Watch ABC Apple TV channel update brings full episode viewing for all users

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 23
    D* never revises services mid-contract. Only content providers bright enough to look ahead and include provisions for a Web channel get it. Bloomberg, NBCSN, for example.

Saying that, excepting a small portion of local news from so-called local ABC channel, I watch zero from ABC.
  • Reply 22 of 23

"Actually, the sooner TV studios, Hollywood, etc. grasp the idea of the Internet being international and releasing content simultaneously everywhere, the sooner they'll stop losing out to the rest of the world illegally downloading content because it's not available in their country."

Indeed! I would be willing to bet that the U.S. represents much less than half of the potential audience for entertainment content worldwide. I don't like to using pirated material because I think it ultimately harms the authors and leads to a degredation in quality. But the fact that the protective practices of providers has as a reaction illegal downloading tends to show that protectionism is ultimately self-defeating.

?I think iTunes is a great example of how to deal with this: have content widely available at low cost. I just pre-bought the HD version of Downton Abbey Season 5 on iTunes for less than Amazon sells the BluRay disks. I am buying just the content, not the packaging. It also happens to be more environmentally sensible too - less plastic, less transportation and less depletion of finite resources.

• Reply 23 of 23

Please don't get the idea that I am upset that I can't watch ABC. I can - on regular cable for now. But I don't. I watch almost no traditional network TV at all except for some news channels. 

I guess I am really complaining about having to read the fine print to get anything close to the truth.