ipod and bluetooth

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
not many people are talking about the new ipod and the bluetooth.

i don't know much about bluetooth stuff. any one care to comment on it?

ipod wise, i am not positive or negatice towards it. it's good that they introduced a 10gig version but people will complain about the cost. the engraving i don't give a shit about.

what would bother most people is that the price of the current ipod did not get lowered. apple's already going to loose money this quarter and they can't afford to cut their margins.

what do people think??

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    [quote]Originally posted by Max8319:

<strong>not many people are talking about the new ipod and the bluetooth.

i don't know much about bluetooth stuff. any one care to comment on it?

ipod wise, i am not positive or negatice towards it. it's good that they introduced a 10gig version but people will complain about the cost. the engraving i don't give a shit about.

what would bother most people is that the price of the current ipod did not get lowered. apple's already going to loose money this quarter and they can't afford to cut their margins.

what do people think??</strong><hr></blockquote>

you keep saying apple is going to lose money this quarter as if you know this for fact... how do you know?

All their product lines have seen recent updates. iBook sales are great. iMac sales are exceeding spply. PowerMacs were updated in January and seem to be back at healthy levels. And Powerbook sales seem normal. Add on to that iPod sales and I don't see how you can say a loss is such a fact
  • Reply 2 of 6
    max8319max8319 Posts: 347member
    i'm sorry. i've probably over-stated it. i thought i saw an article on maccentral from an market analyst/whatever that said that apple was going to be in the red, atleast a little bit. from that and the fact that they aren't shipping enough imacs to offset startup costs and because of rising parts prices and the fact that apple has raised the prices on imacs; if you put 2+2 together, you can see that it's probably going to be a close quarter.

back to topic, are you getting the 10gig ipod? you had mentioned you were waiting for one
  • Reply 3 of 6
    neutrino23neutrino23 Posts: 1,561member
    At the keynote Steve said they have shipped 125,000 of the new iMacs and 90% of those were sold through resellers. It seems that the "problem" they have is that demand is so huge.

I haven't heard that the expensive HD used in iPods has dropped in price. Why should Apple drop their price if their costs haven't gone down?
  • Reply 4 of 6
    max8319max8319 Posts: 347member
    whatever man. if i'm wrong, i'm wrong. i can accept that.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    scarecrowscarecrow Posts: 148member
    Heh...

Apple's Stock just nose dived today....

• Reply 6 of 6
    flounderflounder Posts: 2,674member
    [quote]Originally posted by SCARECROW:

<strong>Heh...

Apple's Stock just nose dived today....

</strong><hr></blockquote>

Well, the market is about to close and the stock is currently at 24.27 down about .65

I would hardly call that a nose dive.

Someone from JP morgan dropped their expectations, to .06 per share from .11 pershare, but still definetly in the black