US government sanctions North Korea for Sony hack as 'The Interview' reigns atop iTunes charts

Comments

• Reply 61 of 138
    mac_dogmac_dog Posts: 1,069member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

There’s no justification for allowing North Korea to continue to exist.

really? what a piece of work you are. how is it wielding all that power from your desktop?

"We’re perpetuating crimes against humanity on the order of the Holodomor here. There’s no justification for allowing North Korea to continue to exist."

clearly, you're in favor of committing crimes against humanity—or you don't realize your above statement is contradictory.

• Reply 62 of 138
    solipsismy wrote: »
    Last couple of nights watched the new Pierce Brosnan and Denzel Washington movies ... both very entertaining IMHO.

Which ones are those?

Let me guess the DW movie: The Equalizer. Perfect check-your-brain-at-the-door action flick with lots of (predictable!) suspense where the good guys win in the end, the kind I totally love.

I plan to watch it again over the weekend, this time on iTunes.

Which PB movie?
  • Reply 63 of 138
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,727member
    You definitely won't be on your death bed thinking, "I wish I would have watched the The Interview."
    Which ones are those?

Latest ones on iTunes movies ... can't remember the titles, both 2014.
  • Reply 64 of 138
    Let me guess the DW movie: The Equalizer. Perfect check-your-brain-at-the-door action flick with lots of (predictable!) suspense where the good guys win in the end, the kind I totally love.

Which PB movie?

LOL yes my wife and I love that type too, dinner and a movie and the good guy wins ... the Pierce Brosnan was a wee bit deeper though. James Bond with brains.
  • Reply 65 of 138

Which PB movie?

The November Man, really good movie in the same class as the Bourne series. I hope they make this into a series.
  • Reply 66 of 138
    solipsismysolipsismy Posts: 5,099member

Which PB movie?

The Equalizer is the only one I could think of but I didn't think it was out on video yet. I see that is available on iTunes Store. I may rent that tonight.

I'd think the Pierce Bronson film is The November Man, which I may or may not have seen. I certainly don't remember it offhand if I did.
  • Reply 67 of 138
    The Equalizer is the only one I could think of but I didn't think it was out on video yet. I see that is available on iTunes Store. I may rent that tonight.

I'd think the Pierce Bronson film is The November Man, which I may or may not have seen. I certainly don't remember it offhand if I did.

Yes and yes, both well worth the $s, especially with my new surround sound system :)
  • Reply 68 of 138
    solipsismysolipsismy Posts: 5,099member
    The November Man, really good movie in the same class as the Bourne series. I hope they make this into a series.

Yes and yes, both well worth the $s, especially with my new surround sound system :)

I just checked. I did watch The November Man all the way through. I clearly found it very forgettable. Now I think the Bourne series is good cat and mouse film with lots of cleverness. I'm glad that the next one will have Jason Bourne in it.
  • Reply 69 of 138
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SockRolid View Post

Saw the 12 noon Xmas day showing at a local art house.

Exercised my right to spend disposable income on decadent bourgeois entertainment.

You imperialist running lackey dog, you.

• Reply 70 of 138
    Heck you took your sweet time, here am I trying to remain above the frey waiting for you to strike :)

I find myself signing onto AI just to read the TS latest rant. Do you think AI employ him as click bait?
  • Reply 71 of 138
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleZilla View Post

Sanction China. China keeps North Korea alive as a drain on our economy.

Let China have Korea. Withdraw our troops from Korea and save billions of taxpayer dollars each year.

Maybe then this useless Congress will spend some money on our crumbling infrastructure.

giant problem is that no one in the south will want that to happen. if it does- your chip and battery prices might go sky high. it is the u.s. that keeps china alive by buying all their shit and having them manufacture everything. there is a reason the u.s. is not doing so well- manufacturing is way down. countries that manufacture items almost always do well (german and china come to mind first).

and sanction china? what will that do? china owns a lot of u.s. debt and there is a lot of trade between the two countries (mostly going to u.s., not to china). there is a lot of money in china, sanctioning them will not do much and will hurt the u.s. first.

• Reply 72 of 138
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JBDragon View Post

Talking about another dumb Obama move!. Forget that Obama shouldn't be doing something like this, congress should be the one's, but this a government going after another government over hacking being done to a private company!!!. This wasn't a attack at the government of the U.S, But a private business. Talking about a dumb move!!!. What's next? Talking about one really bad president, this clearly shows it I'd nothing else at this point has.

And if North Korea sent a missile and blew your god damn home up would you still be pissy if the President of the United States retaliated?  I'm so sick of all the ungrateful, disrespectful, entitled losers who should just move out of the US if they hate it and the people the majority elected to run it.

• Reply 73 of 138
    misamisa Posts: 827member
    joogabah wrote: »

Ok, but the last time the USA tried that they ended up killing 3 million of them.  Regime change usually means a blood bath.

The USA and the West do everything they can to strangle countries that attempt to avoid the social consequences of market economies, and then they point to these damaged states as failures.  The Interview is political propaganda passed off as entertainment.  And it is in bad taste, directed at a country who suffered massive casualties inflicted by our military.  No reason to celebrate that.

Haha... Have you even seen it? At best it shows a mirror to Americans of how cruddy their entertainment is. At worst it makes Kim Jung-Un like a manipulative MRA-type going on a guys night out before going Jerry Springer during the interview part, ending with Kim dying in a non-comical way.

Like if North Koreans actually see it, maybe it will do more to shake them out of complicity, but that is likely wishful thinking and will get thousands killed.
  • Reply 74 of 138
    cgs268cgs268 Posts: 55member
    Films going straight to iTunes is really the future, right...?
    Let's see Sony also realises this now... Hopefully it will be the good thing that comes out of this whole incident.
  • Reply 75 of 138
    stoutie wrote: »
    This is sad since it's highly unlikely that NK even did the hack. The FBI used very old code that's been out in the public for some time now to determine that NK was behind it, and numerous experts have determined that NK did not hack Sony. My gut tells me the FBI blew this one and is now trying to keep from looking like idiots. They discounted a well-known security company's conclusions before they even saw the data behind it. I like Obama, but I think he missed it on this one and caved to public pressure. Unfortunate. There are lots of good reasons to hammer NK. This probably isn't one of them, and if it turns out they weren't behind the Sony hack it makes us look like morons.

Totally agree with you. It's a shame and it only demote FBI and U.S. Government
  • Reply 76 of 138
    nolamacguynolamacguy Posts: 4,758member
    stoutie wrote: »
    This is sad since it's highly unlikely that NK even did the hack. The FBI used very old code that's been out in the public for some time now to determine that NK was behind it, and numerous experts have determined that NK did not hack Sony. My gut tells me the FBI blew this one and is now trying to keep from looking like idiots. They discounted a well-known security company's conclusions before they even saw the data behind it. I like Obama, but I think he missed it on this one and caved to public pressure. Unfortunate. There are lots of good reasons to hammer NK. This probably isn't one of them, and if it turns out they weren't behind the Sony hack it makes us look like morons.

hmm, I wonder who's right -- the FBI, or an anonymous guy on a Mac forum with a post history of 22...
  • Reply 77 of 138
    Originally Posted by chazwatson View Post

And if North Korea sent a missile and blew your god damn home up would you still be pissy if the President of the United States retaliated?  I'm so sick of all the ungrateful, disrespectful, entitled losers who should just move out of the US if they hate it and the people the majority elected to run it.

Do you haven an actual argument or just nonsense?

• Reply 78 of 138
    roakeroake Posts: 811member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by stoutie View Post

All I had to read were those three words to realize you probably don't know what you are talking about. If your gut also tells you that Obama is a good guy, then your gut is full of crap!  :)

• Reply 79 of 138
    Originally Posted by Roake View Post

you probably dont know what you are talking about. :)

Maybe, in general, people should just avoid the “I like [noun], but…” phraseology. :p

• Reply 80 of 138
    Ummm. Did I miss when Sony changed from being a Japanese company to become a "US company"? Why isn't Japan leading the charge on this topic? Would Japan respond equally if Apple's Japanese subsidiary was hacked?