Samsung warns investors of first holiday quarter profit decline since 2011

Comments

• Reply 61 of 101
    I wonder if that's true ... if so ... wow

If true....heh, heh...heh. Heh, heheheh...
  • Reply 62 of 101
    Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

Is that it for the official Google News Update today? Or are there more scheduled?

I hope there are more. Those three paragraphs were much more informative about current technology than the entire article about Samsung.

• Reply 63 of 101
    baconstangbaconstang Posts: 1,105member

"it's like watching Honey-booboo fight with the cast from Duck Dynasty. "

OMG!  I think you're on to something there.

• Reply 64 of 101
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    tooltalk wrote: »
    No, much of their marketing spending ends up in the hands of retailers or consumers as rebates, promotion, spiff, etc, etc, not ads. 

Sure, everyone, including Apple copies shamelessly.  That's what everyone does in this business.

What has Apple shamelessly copy? Inspiration != copying.
  • Reply 65 of 101
    pscooter63pscooter63 Posts: 1,080member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by zippy2shoes View Post

I'm highly involved in the tech industry both in personal and professional life and I have plenty of opinions and thoughts about it.

Seems like someone of your ilk might be interested in all the CES news this week, for example.  But I haven't seem any of your insights about that posted.

Yet here you are, in a Samsung thread of debatable relevance.  And your posting history indicates the last time you took this much active interest in any AI thread was months ago in... wait for it... another Samsung thread.

In short, I'm not seeing any correlation between what you claim with your words, and what you actually do.

• Reply 67 of 101
    Quote:

Originally Posted by PScooter63 View Post

Seems like someone of your ilk might be interested in all the CES news this week, for example.  But I haven't seem any of your insights about that posted.

Yet here you are, in a Samsung thread of debatable relevance.  And your posting history indicates the last time you took this much active interest in any AI thread was months ago in... wait for it... another Samsung thread.

In short, I'm not seeing any correlation between what you claim with your words, and what you actually do.

Cherry picking from my comments is fun and all so I'll summarize it.   I mainly lurk on this site to gather insight from products I don't own but am interested in. I read most of the articles on here whether they are about Apple, Samsung or some other tech company.  I don't comment on here often as I tend to comment on other sites like where I feel the level of discussion is more civil and open (not trying to instigate, it is just my opinion).  I also like viewing news from different perspectives so I jump to websites to see how it is being reported because it allows me to get a broader understanding of it.  Same goes for the comment sections.  For the record, I'm not a fan of Samsung phones so I have no horse in that race. Had the S1 and never looked back (not a fan of TouchWiz)

• Reply 68 of 101
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Misa View Post

/snip

...it should act as a regular DisplayPort/HDMI monitor.

I just want a screen to plug stuff into.

• Reply 69 of 101
    Quote:

That would be because the most fervent of Apple fanboys can be found here as well so the two love to poke at each other (this site is often mentioned on fandroid sites as the place to go to find the Apple zealots).  This site is proudly pro-apple and does not hide their bias in both what they choose to publish (and not publish) and in their style of writing.  The comments section is equally the same.     More me, I find it humourous to read both sides of it because it's like watching Honey-booboo fight with the cast from Duck Dynasty.   It's trashy and  uneducated but for some reason I cannot avert my gaze.  If you have to really think about which side is which, then you are not on the outside looking in.  You are the show.

Probably because the "Apple zealots" as you call them, can't be bothered going to Android centric sites, so those spoiling for a fight have to come here.

In a world dominated by sites which Google indirectly pays for via their advertising, it's refreshing to have an alternative view of the "truth"..

• Reply 70 of 101
    Quote:

Most of the posters on this site come here to support their view that Apple is the best and to vent about Samsung or some other company that has somehow slighted them or made them feel insecure.   This is highly relevant because, in the eyes of Apple fans, Samsung evil and deserves to have their 'mortal' corporate enemy suffer losses.  I personally don't get it but fanboys from all walks of life are just like that.   AI posts more news about Samsung than Samsung fanboy sites do which I find pretty funny.

Wrong.

People come here for well researched articles exposing the truth, not some Google inspired fantasy espoused by those who base their earnings on Google advertising dollars, backed up by astroturfing commenters paid by Samsung and others.

Why does Apple dominate CES, even though they aren't even there?

The ecosystem, the ecosystem supporting third parties.

• Reply 71 of 101
    Quote:

The same arguments and allegations can be made about a lot of other companies.  They are not the first, nor are they the last.  Samsung is just the current target of this website and that's okay.  AIs job is to generate views/revenue from advertising and they know how to do it well.

Why don't you support your argument with examples.

• Reply 72 of 101

Anything to lessen creepy Google's grip on computing is a good thing.

"Free and open" my arse.

• Reply 73 of 101
    hentaiboyhentaiboy Posts: 1,252member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by RedGeminiPA View Post

It's not about beating a dead horse. It's about beating down a criminal of a company that should be put out of business, and that's just not the Mobile Division.

Where would Apple get all those touch screens, memory chips and CPUs from then? 

• Reply 74 of 101
    Quote:

Originally Posted by hentaiboy View Post

Where would Apple get all those touch screens, memory chips and CPUs from then? 

There is that.

• Reply 75 of 101
    edit
  • Reply 76 of 101
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member

Have you heard Google is getting into the insurance business? LOL...

http://www.theverge.com/2015/1/8/7517361/google-getting-ready-to-sell-auto-insurance-and-maybe-buy-coverhound

• Reply 77 of 101
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member

Google is becoming a modern day Acme. :lol:
  • Reply 78 of 101
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

Google is becoming a modern day Acme. image

• Reply 79 of 101
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    hill60 wrote: »
    Probably because the "Apple zealots" as you call them, can't be bothered going to Android centric sites, so those spoiling for a fight have to come here.

Don't kid yourself, there's plenty of pro-Apple people on Android sites.
  • Reply 80 of 101
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    Rumors are Samsung is launching a round watch running Tizen at MWC. Of course that means Apple and ?Watch is doomed.