New Ti's out end of April

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
according to MacUser U.K. <a href="http://www.macuser.co.uk/"; target="_blank">http://www.macuser.co.uk/</a>; anyway

24 Apr\t12:57\tMike Hirschkorn

800MHz PowerBook to debut next week

Reports have indicated that Apple may be preparing an update for the PowerBook G4 as early as next week.

Dealers worldwide have reported that supplies of the current 533MHz and 667MHz PowerBooks have dried up in recent weeks. MacUser sources have confirmed that Apple is no longer accepting orders on these two models.

Reports indicate that two new models will debut on 30 April. The entry-level specification is expected to feature a 667MHz processor and a 20Gb hard disk, while the top-end machine will use an 800MHz chip and have a 40Gb hard disk.

It is not yet known whether any other specifications, such as the graphics chip will change, and it seems unlikely that this iteration of the PowerBook will have built-in Bluetooth capabilities.

An Apple spokesman was unavailable for comment on the reports.

- T.I.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    spartspart Posts: 2,060member
    Usually posts are put into FH that shouldn't be, not the other way around...be careful with the mold, don't break it.

And I'm not suprised that the supply of the 533MHz line of PowerBooks dried up as Apple has yet to debut a PowerBook that operates at 533MHz...
  • Reply 2 of 6
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    I want to "respect my elders" but this really is old news
  • Reply 3 of 6
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    I don't want to be unpolite to our favorite mod, but don't you think like Spart that this thread will be better on FH ? .

And should i ask you whith respect if you where refering to 500 mhz Tibook rather than 533 mhz one ?

However, this info is plausible. The ti book 667 is getting old now, some update is needed.

[ 04-25-2002: Message edited by: powerdoc ]</p>
  • Reply 4 of 6
    [quote]Originally posted by powerdoc:

<strong>I don't want to be unpolite to our favorite mod, but don't you think like Spart that this thread will be better on FH ? .

And should i ask you whith respect if you where refering to 500 mhz Tibook rather than 533 mhz one ? </strong><hr></blockquote>Mod ? ? ?

533 mhz? I just quoted the article, doc.

Just don't forget to vote next week

- T.I.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    [quote]Originally posted by The Installer:

<strong>Mod ? ? ?

533 mhz? I just quoted the article, doc.

Just don't forget to vote next week

- T.I.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Go to your forum and you will see what i mean.

I will vote next week for sure. France will have the same president, perhaps not the best one, but one hundred billions of time better than his opponement.

• Reply 6 of 6
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    This does belong (or should I say, it should be installed?) in FH. Not only that, there's an <a href="http://forums.appleinsider.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=001564&p=2"; target="_blank">existing thread</a> there that it would fit right into.

Please continue there.