Apple issues Safari 8.0.3, 7.1.3 and 6.2.3 betas to developers with bug fixes, general improvements

Posted:
in Mac Software edited December 2014
Apple on Wednesday seeded new Safari beta builds to developers, including Safari 8.0.3 for OS X Yosemite, Safari 7.1.3 for Mavericks and 6.2.3 for Mountain Lion, with improvements to browser extensions and more.

The latest Safari builds come less than one week following Apple's release of Safari 8.0.2, which brought fixes for a number of issues related to Web page viewing history syncing and various bugs related to iCloud Keychain.

With the new builds, Apple is asking developers to concentrate on extension compatibility, Password AutoFill and HTML5 video playback for "popular video sites." Other focus areas include editing bookmarks in the Favorites Bar and Bookmarks Sidebar, website notifications and using Web Inspector during website debugging activities.

Developers can download Safari 8.0.3 for OS X Yosemite, Safari 7.1.3 for OS X Mavericks and 6.2.3 for OS X Mountain Lion through Apple's developer portal.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 13
    I'm kind of surprised Apple continues to support Mountain Lion. There weren't any machines that could run ML but not Mavericks.
  • Reply 2 of 13
    Hope they fixed the Safari back button
  • Reply 3 of 13
    asciiascii Posts: 5,936member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TheWhiteFalcon View Post

I'm kind of surprised Apple continues to support Mountain Lion. There weren't any machines that could run ML but not Mavericks.

Me too, I thought the rule was that they only supported the current release and the previous one. But since they increased the frequency of releases to annually, maybe they modified the policy to the current release and the two previous ones.

• Reply 4 of 13
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ascii View Post

Me too, I thought the rule was that they only supported the current release and the previous one. But since they increased the frequency of releases to annually, maybe they modified the policy to the current release and the two previous ones.

They had been doing that way (Actually, after Mavericks they were supporting four releases at once, since Snow Leopard kept support until April 2014) for a while, but like I said, there weren't any machines cut off between ML and Mavericks.

• Reply 5 of 13
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by indiekiduk View Post

Everybody else’s works fine. Why not fix your screwed up installation instead of making stupid claims.

• Reply 6 of 13

Originally Posted by lkrupp View Post

Everybody else’s works fine. Why not fix your screwed up installation instead of making stupid claims.

I’d ask what’s wrong with it first.

Originally Posted by indiekiduk View Post

What’s wrong with it?

• Reply 7 of 13
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by indiekiduk View Post

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

I’d ask what’s wrong with it first.

What’s wrong with it?

I am more than tired of his kind of post. He makes a statement of fact as if everybody knows what he is talking about. What is he expecting as a response? It’s utter nonsense to make this post. If you search the Safari forums in the Apple discussion forums with “Safari back button” you get a few results from 2006 - 2010. If you Google the term you get basically nothing within the last few years. So what ever he’s talking about it AIN’T an issue for Safari or Apple to fix. But these types never think for themselves, they just sit back and wait for Apple to ‘fix’ it... and make stupid posts about it.

• Reply 8 of 13
    asciiascii Posts: 5,936member

There are some websites where the back button doesn't work. I think the web developers do some HTML trickery such that if you click back it immediately hits a redirect page that sends you forward again. But such tricks probably work on all browsers, unless other browsers have put specific workarounds in.

• Reply 9 of 13
    Quote:

Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

...Developers can download Safari 8.0.3 for OS X Yosemite, Safari 7.1.3 for OS X Mavericks and 6.2.3 for OS X Mountain Lion through Apple's developer portal.

Contrary to what is said above if you are a registered (pay $99/yr) developer that might have hypothetically downloaded a newer Yosemite 10.10.2 seed (if such a thing really exists) you would probably have 8.0.3 installed. You would probably find the 'ever useful release notes' for said same release available if you are a collector of such.

• Reply 10 of 13
    I thought they were still supporting Lion as well.
  • Reply 11 of 13
    zabazaba Posts: 226member
    The last safari lost the top menu on my second monitor, it is fixed to the main monitor but as invisible but active on my second monitor. Works fine for other apps though,
  • Reply 12 of 13
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,727member
    zaba wrote: »
    The last safari lost the top menu on my second monitor, it is fixed to the main monitor but as invisible but active on my second monitor. Works fine for other apps though,

Did you try toggling 'Hide Menu' under the 'View' menu? Sometimes after an update I've seen this get turned off and also the 'Hide Favorites' get turned on. First time it happened to me both these occurred I thought WTF .. then realized what was going on! LOL
  • Reply 13 of 13
    zabazaba Posts: 226member

It is not the toolbar its the top menu bar that doesn't appear when on second monitor.