How to start an iOS 8 Family Sharing account to share apps, music, movies & more

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 63

Bump for the being in the same situation as desktop_caddy's.

If I start family sharing on each device, do I have to re-download the songs of choice on each device's own iTunes? What about apps? Would I have to re-download all the chosen apps on each device?

I don't want to create a monster that will take days of reconfiguring and figuring out.

• Reply 62 of 63
    spwongrs wrote: »
    Bump for the being in the same situation as desktop_caddy's.

If I start family sharing on each device, do I have to re-download the songs of choice on each device's own iTunes? What about apps? Would I have to re-download all the chosen apps on each device?

I don't want to create a monster that will take days of reconfiguring and figuring out.

Unlikely. Just cross your fingers and go for it.
  • Reply 63 of 63
    iaeen wrote: »
    No. Households tend to live in the same country.

It's called Family Sharing, not household sharing, so it should be applicable to the most common families that use iOS, not only to the typical households. Family members often live in different countries, with a strong desire to share content especially when the physical distance constitutes an obstacle to sharing. After all, what's the point of being digital if you have to bow to the logics of the physical world?