Apple releases iOS 8.1.2 with fixes for missing iTunes ringtones

Comments

• Reply 21 of 80

Upgrades to iPad Mini 2 (Retina), iPhone 6 and iPhone 4s complete with no problems except I did not realize how slow the iPhone 4s was.  After updating/using A7/A8/A8X devices it is hard to go back to what I was really happy with a couple of years ago.

• Reply 22 of 80
    magman1979magman1979 Posts: 1,292member
    Well, finished updated to my 5S and Mini 2 via iTunes, all appears well now! Thanks ?!
  • Reply 23 of 80
    I think it's silly that you need a wifi connection for something that says 28.2 MB OTA , whats up with that?
  • Reply 24 of 80
    no25no25 Posts: 16member
    The update went just fine. I can't believe the wussy that won't update
  • Reply 25 of 80

New app microblogging Winggi: https://itunes.apple.com/app/id941143314

• Reply 26 of 80

Again, Apple really needs to separate iOS updates with the hardware updates and release iOS when it's fully ready and not half-baked & full of bugs as the last two iOS versions have been.

• Reply 27 of 80
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

One thing I'd like to see implemented: Block ads that hijack web pages in Safari for iOS and immediately send the user to the App Store. This happens all the time on regular web sites (not warez, or whatever people call it these days).

This was actually something that was included in early iOS 8 beta release notes, then it was just removed for some reason.  Sucks.  

• Reply 28 of 80
    Downloaded 8.1.2 on iPad Mini Retina Display and iPhone 6 Plus; everything appears to be running smoothly.
  • Reply 29 of 80
    Do they plan to fix the Bluetooth issue I still can't connect a Bluetooth mom my iPhone 5 or even on my dads iPhone 6
  • Reply 30 of 80
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    philboogie wrote: »
    FINALLY they fixed the Select Copy Paste issue on my iPhone. So, going to update my iPads now as well.

How is it improved?

After upgrading from 7 to 8.0 this fall it took several tries to be able to select a word by a press-and-hold. The pop up simply disappeared after a few milliseconds, and when you were finally able to select a word the popup for a Copy also disappeared time and time again. I read on this site a s well as a few others that there were more people with this issue. You haven't experienced this?
  • Reply 31 of 80
    malaxmalax Posts: 1,598member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by no25 View Post

The update went just fine. I can't believe the wussy that won't update

Depends on what you use your iPhone for and what your risk tolerance is.  If your iPhone is your professional lifeline and you can't afford to be off-line for a few hours, you'd be nuts (or just foolishly risk-tolerant) if you updated your iPhone in the middle of your workday just because it's available.

• Reply 32 of 80
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    After upgrading from 7 to 8.0 this fall it took several tries to be able to select a word by a press-and-hold. The pop up simply disappeared after a few milliseconds, and when you were finally able to select a word the popup for a Copy also disappeared time and time again. I read on this site a s well as a few others that there were more people with this issue. You haven't experienced this?

This is fixed? Woo hoo! Do you know if they fixed copying image urls?
  • Reply 33 of 80
    mehran wrote: »
    This is all nice and dandy... BUT PLEASE FIX THE WIFI ISSUE ON OS X

Describe the situation, including equipment used to allow for Wi-Fi communication.

Is this an issues of the client [OS X] not connecting, performing unsatisfactorily within an access point, etc.
  • Reply 34 of 80
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    rogifan wrote: »

This is fixed? Woo hoo! Do you know if they fixed copying image urls?

Well it works just fine now on my iPhone. Haven't tried it yet on my iPad, and the iPad im typing on right now still needs to be updated. Anyhow, I'm not sure if I understand you correctly: when I press and hold on an image I get the familiar popup with the familiar choices (Open Open in new tap Add to reading list Save image Copy Cancel) so obviously you mean an URL as plain text, correct? That works at my end as well: press and hold, tap select, move sliders and select Copy.
  • Reply 35 of 80
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    Well it works just fine now on my iPhone. Haven't tried it yet on my iPad, and the iPad im typing on right now still needs to be updated. Anyhow, I'm not sure if I understand you correctly: when I press and hold on an image I get the familiar popup with the familiar choices (Open Open in new tap Add to reading list Save image Copy Cancel) so obviously you mean an URL as plain text, correct? That works at my end as well: press and hold, tap select, move sliders and select Copy.

Nope, image url copy still doesn't work. If I long press an image I get two options: Save Image and Copy. Copy doesn't do anything so it's obviously not copying anything.
  • Reply 36 of 80
    gtrgtr Posts: 3,231member

This update does not address, what I consider to be, a fairly serious issue with Photostream.

I turned off the iCloud Photo Library (Beta) because of the inability to stop ONLY videos from uploading.

This was important to me for two reasons:

1). I only have a standard 5 GB account and didn't want to have all that taken up by the occasional casual video that I have a tendency to take from time to time.

2). Every time it uploaded photos and videos it would utilise almost 100% of my internet bandwidth, causing my whole internet experience to come to a shuddering, wheezing mess of a crawl. You can forget about watching streamed movies on your Apple TV or anything else when it does one of these uploads in the background.

Unfortunately, utilising the original Photostream method instead of iCloud Photo Library brought it's own problems as well as there is a bug that causes Photostream photos to be deleted if the original images are deleted from the Camera Roll on the original device.

How this got past beta testing I have no idea.

This behaviour never used to occur and their are numerous complaints from others on various support forums who mention experiencing the same thing.

I suspect this is related to Apple's decision to re-instate Camera Roll after it's removal in iOS 8.

It still occurs with this update.

The only other issues that I've noticed previously with iOS 8 is the text selection issue mentioned earlier (supposedly fixed), 'Multitasking Gestures' regularly turning itself off (a shame, as I frequently use the 'Five-Finger-Point-Palm-Exploding-Heart' technique to exit Safari and others apps to return to the Home screen), and the 'Change with Buttons' sound option frequently failing to adjust the volume and having to be toggled off/on to get it working again (this issue has actually been occurring for years). I am unsure yet whether these last two issues are addressed by this update.

Fingers crossed, I guess.

• Reply 37 of 80
    gtrgtr Posts: 3,231member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mdriftmeyer View Post

Describe the situation, including equipment used to allow for Wi-Fi communication.

Is this an issues of the client [OS X] not connecting, performing unsatisfactorily within an access point, etc.

Are you aware if Apple still utilises information submitted through www.apple.com/feedback to address future software updates?

• Reply 38 of 80

I have a MacbookPro with multiple screen watching various charts updating automatically and suddenly without notice I realize the chart data is not updating or when I click on a website the information does not show up fast.  I often think it might be just a slow site or the net is clogged up and after a few more seconds I check the Wifi icon and notice it is inactive.

I have to disable WIFI and enable WIFI and I am back withins seconds.  The recent patch improve the situation but it is still happening about 5-10 times a day.  I have not been able to figure a common routine but it keeps happening.

I have bluetooth mouse, keyboard, iphone, ipad, etc...

• Reply 39 of 80
    darkvaderdarkvader Posts: 1,146member

AVOID INSTALLING THIS YET!!!

The jailbreak hasn't been updated for it, beware!

• Reply 40 of 80
    jupiteronejupiterone Posts: 1,564member
    rogifan wrote: »
    Nope, image url copy still doesn't work. If I long press an image I get two options: Save Image and Copy. Copy doesn't do anything so it's obviously not copying anything.

When I select Copy on an image, I can paste the image in a Pages document, so it is copying something. I don't know how to copy the URL of an image, except maybe from the address bar. I haven't applied the update yet on my iPhone 6.