Question for FERRO.

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
what do you do your graphics work in? for some reason i'm thinking it's appleworks? is this so? or is it photoshop... cuz if it is appleworks that's some brilliant paint brush skillz

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    ferroferro Posts: 453member
    Wow, thats direct...

Yes I work in Appleworks... I used to have claris works... I liked it better... Most of the time I have to find other ways of doing things* inside appleworks... by "trackpad" things arent as easy as they could be... sometimes I work pixel by pixel... which is to say the least not easy... time consuming... Most times I use colors from my other pictures becuase Appleworks available colors are limited...

what picture where you refering to...?

Because some of my pictures are "patchworks" from my other art prototypes pictures... using some of the methods above... but I have gotten alot of praise on general appleworks stuff that surprises me to no end...

*-like using strech and other effects to get things to work, pixel by pixel, tint, line cutting while color inverted, etc... time I guess is the most used effect... I do have alot of My old art I have made that I take edges, etc from... like my images of the next possible G5 enclosures are ALL from the "same picture!" All I was doing was re-arranging the edges of the picture and cut and pasting the insides... its amazing what you can do with a little bit of spatial awareness... Alot of my pictures are extrapolations(patchworks) of my earlier prototypes...

Although... I dont limit myself purely to self extrapolation... things like the twenty fifth anniversary iPad thing isnt my image... but the desktop on it with the 25th anniversary backgroung took forever to do by hand in appleworks... beacause I did it full size, so it would look good when i streched it down to fit inside the iPad... (It is an appleworks edit from the original desktop images for the TAM...) but you are correct in the fact that i use appleworks to do the art...

------------------------------------

© FERRO 2001-2002

[ 03-17-2002: Message edited by: FERRO ]</p>
  • Reply 2 of 5
    serranoserrano Posts: 1,806member
    WOW

i really enjoy your designs, very clean

[ 03-17-2002: Message edited by: janitor ]</p>
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Well, Thanks...

I appreciate your comments....

© FERRO 2001-2002
  • Reply 4 of 5
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    To date, how many different signature pictures have you created?
  • Reply 5 of 5
    hehehe...

I only have 58... on my iDisk in no perticular order...

I have 189 sigpictures in my sigpics folder on my computer... that I havent finished or uploaded to my iDisk yet...

You can look thru them by changing the numbers at the end of the url but they are nothing special...

I know I could make more, but i just havent felt like making any more for a while...

but I usually make one whenever the need presents itself...

© FERRO 2001-2002

[ 03-18-2002: Message edited by: FERRO ]</p>