JP Morgan raises Apple price target to $145, forecasts sales of 26M Apple Watches this year

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 39
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    lkrupp wrote: »
    All the techies urinating on the Apple Watch’s grave already. My, my. my. Got any of those feminine napkin jokes left over from the iPad launch? I remember the techies whining about how tablets would never catch on because you can’t do real work, and you couldn’t access the “real” Internet because iOS didn’t support Flash.  I for one trust Apple’s ability to succeed by building great products that people want to use. They didn’t get to that $700 billion market cap by selling crap you know.

That's true, but I'm still so glad iOS 9 will apparently be the bug-fixing optimisation release.
  • Reply 22 of 39
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    While I do believe the watch will be good based on Apple's track record, how can anyone predict how many will be sold? It hasn't been released.
  • Reply 23 of 39
    fallenjtfallenjt Posts: 4,054member
    sog35 wrote: »
    My target is $150 by EOY.

holding 1000 shares
    Then what? Sell off or hold?
  • Reply 24 of 39
    fallenjt wrote: »
    Then what? Sell off or hold?

In the words of Warren Buffet, "buy and hold forever". ????
  • Reply 25 of 39
    Two things to watch out for A) bullish analysts raising targets at all-time highs (bearish indicator) and B) bearish analysts lowering targets at lows (bullish indicator). This would indicate that we are close to a top....
  • Reply 26 of 39
    Two things to watch out for A) bullish analysts raising targets at all-time highs (bearish indicator) and B) bearish analysts lowering targets at lows (bullish indicator). This would indicate that we are close to a top....

Everyone is trumpeting AAPL right now and raising their targets, so it's quite possible a pullback is in the near future. Makes no difference to me. I'm holding as usual. If there was a drastic drop at this point (back to or under $100), I'd buy more.
  • Reply 27 of 39
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

I'd like to see another stock split before I sell some off.

• Reply 28 of 39

I'm sure Apple will sell a lot of gold watches in Dubai. Perhaps enough to drive up their average prices. I'm just a little weary on the watch due to the fact that an entire generation or two has grown up without wearing one. We'll see.

• Reply 29 of 39
    Quote:

Originally Posted by bugsnw View Post

I'm sure Apple will sell a lot of gold watches in Dubai...(snip)

And China.

• Reply 30 of 39
    Glass half empty: " Because it requires an iPhone for use, the Apple Watch is limited to owners of the iPhone 5 and newer."

I'd point out this can be viewed another way ...

Glass half full: ?Watch sales drive additional iPhone sales from those that want it and don't yet have an iPhone 5 and newer.

Another advantage is all the computing power in the iPhone. It far outstrips what can be done in standalone competitor's watches.

The Apple Watch has its own chip, but it's also a display for an iPhone that's as powerful as average desktops 6 years ago.
  • Reply 31 of 39
    eightzeroeightzero Posts: 3,069member

Yeah....No:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/kickshark/chronosdock-luxury-bedside-dock-for-apple-watch

Someone is going to have to do better than this...

• Reply 32 of 39
    bluefire1bluefire1 Posts: 1,302member

Let's see if the Apple Watch forecasts are realistic, especially if rumors that the battery life could be as low as 2.5 hours are true.

• Reply 33 of 39
    pazuzupazuzu Posts: 1,728member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueFire1 View Post

Let's see if the Apple Watch forecasts are realistic, especially if rumors that the battery life could be as low as 2.5 hours are true.

Not to mention you can't take a shower with it- you have to take it off then put it back on. A forget swimming with it, or boating with it, etc. 

• Reply 34 of 39
    bluefire1 wrote: »

What idiot said that?
  • Reply 35 of 39
    fallenjtfallenjt Posts: 4,054member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

In the words of Sog35, "buy and sell off" to make profit. He did sell some over the last few months in 2014.

• Reply 37 of 39
  • Reply 38 of 39
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    bluefire1 wrote: »

What's considered "heavy use"? Constantly touching the watch and asking Siri to read back the complete works of Shakespeare while using Apple Pay to make a dozen purchases per minute?