UBS survey finds 10% of consumers want a smartwatch, expects 24M Apple Watch sales in fiscal 2015

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 70

Wado Ryu Karate -  If I'm lucky I'll get away with the watch when not doing partner work. Otherwise it'll only be for solitary training :DWado Ryu Karate -  If I'm lucky I'll get away with the watch when not doing partner work. Otherwise it'll only be for solitary training :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacBook Pro View Post

Dojo?

Aikido?

Iaijutsu?

Judo?

Jujutsu?

Karate?

Kyujutsu?

• Reply 62 of 70
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member
    I just don't want to wear something with a screen on me.

How are you doing? Are you still ensconced in hospital? It's getting cold in London. I remember when I was in hospital, I felt the cold a lot. Hope they stretch to heating in those Swiss mountains.

I feel a lot better but still have a long road ahead of me recovery wise. I'm going home in a week for Christmas, I've hired a nursing firm to look in on me during the day. I can't wait, I have a lot of catching up to do, specifically in my little studio. I have been collecting new gear in anticipation for the day I would return. My new desk was installed last week so I can't wait to see it in person, I had the middle section etched out so I could insert my Panasonic 20" 4K ToughPad, it sits absolute flush with the rest of the desk. As of right now the only way to remove it is by pushing through the hole on the bottom where the cables go through but I'm planning on inserting a mechanical lift of some sort. I'll work on the details later. I also have my new Lenevo ThinkVision 4K Touch screen sitting on the desk, two huge touch enabled devices, so cool. The Panasonic is going to be used as a virtual mixer and of course air hockey, Angry Birds and bowling, can't have a touch top table and not have at least a few games to play. The Lenovo monitor is a real special thing and nearly impossible to find, mine was a demo used at a computer show but is still in perfect condition. It has an Nvidia K1 processor with 2GB of RAM, Android, it's meant as a stand alone media function but you know me I have other plans for such things, Arch Linux and of course using it as a 4K touch monitor, I love using touch enabled devices, especially with Albeton Live. I also have two stainless steal, chromed, tablet arms for two of my iPad Air 2's and the desktop station for my Surface Pro 3, two new microphones with stands, one is an Apogee One and the other is a Blue WoodPecker (bought this one used) for my Cello and Violin and a couple of new midi controllers from Novation and Akai. I'm ready to make me some music, oh yea baby.
  • Reply 63 of 70
    relic wrote: »
    I just don't want to wear something with a screen on me.

How are you doing? Are you still ensconced in hospital? It's getting cold in London. I remember when I was in hospital, I felt the cold a lot. Hope they stretch to heating in those Swiss mountains.

I feel a lot better but still have a long road ahead of me recovery wise. I'm going home in a week for Christmas, I've hired a nursing firm to look in on me during the day. I can't wait, I have a lot of catching up to do, specifically in my little studio. I have been collecting new gear in anticipation for the day I would return. My new desk was installed last week so I can't wait to see it in person, I had the middle section etched out so I could insert my Panasonic 20" 4K ToughPad, it sits absolute flush with the rest of the desk. As of right now the only way to remove it is by pushing through the hole on the bottom where the cables go through but I'm planning on inserting a mechanical lift of some sort. I'll work on the details later. I also have my new Lenevo ThinkVision 4K Touch screen sitting on the desk, two huge touch enabled devices, so cool. The Panasonic is going to be used as a virtual mixer and of course air hockey, Angry Birds and bowling, can't have a touch top table and not have at least a few games to play. The Lenovo monitor is a real special thing and nearly impossible to find, mine was a demo used at a computer show but is still in perfect condition. It has an Nvidia K1 processor with 2GB of RAM, Android, it's meant as a stand alone media function but you know me I have other plans for such things, Arch Linux and of course using it as a 4K touch monitor, I love using touch enabled devices, especially with Albeton Live. I also have two stainless steal, chromed, tablet arms for two of my iPad Air 2's and the desktop station for my Surface Pro 3, two new microphones with stands, one is an Apogee One and the other is a Blue WoodPecker (bought this one used) for my Cello and Violin and a couple of new midi controllers from Novation and Akai. I'm ready to make me some music, oh yea baby.

Wow; that's some setup! If you use a Mac, you must be tempted by the 5k retina 27" iMac. I certainly am. Next year or the year after, anyway.

Glad to hear you're getting away, if only briefly.

The Panasonic ToughPad (TouchPad?) sounds intriguing. I had a bizarre dream recently in which Apple brought out an 18" iPad! I think there is an 18" tablet by some company.
  • Reply 64 of 70
    pazuzupazuzu Posts: 1,728member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by NolaMacGuy View Post

try going on a jog one day and you'll figure it out.

I do all the time- shopping usually occurs after I jog. Not during.

• Reply 65 of 70
    mac_128mac_128 Posts: 3,454member
    nolamacguy wrote: »
    I don't wear a watch, and i want the features AW offers
    So, if Apple had not come out with the ?Watch, you would not buy any other fitness tracker on the market which offer similar features as ?Watch that you desire? Sounds like the biased reasoning of an Apple fanboi to me -- doesn't wear a watch, only willing to wear a watch if Apple makes one.
  • Reply 66 of 70
    [
    nolamacguy wrote: »
    as for Apple pay, why would I take my watch off during a jog? that's really grasping at straws.

Or if you do, for whatever reason, you quickly authenticate again on ?Watch make ?Pay active again. He's just spreading FUD in classic troll form.
  • Reply 67 of 70
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac_128 View Post

So, if Apple had not come out with the ?Watch, you would not buy any other fitness tracker on the market which offer similar features as ?Watch that you desire? Sounds like the biased reasoning of an Apple fanboi to me -- doesn't wear a watch, only willing to wear a watch if Apple makes one.

I think there is some truth to what you are saying. Most people who don't wear watches aren't going to suddenly go out and buy an Apple Watch.

In the future, as it gains more functionality, there is always the chance that there will be enough reasons to start wearing a watch. The main reason is usually convenience.

• Reply 68 of 70
    Dojo?

Aikido?
    Iaijutsu?
    Judo?
    Jujutsu?
    Karate?
    Kyujutsu?

"Don'ttouchmymustache"
  • Reply 69 of 70
    Nice post with good statistical information!
    I also love to wear smartwatches. I wear Sykla smartwatch, available at http://sykla.com/
  • Reply 70 of 70
    A year later the number still hasn't changed.