'iPod iTunes' anti-trust lawsuit loses last standing plaintiff [update: motion to dismiss denied]

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 48
    malaxmalax Posts: 1,598member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Arlor View Post

"We" clearly doesn't include the judge. Should judges just consult the AI community whenever a case involving Apple comes up? I don't think that will fly as a legal principle.

It would save a lot of time though.

• Reply 42 of 48
    maestro64maestro64 Posts: 5,043member

The Apple's Lawyers should turn over this Law Firm to the IRS to see if they wrote those devices off their taxes as business expense along with all the other purchase this lady was making on a business CC and claiming they were for personal use.

The IRS will have field day with these guys they love going after law firms for tax fraud.

• Reply 43 of 48
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    Clearly the potential plaintiffs include Walt Disney, Mickey Mouse, Elmer Fudd, etc.
  • Reply 44 of 48
    Originally Posted by boredumb View Post

And I happen to agree with you on the merits", but I'm not willing to overturn the legal system to glorify my opinion.

You’re already overturning it by being in favor of a lawsuit WITH NO PLAINTIFFS.

• Reply 45 of 48
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Maestro64 View Post

The Apple's Lawyers should turn over this Law Firm to the IRS to see if they wrote those devices off their taxes as business expense along with all the other purchase this lady was making on a business CC and claiming they were for personal use.

The IRS will have field day with these guys they love going after law firms for tax fraud.

Now THAT would be something.

I still want to see the case go through and have Apple win (as they said, "on the merits"). To see some karma go back to the law firm would just be the icing on the cake.

• Reply 46 of 48
    maestro64 wrote: »

The IRS already collected the taxes, the real issue is about them trying to fraudulently fleece Apple.
  • Reply 47 of 48
    elehcdnelehcdn Posts: 388member

Well, it's not like there is anything else going on in the courts ... :grumble: If this was a criminal case, would it even make it past a Grand Jury?

• Reply 48 of 48
    Well of course the Apple lawyers don't want to dismiss. They get paid by the hour too.