[OS X 10.9.5] .plist & OSX config problem after re-installation Steinberg Hypersonic2

Posted:
in macOS edited December 2014

I' m using Steinbergs Hypersonic2 since Snow Leopard without any Problems. One month ago I re-installed Hypersonic2 and found that Mavericks behaves different to earlier OSX's. Hypersonic itself works as expected, but as this is a multi channel Software Soundmodule Synth it needs to know where on the harddisk the Samples are.

The regular installation routine is to:

1. install Hypersonic2 Application

2. Copy the sound files to a desired folder on HD

3. run "Set HS2 Content Location" tool from inside that folder.

Unfortunately this tool doesn't run on Mavericks anymore and Steinberg stopped support for Hypersonic2 since years.

I REALLY LOVE THIS APPLICATION AND DIDN'T FIND ANYTHING BETTER! So it great to get help from an OSX expert who has in deepth knowledge about OSX configuration and Preference List files.

This is what I found at a different internet location:

Quote:

?The only thing that uses Rosetta is the "Set Content Data" application on your Hypersonic 2 DVD. You don't need to run that, you just need to update the Hypersonic 2 plist file and point to where your content for Hypersonic 2 is.

The plist file is here

/Library/Preferences/com.steinberg.plugins.Hypersonic 2.plist

I tried this without any success. I edited the Hypersonic 2.plist file with the "property list editor" and added a new key named "Data Path" (String) with value ~/Library/soundpool/Hypersonic2Content.

Are there some other config files under Maverick's?????

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,323moderator
    stratty wrote: »
    I tried this without any success. I edited the Hypersonic 2.plist file with the "property list editor" and added a new key named "Data Path" (String) with value ~/Library/soundpool/Hypersonic2Content.

Did you make sure the plist file saved properly? If you close down the plist editor and open the plist up, is the path name still in there? Also, are you sure that's the correct value to set - have people verified that setting works on older operating systems?
  • Reply 2 of 2

hypersonic 2 call me my google number is 405-771-0196 KT