Apple controls presentation in IBM partnership as salespeople use Macs, Keynote to push iOS in enter

Comments

• Reply 21 of 47
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SolipsismY View Post

Oh, I think we're all sufficiently and painfully aware of your racism and bigotry.

Yes, you keep repeating that, however it doesn't make it true.

I am a technological bigot, and I do not take race into consideration when discriminating.

• Reply 22 of 47
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by TheWhiteFalcon View Post

I dont think using Macs puts you in a different race.

He's a liberal racist. No matter what the topic, these racists only view the world in terms of race.

• Reply 23 of 47

Now if Apple could license WATSON to replace Siri, that would be fun

• Reply 24 of 47
    jd_in_sbjd_in_sb Posts: 1,600member

Things have certainly changed since that "1984" Superbowl commercial

• Reply 25 of 47
    haggarhaggar Posts: 1,568member

Perhaps the person who wrote the Mac hardware requirement should also put some attention on Apple's own data centers.

• Reply 26 of 47
    haggar wrote: »

Which servers does Apple use most? Dell? IBM?
  • Reply 27 of 47
    rogifan wrote: »
    Because everyone thought IBM would be using Dells and PowePoint to pitch iOS in the enterprise? :rolleyes:

IBM had its chance to sell PCs and tablets, but that time has ended.
  • Reply 28 of 47
    techguy911 wrote: »
    I can understand asking reps to use Macs and OSX, but requiring presentations to be created and presented using Keynote, geez.  Many of us have been using Powerpoint for a long time, it takes time to switch to making presentations with something else and still be able to make professional looking material with deadlines.

If learning Keynote (assuming they get training) is that big a deal, then their workforce has bigger problems.
  • Reply 29 of 47
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    Thanks to Apple II the thread went down the crapper. As usual, way to go.
  • Reply 30 of 47
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    I can understand asking reps to use Macs and OSX, but requiring presentations to be created and presented using Keynote, geez.  Many of us have been using Powerpoint for a long time, it takes time to switch to making presentations with something else and still be able to make professional looking material with deadlines.

If learning Keynote (assuming they get training) is that big a deal, then their workforce has bigger problems.

Indeed. It is so intuitive that there really is no learning curve. Unless you want to do 'fancy' stuff, like I always see people try to achieve in PP. A pity that never turns out to be fancy at all.
  • Reply 31 of 47
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by rob53 View Post

I don't care how long you've been using Powerpoint, Keynote is miles above anything Powerpoint can deliver. If you absolutely can only use Powerpoint, I believe Keynote can export a degraded version for Powerpoint. 

You can build a presentation in Keynote and export it to ppt - Just don't use any animation because it won't work in Powerpoint and may kill the presentation by not running at all. This I have learned from experience. The only way to know is by testing on Windows or just using simple static slides. Even then the fonts are likely to go haywire unless you stick to Arial and Times New Roman.

We go to seminars all the time where half the presenters are on Windows and half are on Mac, although some Mac users still use Powerpoint. Major time consuming nightmare to switch out everything between presentations plus you have a whole bunch of different laptops and cables laying all around the podium.

• Reply 32 of 47
    zabazaba Posts: 226member
    Are you serious??
  • Reply 33 of 47
    tbelltbell Posts: 3,146member
    I highly doubt Apple is dictating anything to IBM. IBM is using Macs because IOS plays better with Apple products, and Apple makes the best notebooks. It was a mutually beneficial arrangement and I wouldn't be surprised if Apple provides them for free or at cost.
  • Reply 34 of 47
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,322moderator
    zaba wrote: »
    Are you serious??

Powerpoint is like air to middle managers.

I being a middle manager have only my slides
    Tread softly because you tread on my slides.
  • Reply 35 of 47
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    Y'know, that Mac company...the one those Job and Wiz guys started.

Job? The one from Banshee, or the biblical one?
  • Reply 36 of 47
    dasanman69 wrote: »
    Job? The one from Banshee, or the biblical one?

Yep. ????
  • Reply 37 of 47
    My formal company OEMs to IBM printers and we were told on the face by the IBM rep why we were using DELL notebooks? From then on those who had direct dealings used ThinkPads and that's how they "influence" their business partners.

But I must admit the ThinkPads were rock solid machines which I'd one that last almost 5 years without fault even done upgrades like upsize the hard drive and Windows XP to 2000!
  • Reply 38 of 47
    calicali Posts: 3,494member
    Professionals STILL use windows??!!

Funny. I knew a guy who worked for Apple. He's a third party who is hired for work on iPhone. He has an iPhone 5 and couldn't care less about rumors and insider secrets.

Ironically, he had an old PC laptop in his office which he took to the Apple campus for a presentation on iPhone

He told me he used a PowerPoint and told the Apple engineers "Sorry I don't have a Mac."
    He said everyone in the room just laughed and moved on.

I can see it being a problem though if you're dealing with customers.
  • Reply 39 of 47
    However, there is no instruction to avoid using a PC or Windows machine whatsoever. Therefore, the news is simply not true.
    No, Apple is not requiring that everyone switch, just those directly involved with pitching the joint partnership. It's a small number of people, the company is not going to be broadcast in this to everyone, just the partners and project executives who need to know, who can in turn make sure this is followed to those who need to know.
  • Reply 40 of 47
    what thewhitefalcon said. PP what a pile.

In a sad note, I feel Apple has completely left the building when it comes to Enterprise products. I kinda thought Apple might purchase IBM, but they'll probably just consider them their Enterprise Division from here on out, I know these arrangements were made about 2 years ago or more, but that all folks...

Consumer and Enterprise, Apple and IBM...respectively.