Samsung shutters flagship retail 'Experience Store' in London

Comments

• Reply 41 of 76
    What makes (made) it the flagship store I wonder?
    Rough time to call it quits

The delusion that their products are worth the retail space.
  • Reply 42 of 76
    jcallows wrote: »
    where will those samsung smart guys go?

Well, they already have blue shirts...
    (as part of samsung's Apple-look-alike strategy)
  • Reply 43 of 76
    What makes (made) it the flagship store I wonder?
    Rough time to call it quits

The delusion that their products are worth the retail space.

Apparently the same for MIcrosoft. What I still find amazing is how incredibly well the Apple stores are doing.. in spite of what every pundit said... Tiffany can't even sell enough diamonds and rubies to make as much per square foot as an average Apple store.

I mention Microsoft since their stores (those still open) are doing poorly. This was the do or die season for some Microcrud products.
  • Reply 44 of 76
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by monstrosity View Post

There can be only one Apple. Go back to making dishwashers where you belong.

Actually, they can't even make those without copying... or TVs (LG), or washers & dryers (LG), vacuums (Dyson), cameras (Nikon) etc., etc., etc...

They should just focus on their component business, since that's about the only thing they can do that isn't really copying someone else. 

• Reply 45 of 76
    Apple has a Store at Westgate Stratford strangely omitted from the list. If SAMSUNG can't make money there that does not bode well for them.
  • Reply 46 of 76
    They have one there already not sure how close prcisely so unlikely.
  • Reply 47 of 76
    sog35 wrote: »
    LOL.

one thing Samdung can't copy. Profits.

Bazinga! This is one of the nicest burns I've read in this forum! Niiiiice!
  • Reply 48 of 76
    mark dodel wrote: »
    That's a shame. During the busy Christmas shopping season that was a place people could go for some peace and quiet to be alone.

Hahahahaha! I love it!
  • Reply 49 of 76
    Samsung: Experience the Failure
  • Reply 50 of 76
    mpantone wrote: »
    Wow, packing it in during the peak holiday shopping season..
    That is grim.

Would love to see another "next big thing" commercial right about now. You know, the one with the Samsung geeks pathetically teasing all of the Apple customers lined around the block. Remember that classic?
  • Reply 51 of 76

What an experience!

On another note,

CAN AI PLEASE STOP USING AUTO-PLAY FLASH VIDEOS FOR ADVERTISING?

• Reply 52 of 76
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mark Dodel View Post

facebook hack

That's a shame. During the busy Christmas shopping season that was a place people could go for some peace and quiet to be alone.

You seriously have made my day!!! hahahahaha I love it!

Cool post, gave me a laugh :p

Happy Holidays!

• Reply 53 of 76
    Originally Posted by studiomusic View Post

CAN AI PLEASE STOP USING AUTO-PLAY FLASH VIDEOS FOR ADVERTISING?

What’s Flash? Just uninstall it.

• Reply 54 of 76
    Touché!
  • Reply 55 of 76
    mj webmj web Posts: 918member
    I wonder what Samsung, Microsoft, and Google would do if Apple wasn't there to knock off? Google Search kinda reminds me of DOS.
  • Reply 56 of 76
    asciiascii Posts: 5,936member

It was the ability to get tech support on your computer that helped get the Apple Stores started. I wonder how much of a computer section these stores had and how much of it was mobile.

• Reply 57 of 76
    mj web wrote: »
    I wonder what Samsung, Microsoft, and Google would do if Apple wasn't there to knock off? Google Search kinda reminds me of DOS.
    Google and Microsoft would still make billions in profits in the computer software and search etc sectors.
  • Reply 58 of 76
    mj web wrote: »
    Google and Microsoft would still make billions in profits in the computer software and search etc sectors.

We'd be using Blackberry-style phones with physical keyboards and there would be no iPad or tablet computers.
  • Reply 59 of 76
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    I just saw on Twitter that Flurry Mobile analytics data is showing that for every Samsung device activated Apple has activated 2.8 devices. So either their servers are generating fake data or Apple is going to report the mother of all quarters next month. :smokey:
  • Reply 60 of 76
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,212member
    By the way, there was a good Flurry article I'd read a few months ago. It's a worthwhile read if you're curious who and where they are now and where they came from.
    http://venturebeat.com/2014/07/29/how-the-yahoo-acquisition-saved-flurry-from-an-uncertain-fate-exclusive/