Leading Android fansite recommends Apple Inc iPad Air 2 as best tablet in holiday gift guide

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 67

Can someone who uses Android devices not also like or recommend an iPad? This site seems to think that some people don't or can't enjoy both platforms and can only use one or the other.

• Reply 62 of 67
    <p>Can someone who uses Android devices not also like or recommend an iPad? This site seems to think that some people don't or can't enjoy both platforms and can only use one or the other.</p>
    I enjoy both sides but I'm not a fanboi. Just a technophile, if it's shiny I want. If I can get the purchase passed my wife I'll have lol
  • Reply 63 of 67
    paul94544paul94544 Posts: 1,027member

How is this possible, you mean it comes with malware? and backdoors?

San Francisco security firm Bluebox Labs recently warned that after testing a dozen Black Friday bargain Android tablets from major retailers including Amazon, Best Buy, Kmart, Kohl's, Staples, Target and Walmart, it found "shocking" security flaws, malware and active backdoors installed on the new devices.

• Reply 64 of 67

I think it's in poor faith for posters here to be making snide remarks and badmouthing the opposing platform when one of the leading sites there has recommended an Apple product.

The iPad Air 2 is clearly a spectacular product. There isn't currently the knockout on the other side of the fence like there was with the Nexus 7 in 2012, and that harms the Android tablet scene right now. With that being said, both platforms are making big strides in usability and customer experience. Lollipop is fantastic, and iOS 8 has introduced many of the features that have been lacking for a long time, like keyboards and some form of sharing (although it still trails Android's Intents feature) - competition is good, progress is better, and luckily there are options on both sides of the fence for mobile users. 

• Reply 65 of 67
    This is what Apple fanbots fail to understand: Android fans like myself know the iPad is superior to every Android tablet. The reality is, though, BARELY. We choose the slightly inferior device for reasons like: Google Now is superior if you want a real search assistant; if you live in the Google universe the integration is seamless; the ability to customize and personalize; and, last but not least,price.

I use my Nexus 7 tablet for video watching, reading magazines, and surfing the net. Why would I pay hundreds of dollars more for a barely better device?

For me, it comes down to this: I'm not a brand whore. In fact, I go out of my way not to have the exact same device as everyone else that looks the same way, acts the same way, and has limitations that some corporate overlord put upon it because that's the way HE preferred it.

Apple is long past cool and innovative, and are basically riding their reputation. Android devices have already reach parity on the phones. It is one year -- tops two -- before it takes over on tablets, too.
  • Reply 66 of 67
    The main issue with Apple's tablets and computers are their prices. Even on sale now (http://tabletmonkeys.com/december-tablet-deals-2014/) Apple's products are just sooo expensive compared to its competition. Apple also doesn't offer a whole lot of free services, compared to, say Samsung or Microsoft.
  • Reply 67 of 67
    Leading Android fansite recommends Apple Inc iPad Air 2 as best tablet in holiday gift guide i love and like apple only thanx for this info.Hulu plus Apk Download Blackmart Alpha Apk