AppleInsider/Adorama tie in?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited December 2014
New to the forums - but on 11/26 based on ads and threads here promoting discounted pricing for iMac 27" Retina 5k - i placed an order (BTO) with Adorama from AI link.

Their website did not show items backordered and no order updates since placing the order. They keep telling me Apple won't provide them an ETA. I thought any large VAR purchasing so much product from a vendor could expect updates of some kind re: ship dates.

i don't think Adorama will ship my order until well after the first of the year - although from Apple I can get it in 1 to 2 weeks. Can anyone who has ever dealt with Adorama give their impressions. I am having issues with their "process". Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Quote:

Originally Posted by wxchaser View Post

New to the forums - but on 11/26 based on ads and threads here promoting discounted pricing for iMac 27" Retina 5k - i placed an order (BTO) with Adorama from AI link.

Their website did not show items backordered and no order updates since placing thevorder. They keep telling me Apple won't provide them an ETA. I thought any large VAR purchasing so much product from a vendor could expect updates of some kind re: ship dates.

i don't think Adorama will ship my order until well after the first if the year - although from Apple I can get it in 1 to 2 weeks. Can anyone who has ever dealt with Adorama give their impressions. I am having issues with their "process". Thanks for any help.

That's odd, because from what I'm seeing, it's in stock! Can you please email me: [email protected] with your order confirmation number and I'll be pleased to check it out for you.

• Reply 2 of 4

Well - I was wrong.  Even after calling and emailing them, they had no idea when my items would be shipped.

While traveling today I got email confirmation of them packing my shipments, and it is being shipped out 3 day UPS. 

I like Adorama other than the convuluted process of order shipment/tracking. Being unfamiliar with them as an Apple reseller didn't really calm my nerves.

So those ordering from Adorama using the special pricing from here - you will probably get what you ordered sooner than you anticipated.

• Reply 3 of 4

Adorama shipment arrived late yesterday.

• Reply 4 of 4
    I only shopped at Adorama due to it being on apple insider because I trust apple insider.  My experience with adorama was pretty underwhelming.  I bought a product that came with a $25 rebate.  it looks like their plan is to make getting the rebate so damn difficult that you give up and they pocket the money.  That sort of crap pisses me off.  So no more adorama for me.  Plenty of other retailers with good prices and better service.  Apple insider should considering dropping adorama before it starts hurting their reputation.