Insider advises Apple investors to brace for 50% plunge in iPad sales this quarter

14567810»

Comments

• Reply 181 of 186
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MJ Web View Post

I concur with Kuo. Just about everyone who wants an iPad has an iPad -- including me! And I don't envision replacing it anytime soon. I get much more function out of my MB Air, preferring OS X and its full blown apps to IOS's walled garden and neutered apps. Apple is on the right track with IBM in rebranding iPads to the enterprise. And I believe iPad's role is underutilized as a retail Kiosk, especially in light of Apple Pay. But for consumers like myself, iPads are kinda meh.

I finally replaced my '3' with the Air 2 and I see that pattern repeating as power and lightness continue to improve. Probably get a new one in 2017-18. I'm following relatively the same replacement cycle with the iPhone.

• Reply 182 of 186
    mj webmj web Posts: 918member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

I finally replaced my '3' with the Air 2 and I see that pattern repeating as power and lightness continue to improve. Probably get a new one in 2017-18. I'm following relatively the same replacement cycle with the iPhone.

That's cool. I OTOH don't envision my iPad Air becoming obsolete in the foreseeable future. It can stream HD and handle any media I throw at it. That's the iPad sales conundrum. 

• Reply 183 of 186
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member

i'm happy with my ipad

i use it every day

no point being sad

on a new one i just say nay

• Reply 184 of 186
    Quote:

Originally Posted by MJ Web View Post

That's cool. I OTOH don't envision my iPad Air becoming obsolete in the foreseeable future. It can stream HD and handle any media I throw at it. That's the iPad sales conundrum. 

It'll be interesting to see how Apple approaches slightly softer sales. Focusing on more niche markets where cost isn't an issue (designers and visual professionals) and are looking for a larger iPad, for one.

• Reply 185 of 186
    pistispistis Posts: 247member
    mj web wrote: »
    I concur with Kuo. Just about everyone who wants an iPad has an iPad -- including me! And I don't envision replacing it anytime soon. I get much more function out of my MB Air, preferring OS X and its full blown apps to IOS's walled garden and neutered apps. Apple is on the right track with IBM in rebranding iPads to the enterprise. And I believe iPad's role is underutilized as a retail Kiosk, especially in light of Apple Pay. But for consumers like myself, iPads are kinda meh.

I think the use case for iPads is limited I see its introduction was a deal where most people have tried them and found them okay for some things not for others, I use mine for a few things usually in bed, viewing email browsing etc I don't take it out and about as much now I have the ip6+ there are a few apps that I prefer on the iPad and too small on iPhone , overall I'd say it's useful but won't replace a phone or a laptop. It looks more suited for business in certain applications like medical, retail and so on. One nice thing is I take photos on my iPhone and my family gets to see them immediately at home using photo stream this is really useful when I'm travelling