AppleInsider's official podcast kicks off with analysis of the week's top Apple stories

Posted:
in General Discussion edited February 2015
AppleInsider's inaugural podcast is now available to download, offering readers a new way to receive detailed analysis and opinion on the week's biggest Apple-related news.

This week, AppleInsider staff members Daniel Eran Dilger and Stephen Robles kick things off by discussing the top stories of the last few days in what proved to be a very busy week for Apple. On this episode:
  • Apple posts an $18 billion dollar profit and more in Q1 F2015.
  • Tim Cook says Apple Watch will ship this April.
  • YouTube dumps Flash and defaults videos to HTML5.
  • iOS 8.1.3 and OS X 10.10.2 are released.
  • Daniel discusses his editorial on Microsoft HoloLens.
The show is available on Apple's iTunes. You can listen to the podcast and subscribe via this link:

You can also listen to it embedded below:

Show note links: As this is our pilot episode, we'd appreciate your feedback and comments, as well as any questions that we can answer on future episodes. Send your responses to the AppleInsider Podcast at [email protected] or follow or tweet at us @appleinsider.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 48
    Hey, great idea guys! Podcasting is hot again.
  • Reply 2 of 48
    jexusjexus Posts: 373member
    Congrats on the podcast launch guys!

DED sounds pretty sweet here particularly. A much different image than is painted in some of his articles.

Also updates, Netflix on Yosemite uses HTML5, IE 11 and above use HTML5, Chrome 37 use HTML5 and the app on Windows 8.1 also streams via HTML5. Firefox is the only holdout atm due to the lack of EME support, which is coming in FF36 I believe for youtube by default(not sure about netflix).
  • Reply 3 of 48
    Very nice podcast. Well done
  • Reply 4 of 48
    That's weird... Why was my positive comment deleted?
  • Reply 5 of 48
    NIce! I'm looking forward to listening to this on my next drive.

I'm curious, too. I wouldn't think a critical post would necessarily be cause for outright deletion, but a positive post? I don't get it.
  • Reply 6 of 48
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Repost?

• Reply 7 of 48
    Been listening to MacBreak Weekly for years. But have been getting more and more frustrated with it in last couple of years as Andy Ihnatko and Leo Laporte become more and more Android fans. Used to listen to the MacWorld podcast too until they axed it along with the paper magazine, but have shifted to former host Jason Snell's new Clockwise podcast. Will welcome your new effort.
  • Reply 8 of 48

Once it's on iTunes I'll give it a try.

• Reply 9 of 48
    paxmanpaxman Posts: 4,729member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Hey, great idea guys! Podcasting is hot again.

This one?

• Reply 10 of 48
    Repost?

No, it has been courteously reposted and there is no issue now.
  • Reply 11 of 48
    Been listening to MacBreak Weekly for years. But have been getting more and more frustrated with it in last couple of years as Andy Ihnatko and Leo Laporte become more and more Android fans. Used to listen to the MacWorld podcast too until they axed it along with the paper magazine, but have shifted to former host Jason Snell's new Clockwise podcast. Will welcome your new effort.

I like Jason Snell also. Actually all of his podcasts are very good. He'd be a good guest!
  • Reply 12 of 48
    Sooo an Apple-centric podcast in iTunes is an afterthought. Come on, guys. Next you're going to tell us you made this on your Samsung ChromeBook...
  • Reply 13 of 48
    stephenroblesstephenrobles Posts: 91member, moderator, editor
    Sooo an Apple-centric podcast in iTunes is an afterthought. Come on, guys. Next you're going to tell us you made this on your Samsung ChromeBook...
    We would love to have it in iTunes immediately, but Apple reviews all new podcast submissions. We'll let you know as soon as it's available.
  • Reply 14 of 48
    I like Jason Snell also. Actually all of his podcasts are very good. He'd be a good guest!

Would be great to have special guests like Jason Snell!
  • Reply 15 of 48
    Have to ask will this be added to apples own podcast app?
  • Reply 16 of 48
    Have to ask will this be added to apples own podcast app?

As soon as Apple approves the podcast it will be available there.
  • Reply 17 of 48
    DED needs to get a quality microphone. It sounds like he's using his Mac's built in mic. It sounds amateurish.
  • Reply 18 of 48
    For laughs, get Rob Enderle
  • Reply 19 of 48
    We would love to have it in iTunes immediately, but Apple reviews all new podcast submissions. We'll let you know as soon as it's available.

Thanks. I really prefer to use iTunes, because it's just integrated into iOS and Mac OS, and I prefer to manage my podcasts using the native interface. However I am currently listening to it in Mobile Safari from SoundCloud. It seems to work just fine. I like it so far. An interesting discussion.
  • Reply 20 of 48
    kdjohn3 wrote: »
    DED needs to get a quality microphone. It sounds like he's using his Mac's built in mic. It sounds amateurish.

Hardly. I've heard podcast interviews over Skype, or worse. There's a little bit of room echo when DED speaks, which can be cured with a good external mic set to the proper input level (not too high on the gain).