Overwhelming iPhone 6 & 6 Plus demand continues to result in tighter supply for Apple than 2013

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 31
    tbelltbell Posts: 3,146member
    asdasd wrote: »
    3-5 business days is what I saw when I went online to buy from a local carrier. Which is fine, but you still can't walk in and get them.

It depends on the carrier and model. About 6 weeks ago I walked in a T-Mobile store and bought a 6 plus 16 gb.
  • Reply 22 of 31
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by 512ke View Post

Gene Munster predicted that AAPL at 730 would go to 1,000 (pre split) but instead the stock got cut down to nearly half its value.

You gotta hear his words with a great deal of caution and skepticism.

The task is simple. Take the word of the analyst who most closely matches your personal bias and you’ll be okay. No need to use caution or skepticism. 

• Reply 23 of 31
    macvicta wrote: »
    I decided to finally get an iPhone 6. The network I was with said they wouldn't have the one I want until December 26th, so I ported my number out to another that had a very small supply left. When I want something I want it now.

Sweet! I must have gotten lucky. All that my carrier had left were 128Gb 6's when I checked the day after release. I thought about it for a nanosecond (after all, I was only expecting to buy the 32Gb)... then I bought it. I use it so much can you believe I'm already halfway through using up its storage?
  • Reply 24 of 31

Count me as part of that overwhelming demand. I was going to hold off until after the holiday peak, or even until the S model, but a Samsung update just bricked my phone so hard I can't even write a new OS to the internal memory. So onward to the Plus I go, a little earlier than expected!

• Reply 25 of 31
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,384member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Fuzzypaws View Post

Count me as part of that overwhelming demand. I was going to hold off until after the holiday peak, or even until the S model, but a Samsung update just bricked my phone so hard I can't even write a new OS to the internal memory. So onward to the Plus I go, a little earlier than expected!

Can't wait to drop my POS Nexus 5.  These are only in the past couple days. Reboot it several times a wk, and get these on a constant basis.

Camera fails at the worst times.

• Reply 26 of 31
    hentaiboyhentaiboy Posts: 1,252member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by GTR View Post

And in related news, Apple has just patented the word "MegaBajillion" which they intend to use in their next quarterly announcement of iPhone sales figures.

One MegaBajillion Dollars!!!

• Reply 27 of 31
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,384member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by highflyingbull View Post

so are ipads, demands outstripped supply so much that ipads sold 12m last quarter.

..which is far more than any other tablet on the planet. 

It's clear that the update patterns for iPads are not the same as iPhones, for obvious reasons. They're between notebooks and phones. People are not compelled to updated every 1-2 yrs, as they are almost guaranteed to do with a phone. iPad sales are still fantastic, when compared to everything else out there. My iPad Air 2 is my favorite device out of everything I own. An absolute pleasure to use. 

• Reply 28 of 31
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Slurpy View Post

Can't wait to drop my POS Nexus 5.  These are only in the past couple days. Reboot it several times a wk, and get these on a constant basis.

I think your Nexus 5 is pissed off with you because of your love for Apple.

I am pretty surprised you'd be using a Nexus 5 rather than an earlier model of the iPhone. 

However, now that I know you have been to the dark side, I'll respect your opinions a lot more.

• Reply 29 of 31

I finally got my 128GB iPhone 6 Plus and am totally blown away by it! The screen is just gorgeous. With the power button on the side and the Reachability feature, I have been able to use it pretty well with one hand.

I have been splurging on the App Store with stuff like Workflow and CarrotFit and have started moving all my music into it - finally retiring my iPod Classic. It was worth the wait!!

• Reply 30 of 31

Congratulations !!

• Reply 31 of 31
    Overwhelming demand or production shortages? The data above is very misleading. I've been trying to get the 128GB version of either the 6 or 6 Plus from my local Apple Store since it launched back in Sept to no avail. They are constantly out of stock. The data above must be for the 16GB version. If they can make enough of the 16GB versions why don't they shift production to the 128GB versions instead.