Marijuana dating app High There bubbles up onto the App Store

Posted:
in iPhone edited February 2015
iPhone owners finding it difficult to connect with their peers through the tetrahydrocannabinolic haze have a new option with High There, a Tinder-like matchmaking app that specializes in bringing together users with a penchant for bud.

To differentiate itself from similar social networks, High There gives users the ability to define their marijuana preferences in detail. When creating a profile, users can specify their preferred method of THC ingestion, their energy level while baked, and various pastimes that hold their interest.

Typical features needed to reach parity with competitors -- such as person-to-person text chat -- are of course included. Users can also see how far away their matches are.

Surprisingly, or perhaps unsurprisingly, the vast majority of High There's iTunes description is dedicated to things users can't do with the app. Its creators will not allow photos of marijuana plants, nudity, or "illegal activity of any kind."

Additionally, potential users are warned not to share financial data, send money, or give their address or phone number to strangers they may meet through the app. Using the chat feature to set up meets "for an exchange of goods, services or money" is also not recommended.

High There version 1.0 is available now as a free, 12.3-megabyte download from the App Store.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 15
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member

These models do not smoke pot.

• Reply 2 of 15
    And the sister App, Cheers! For those who like to drink.
  • Reply 3 of 15
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

I thought all Getty Images stock photo models did?! 

• Reply 4 of 15

Not into Mary Jane or anything - but the app's name is genius, I must say.

• Reply 5 of 15
    paxmanpaxman Posts: 4,729member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Rachel looks stoned to me but then again I can barely keep my lids open so I can't really tell.

• Reply 6 of 15
    drugdeal central high there!
  • Reply 7 of 15
    Dude. They should totally get Ellen Feiss to endorse this.
  • Reply 8 of 15

Why the **** didn't they have these apps when I was single? Too effing late now.

• Reply 9 of 15
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Retrogusto View Post

Dude. They should totally get Ellen Feiss to endorse this.

She claimed in an interview it was cough medicine that made her eyes red.

• Reply 10 of 15
    Quote:

Users can also see how far away their matches are.

D00d, I think the blunt's gone out, pass the matches.

Duh, where are they man...

Hang on I'll check my iPhone... oh there they are the matches are about 3 feet to your left.

• Reply 11 of 15
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member

Hi, my name is Janet, I haven't been smoking long, doctor prescribed pot to alleviate some of my neurosis that I inauspiciously acquired after trying Jdate just once.

• Reply 12 of 15
    marvfoxmarvfox Posts: 2,275member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by brlawyer View Post

Why the **** didn't they have these apps when I was single? Too effing late now.

Terrific vocabulary you have.

• Reply 13 of 15
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    relic wrote: »
    Hi, my name is Janet, I haven't been smoking long, doctor prescribed pot to alleviate some of my neurosis that I inauspiciously acquired after trying Jdate just once.

You should also stop watching Seinfeld episodes. Jewish New Yorkers are doubly neurotic. :lol:
  • Reply 14 of 15
    ireland wrote: »

People might be surprised at how many casual cannibas users there are and have been...including past and current presidents (and to be clear, I am not one of them even though I am 100% for decriminalization).
  • Reply 15 of 15
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

People might be surprised at how many casual cannibas users there are and have been...including past and current presidents (and to be clear, I am not one of them even though I am 100% for decriminalization).

My sister was always the pot smoker in the family but I enjoy a puff every now and then. There is a small smokers bar down by the lake which is very popular amongst the pot heads by the name of Podium 41, used to be called Chaos. Great place to get high, especially during the summer when the sun doesn't go down till 10:00pm. Anyway If any of you are ever in Zug, here are some walking directions starting from the train station. 

https://www.google.ch/maps/dir/Zug,+Bahnhofplatz,+Zug/Podium41,+Chamerstrasse+41,+6300+Zug/@47.1727293,8.5120931,1195m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m14!4m13!1m5!1m1!1s0x479aaa58fbcf72e5:0x936091323db2ab7!2m2!1d8.515207!2d47.173193!1m5!1m1!1s0x479aaa5fe26e81f1:0x16fbf9cd4bd0f509!2m2!1d8.506478!2d47.173161!3e2