How much would you pay for an "eBook"

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
To me, I'd rather pay the extra money and have the printed version. So, for me, I wouldnt like to pay more than $5-$10 for a downloadable eBook.

While speaking of eBooks, do you people like the concept or is ink on paper more your thing?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    glurxglurx Posts: 1,031member
    I would pay exactly $0.00 for an eBook. Reading books on paper is much easier on the eyes.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    ?5.00 if that mak?$ $?n$??

Ju$t s??ing if th? ?uro w?rk$ on Board$
  • Reply 3 of 4
    I wouldn't pay a dime for an eBook. A year ago at Seybold Boston it was being pushed heavily, and I remember one of the keynote speakers mentioning that, and then slamming the technology. Last I checked, it wasn't a booming business. I think digital textbooks for students is a bigger market.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    mac gurumac guru Posts: 367member
    [quote] Reading books on paper is much easier on the eyes. <hr></blockquote>

Actually many of the new color eBook devices are REAL easy on the eyes... hell it almost looks like paper. My boss bought one the other day ( an RCA REB1100 )

It is soeasy to read on, light, and best of all, when I have lets say, 8 books to read and buy for one of my English Lit. classes I would be able to go online and buy the eBook version for like HALF or more than half the price of the paperback version, and carry all 8 on something the size and weight of one book.

In fact I'm reading "Bag of Bones" right now and it cost me $8 for the eBook version rather than $15 for the paperback. Sure the RCA device is $149 up front but by saving over half the cover price on all my books and not having a TON of paper to lug around it more than pays for itself.

You can find more info on eBook readers <a href="http://12.108.175.91/ebookweb/newsItems/viewDepartment$Resources:+eBook+Hardware"; target="_blank">here</a>

Mac Guru