Led by Whole Foods shoppers, Apple Pay accounted for 1% of digital payment dollars in November

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 53
    flaneur wrote: »
    solipsismy wrote: »
    1) I think he believes that about Cook.

2) His anti-Cook comment may be rooted in Cook's homosexuality and/or he's simply not coping with Jobs death well (as I've seen with other people that honestly feel Apple is no longer Apple without Jobs). It's certainly not because Cook is more weasally than Jobs. Cook is one of the most candid CEO I've heard (T-Mobile US CEO John J. Legere tops that list). Jobs doesn't even come close, but that's probably because he's a showman. Jobs was certainly direct and forceful but he was always using misdirects and was certainly not the most moral person by my measure. I believe both want the same from Apple but if I had to put my trust in either person to do the right thing it would be Cook… and, yet, I'd want to meet Jobs before Cook.

3) You made another personal attack by calling him a stupid person. We all make stupid comments and stupid decisions. That doesn't make us stupid people (or it makes us all stupid people).

Your second point is correct. I absent-mindedly slid from your "his positions are" stupid to my loose association of his remarks with his intelligence. Guilty as charged.

Good to see you acknowledging your guilt.

We all make mistakes, even we Brits, hard though it may be to believe sometimes.
  • Reply 42 of 53
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jungmark View Post

Apple can't force people to upgrade to the 6/6+. 

it certainly seems that way. (via mind control...  looking at all the 'Just hurry up and Take My Money' posts;-) )

Quote:

Apple also can't build 30 MM iPhones per month.

But it appears they are on the brink of making 20MM a month (granted there may be a few million iPhone 5s's in that mix).

30MM is a likely goal for next year;-)

Now... a bit of simple math.

With a billion plus smartphones.  Let's assume 12M is 1% of all smartphones.  My guess Apple is building 12M 6's a MONTH.   Every month you're turning over 1% of the smart phone market to the iPhone 6.  assuming a slowdown in the summer Apple should be at 10% by this time next year.

Next year that will be probably 18MM 6/6s/+/+s(dreaming!).  50% growth YoY for  for a total of 25% of the market by End of 2016.   

My guess is Apple will be happy with that.  because then the big players will have to play, and it will snowball (Square won't be in Walmart, or Target).   At that point, Game over.

• Reply 43 of 53
    richlrichl Posts: 2,213member
    People in this thread need to learn the difference between a troll (someone who says stupid things to get a reaction of people) and a loud-mouth idiot (someone who says stupid things because they're stupid).
  • Reply 44 of 53
    wigbywigby Posts: 692member
    rogifan wrote: »
    I tried using ?Pay at Office Max but the transaction was denied. Why don't these places disable NFC if they're not going to support it.

charlituna wrote: »
    Staples has been officially supporting Apple Pay for the last month. But as not everyone has an iPhone 6/6+ there were still plenty of potential victims. As there will be at Whole Foods etc

I think the point is that it's not possible for those that used Apple Pay at Staples to be included in any fraud statistics unless their banks were somehow directly hacked. When other retailers realize this, they will adopt ApplePay even faster.
  • Reply 45 of 53
    wigbywigby Posts: 692member
    richl wrote: »
    People in this thread need to learn the difference between a troll (someone who says stupid things to get a reaction of people) and a loud-mouth idiot (someone who says stupid things because they're stupid).

Do we really care about the difference? They both elicit the same response.
  • Reply 46 of 53
    Whole Foods still make you sign even if you use Apple Pay, which is very odd. Or at least the store in Brooklyn does.
  • Reply 47 of 53
    iaeeniaeen Posts: 588member
    zoolook wrote: »
    Whole Foods still make you sign even if you use Apple Pay, which is very odd. Or at least the store in Brooklyn does.

I think it is tied to how much you are paying. I've used Apple Pay at Whole Foods twice. Once, I had to sign (>$100), second time I didn't (~$30).

I believe it is either the store or the banks clinging to the fantasy that signatures make it more secure.
  • Reply 48 of 53
    malaxmalax Posts: 1,598member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SolipsismY View Post

3) You made another personal attack by calling him a stupid person. We all make stupid comments and stupid decisions. That doesn't make us stupid people (or it makes us all stupid people).

Oh come on.  I agree that it's lazy to call someone stupid based on one or two stupid statements, but I don't have a problem calling someone stupid if they consistently make idiotic comments.  Using your logic, no one is ever a troll, they just make trollish comments.  

In fact, I think it's pretty well understood that calling someone "stupid" is the same as saying "that person says (or does) a lot of stupid things" rather than meaning "that person is literally mentally handicapped."

• Reply 49 of 53
    bageljoey wrote: »
    I would love to use my iPhone for all my in store transactions. Unfortunately, I just don't shop at many places where it is accepted. When I am in RiteAid or Best Buy, I make a point to initiate an ApplePay transaction. They are always denied, but I imagine if there are enough, they might notice.
    I also make it a point to educate the sales person if it isn't busy. They often say something like "yeah, iPhones don't work here." I make sure to let them know it is their store and not the phone that is at fault...
  • Reply 50 of 53

There have been some rumblings that Apple Pay may be introduced in India. That has me excited.

While I have never seen an NFC terminal in any shop I've been to in India, I assume online payments will support Apple Pay. If that does happen, it'll be really neat.

• Reply 51 of 53
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SolipsismY View Post

3) You made another personal attack by calling him a stupid person

From reading the original post I don't think he does that at all.  In fact he very deliberately doesn't call him stupid, using "no" and "but" to back away from that judgement.

Not that anyone would blame him.

• Reply 52 of 53
    I was able to use Apple pay at Sprouts Market for the first time today. Hooray !!! Shifting more and more purchases to retailers who take Apple Pay -- dropping those that don't.

Kroger's/Ralphs better wake up
  • Reply 53 of 53
    I wish my bank would get on board with ApplePay smh