Apple's 'indoor traffic' concept would estimate wait times at the airport, grocery store, DMV, more

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 26
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,727member
    Yep, unless there's queue capacity to handle all traffic, then someone using the system has to be the first one to be delayed by traffic. Waze only works if someone using Waze gets stuck in traffic.

I wasn't talking about Waze or anything in particular, just the basic concept. I am still thinking we get a feed back loop if data is being used to predict something to generate an alternative that itself is fed back into the data being analyzed. It sure as hell causes a scream with audio wiring :D Obviously I am missing something ... or the system only works if most people are not using it and the chosen few benefit, that I can see working.
  • Reply 22 of 26

only when i use apple maps.  otherwise i am comfortably in 2015 tyvm.

• Reply 23 of 26
    Quote:

Originally Posted by waterrockets View Post

I'm really getting sick of patents for obvious shit. I've got prior art from four years ago on this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Were you the first to file? Because that's how the patent process works now.

"Now?" -- That has always been the case and always will be. Alexander Graham Bell got to the patent office before Elisha Gray for the telephone link here. So, @waterrockets until you show and prove you are just talking loud and saying nothing as James Brown sang.

• Reply 24 of 26
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mesomorphicman View Post

"Now?" -- That has always been the case and always will be. Alexander Graham Bell got to the patent office before Elisha Gray for the telephone link here. So, @waterrockets until you show and prove you are just talking loud and saying nothing as James Brown sang.

At least the telephone was actually an invention.

• Reply 25 of 26
    calicali Posts: 3,494member
    Reminding iPhone users a line is short will be a bad idea this year as we will see more iPhone users than ever.
    eightzero wrote: »
    I agree. But this is hardly a scaleable solution. 10s of thousands of intersections (in the US alone) and in an urban environment simply not an option at most.

Some sensors some wiring some electronics some software. Done. Sent a man to the moon 45 years ago on <32kb. Yeesh.

I'm starting to think the conspiracy that we never landed on the moon might be true.
  • Reply 26 of 26
    Technology is taking away all the advantages of just being a clever and smart person. There's no need to know the driving shortcuts through town because Siri and maps tell everyone else and they follow like robots. Every aspect of life will be equalized to the point where all humans are just like dumb cattle, controlled and monitored by the tech elites.