80

• Reply 2 of 10
    C80 huh, what are some of the specs. Does it have good color printing. Do Ink tanks last long?
  • Reply 3 of 10
    serranoserrano Posts: 1,806member
    we just had a thread about this... i bought a samsung ml1210 laser. 170. the c80 is excellent in all areas you mentioned.
  • Reply 4 of 10
    steve666steve666 Posts: 2,600member
    Its the best printer Epson has ever come out with in my opinion. I'm an HP guy, but the Epson has the seperate tanks and they last longer than almost every printer out there. Do a Google search: Epson C80 reviews.

You should see plenty of reviews on it..................
  • Reply 5 of 10
    Although my Epson 740 does a great job printing color it hate the way it works. It seems to go into an extened cleaning cycle just when I don't want it to. There's no way to cancle it or just tell it to print and clean later. I hate it. I wish it had a better driver.
  • Reply 6 of 10
    jimdadjimdad Posts: 209member
    Sorry to deviate a little but I also have an Epson 740. With the new OSX driver is there any way to check the level of ink remaining ?

BTW We have an Epson C80 at the school and its impressive.
  • Reply 7 of 10
    [quote]Originally posted by Scott H.:

<strong>Although my Epson 740 does a great job printing color it hate the way it works. It seems to go into an extened cleaning cycle just when I don't want it to. There's no way to cancle it or just tell it to print and clean later. I hate it. I wish it had a better driver.</strong><hr></blockquote>

my 740i does the same cleaning/head alignment thing. also, the motor to feed the paper malfunctions about every 6th page making the paper feed in at about a 30 degree angle, screwing everything up. i would recomend a canon printer of some sort. my 5 year old BJC4100 is still my primary printer due to my problems with my 740i
  • Reply 8 of 10
    how's the Epson C62? how about Epson C82? should i assume it's better than th C80? it seems the C80 is not made anymore, though i think it can still be found

[ 01-17-2003: Message edited by: burningwheel ]</p>
  • Reply 9 of 10
    HP deskjet 940c. ~$150 if I remeber correctly. Very good printer. The black ink cartrige lasted about 3 months.
  • Reply 10 of 10
    Canon i850 or i550 all the way. Without a doubt the best printers out there. <a href="http://www6.tomshardware.com/consumer/20021223/printer_roundup-17.html#canon_i850"; target="_blank">http://www6.tomshardware.com/consumer/20021223/printer_roundup-17.html#canon_i850</a>; says it all. The ink costs half of what Epson's cost, the print quality is equal to Epson, and nearly equal to 35mm prints, and the speed blows any other printer out of the water. Works great with OSX and borderless printing too. Trust me, I worked at Best Buy for a year selling nothing but Canon's over HPs, Epsons, and worst of them all...Lexmarks.