Samsung shutters flagship retail 'Experience Store' in London

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 76
    mj webmj web Posts: 918member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by singularity View Post

Google and Microsoft would still make billions in profits in the computer software and search etc sectors.

Then let me put it to you this way... I wonder how much money Samsung, Microsoft, and Google would make if they didn't attempt to imitate Apple products which ultimately lose $ for them?

• Reply 62 of 76

People were afraid to go in with Apple fans mob waiting for them around the corner. No wonder it shut down.. :)

• Reply 63 of 76
    mj web wrote: »
    I wonder what Samsung, Microsoft, and Google would do if Apple wasn't there to knock off? Google Search kinda reminds me of DOS.
    Google and Microsoft would still make billions in profits in the computer software and search etc sectors.

We'd be using Blackberry-style phones with physical keyboards and there would be no iPad or tablet computers.
    I would say you are wrong. We all ready know Google were designing an iPhone like phone in parallel to the blackberry style one though with less resources. So a full touch style phone and thus by extension iPad style unit would follow. How they would look and work may be different but we can play what if for every conceivable scenario.
  • Reply 64 of 76
    I wonder what Samsung, Microsoft, and Google would do if Apple wasn't there to knock off? Google Search kinda reminds me of DOS.

We'd be using Blackberry-style phones with physical keyboards and there would be no iPad or tablet computers.
    I would say you are wrong. We all ready know Google were designing an iPhone like phone in parallel to the blackberry style one though with less resources. So a full touch style phone and thus by extension iPad style unit would follow. How they would look and work may be different but we can play what if for every conceivable scenario.

I don't care for your twisting of history.

We all know that Google designed Android on Blackberry specs—ie, phones with physical keyboards—and had to do an abrupt 180 as soon as the iPhone came out.

I'm very glad that I didn't have to suffer the laggy abortion of an OS that was Android, thanks to Steve Jobs and Apple.
  • Reply 65 of 76
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member

We all know that Google designed Android on Blackberry specs—ie, phones with physical keyboards—and had to do an abrupt 180 as soon as the iPhone came out.

I'm very glad that I didn't have to suffer the laggy abortion of an OS that was Android, thanks to Steve Jobs and Apple.

They didn't have to do anything. They quickly saw that the course they were on would lead to failure.
  • Reply 66 of 76

You can carry on and twist reality to suit your own version of history but as we do know that once Google saw what Apple had done with the iPhone they scrapped there BB type phone and moved all resources to the full touch type. The comprimises they made at the start has hurt them ever since but you can carry on believing what you want.
  • Reply 67 of 76

You can carry on and twist reality to suit your own version of history but as we do know that once Google saw what Apple had done with the iPhone they scrapped there BB type phone and moved all resources to the full touch type. The comprimises they made at the start has hurt them ever since but you can carry on believing what you want.

So you have seen sense and agree with me.

Good.
  • Reply 68 of 76

the samsung stores here in korea are well trafficked (showcasing tellys, vacuums, refrigerators, washers, etc.),

but the samsung mobile ones (showing off phones and crap watches only) do not seem to get much traffic.

• Reply 69 of 76
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Benjamin Frost View Post

So you have seen sense and agree with me.

Good.

Mr. Frost is right

http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/161257/googles-reaction-to-apples-iphone-unveiling-were-going-to-have-to-start-over-on-android

• Reply 70 of 76
    maxitmaxit Posts: 222member
    Most Samsung's products don't worth a dedicated store to be sold....
  • Reply 71 of 76
    maxitmaxit Posts: 222member
    richl wrote: »
    Samsung's store was very shiny but it charged full retail. No-one bought from there because several stores in the same mall offered the same products for a lot cheaper.

A very good point.
    Why buy something in a Samsung store when you can easily buy the same product almost everywhere for less?
    There are discounts also on Apple products, in third party stores, but usually prices are more controlled.
  • Reply 72 of 76
    paul94544paul94544 Posts: 1,027member
    eckergus wrote: »
    Hahahahaha! I love it!
    I wondered about that many former Olympic parks and retail are pretty much deserted afterwards.
  • Reply 73 of 76
    Windows user here.

As much as I would like someone to replicate Apple's level of service for Windows machines, Samsung never got it right. So I am happy to see them go. Whenever I had visited the store (Sydney) myself they were rather ignorant, on the brink of being rude at times.
  • Reply 74 of 76
    What an experience!

On another note,
    CAN AI PLEASE STOP USING AUTO-PLAY FLASH VIDEOS FOR ADVERTISING?
    Disable flash then it's quite simple to do
  • Reply 75 of 76

Thanks for sharing useful information.