Apple Inc. shares approach ex-dividend as it gears up to distribute $2.8 billion to shareholders [u]

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 22
    Quote:

Originally Posted by razorpit View Post

Well a week has passed, and the stock has gone up $4.63.  As I said before sure beats a $.47 dividend.  Will there be a rainy day?  Some day, but I think we'll see a lot more success before that day comes...

Well a week has passed, and the stock has gone up $4.63.  Will there be a rainy day?  Some day, but I think we'll see a lot more success before that day comes...

There will be the typical large selloff as the financial institutions collect their dividend then move on to trolling their next target.

• Reply 22 of 22
    razorpitrazorpit Posts: 1,796member

Sorry for the double post in my previous response, don't know how that happened.

You're right, the stock will fall a little in the next few days, but it will quickly recover.  Apple is in a good place hardware wise, sure we'd all love a new AppleTV, but the watch will be in the press for weeks if not months.  Once companies start utilizing the services such as HomeKit, CarPlay, HealthKit, etc. it's game over.  Look at ApplePay, it's still in its infancy.  Most of the people I know in the real world are unaware it even exists.  For the most part its's only geeks like us using it.

My point, don't live in fear, it's still a good time to buy if you're in for the long haul.