Apple's rumored 12'' Macbook Air & iOS apps ???

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2015

I am just wondering what Apple's strategy is behind the rumored 12'' MacBook in relation to the iPad Pro. I really could imagine that it could even replace my iPad Air for good. It's supposed to be mobile and light. 

The only thing is: would it ever be possible to run iOS apps under iOSX ? I am thinking of Newsstand and all that.

Bold prediction: Apple is going to work on that, closing the 'gap' between iOS and iOSX.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    wizard69wizard69 Posts: 13,377member
    warpfield wrote: »
    I am just wondering what Apple's strategy is behind the rumored 12'' MacBook in relation to the iPad Pro.
    Obviously those that know can't say and those that do are speculating. In any event I suspect that one Apple goal is a dramatically lower price on an entry level laptop. As for the iPAds I'm starting to loose hope that their vision is in alignment with mine. By this I mean that they need to loosen up with respect to the MiFi program and the inability of to leverage the iPAds I/O port in low volume applications.
    I really could imagine that it could even replace my iPad Air for good. It's supposed to be mobile and light. 
    IPad certainly has a different use case than a laptop.
    The only thing is: would it ever be possible to run iOS apps under iOSX ? I am thinking of Newsstand and all that.
    Probably never as they would not be as secure for the publishers.
    Bold prediction: Apple is going to work on that, closing the 'gap' between iOS and iOSX.

This is non sense Apple has been working on IOS and Mac OS compatibility since the two have been on the makret. In many cases you have exactly the same libraries on both machines. Apple hasn't given up on this and continues to move software features between machines when it makes sense.

However I believe some features are tied to IOS basically forever
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Originally Posted by WarpField View Post

I am just wondering what Apple's strategy is behind the rumored 12'' MacBook in relation to the iPad Pro.

Doesn’t exist, was never going to exist.